Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Winged_Cat_Dormant

Typical new CV scenario.

12 comments in this topic

Players
836 posts
9,691 battles

One DD per side, but four CVs in a tier 7-8-9 game.

The red DD retreating from CV harassment, and everybody else in a big cluster of wary drivers.

I survived the battle because the CVs are not stupid and they will not attack a Cleveland, just in case.

Then it was the CVs constantly attacking the red DD until it was finally dead.

We won because someone got one red CV out early in the game.

CVgame.png

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,808 posts
17,172 battles

It's called forced teamwork.

Played a few games in my Shimakaze with one or two CVs in each game. It usually went quite well when I played very defensive and stayed within 5km of an AA heavy ally. This means that lone-wolving or stalling entire flanks on your own is not possible anymore. However it also extremely limited my spotting and damage potential and more often then not I ended up with more gun than torpedo damage (and that in an IJN torpedo boat).

Also some of the games devolved into huge campfests because nobody dared to more anywhere.

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles

This is why it's good to have a ranked without carriers. I'll stick to that, until those brave souls who play random figure out how to play with carriers around.

• Cool 1

Players
836 posts
9,691 battles
26 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

It's called forced teamwork.

Played a few games in my Shimakaze with one or two CVs in each game. It usually went quite well when I played very defensive and stayed within 5km of an AA heavy ally. This means that lone-wolving or stalling entire flanks on your own is not possible anymore. However it also extremely limited my spotting and damage potential and more often then not I ended up with more gun than torpedo damage (and that in an IJN torpedo boat).

Also some of the games devolved into huge campfests because nobody dared to more anywhere.

I disagree. For team work to work it has to be a concerted effort, not everybody hiding and changing the natural play style (for some dds, not all of course).

[SLO-M]
Players
225 posts

As DD, you dont have a chance anymore, [edited]planes are above you all the time. WG really did a major [edited]up with this update, all classes are pissed, which is a new low even for WG. Long term effect od vodka abuse at its finest.

Beta Tester
2 posts

Hi there,

This is wat 0.8 has done for me.

image.thumb.png.aae2f0afc82975101f1c97bab0bf4ddb.png

I have a 18 point captain wit full AA specs and the defensive zone was facing towards the attacking Graf Zeppelin.

I was continually spotted, and once de Graf Zeppelin focust on me I was a dead man, I did not shoot down any airplane and took in return 6 torps that I could not dodge.

I had the same results in the Tirpitz and Graf Spee.(the Tirpitz shot down six airplanes)

This game was typical game of the last two days

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,300 battles

Likeiwse, played a game in my Missouri fully AA specced. Contiously attacked by a Haku and with 4-5 strikes he managed to get me down to half health. Meanwhile I shot down ZERO of his planes, ZERO.

I noticed this myself when playing my Lexington. If you know how to avoid AA you are immortal. I did the same thing to a Conqueror, just kept attacking him and he couldnt shoot down my planes.

Essentially, long range AA needs a nerf and short range AA needs a serious buff. The disparity between a CV that knows how to dodge flak and one that doesnt is INSANE. This means the skillgap between a good and a bad CV is even bigger than it was with the old system and a skilled CV tier 8-10 has an even greater impact in the game than before.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,027 posts
16,627 battles

It would be a lot easier with one CV per game, to be honest. As for AA.... there has to be a full manual takeover facility. A few dodgy fighters or consumables won't cut it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
34 minutes ago, DMMEB said:

Hi there,

This is wat 0.8 has done for me.

Spoiler, it's what you always were like.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this