Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

Do something about the “blast off into stratosphere” return thingy

7 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,037 battles

Well I currently have my ryuujo, and by throwing planes at my brother and bots in the training room, I found out some form of a weird yet effective strategy, which can quite drastically reduce the effect of AA, and also allow bottom tier cvs to deal chip damage to higher tier delicated AA ships. 

Note: this build appears to work at the highest effectiveness for IJN cvs, since their planes are fast and lightly armored in general, USN cvs have more armored planes and have slow aiming time for some of their planes(torp bombers I presume) currently I call this CV cheese strat( brother says “infinite waves strat”)

What to do with your boat and skipper:

get every last skill and upgrades for boosting squad speed, then get air supermercy for more planes on deck(or is it better service time? Whatever, take both), the aiming stabilisation for faster aim time, more boost duration skill and upgrades and the one which decreases aircraft restoration time. rest of the points/upgrades you can spend as you desire.

How to use:

first, positioning of the cv is crucial, it needs to be close enough, but not too close that they can see and shoot you. Preferably behind a mountain. Then, get into the mind that you only effectively have only one attack run per squad, in other words after you launch a attack vs a ship, immediately press “f” or whatever you bound for recalling the squad. NEVER ATTEMPT ANOTHER RUN, unless the ship in quetion has peashooters for its AA and it’s on its own. Even then recall after the second run. And as always, A+D and a bit of boost here and there to make the flak miss more often is highly recommended.

That’s it. Why this works is because as soon as you hit “f”, the squad appears to immediately blast off into the stratosphere where it can no longer be damaged by AA, and as soon as the planes return to the cv they are full health again. the strength of this strat is that since little to no planes are shot down yet there it appears that there is a endless wave(hence the speed related skills and upgrades are important here, and why I think IJN cvs are better at this since they have a faster aim time, so are better at dodging even during attack run/less time spent setting up attack) so there is a psychological effect that your AA is useless, and the fact that there is actually no counter to that unless the cv gets greedy and attempts to do another drop(hence the mental discipline needed) or AA suceeds In analiating the entire squad at once or potatos into a boom cloud, which brings us along to its weakness.

the big and obvious weakness is that you are probably forgoing most of the plane HP and reinforcement stuff, and you have to be competent in evading  the boom clouds reliably enough to get 1 drop off, since getting hit will mean loss of planes no matter what. The other thing is that you can only deal chip damage to ships, since you are going to be only using a single attack for each squad.

To fix this issue, I say for the planes that have completed the drop, they blast off immediately, but if you press F, they fly in a straight line for 2-3s before actually blasting off, so they can be extra vurnable to AA in that, so it is encouraged that you bring them out of AA zone before pressing “f”

edit: went to YouTube and found out that Ichase pretty much did the exact same thing as me in my ryuujo in my testing:

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

And practical outside-of-training-room use of your “exploit”: effectively none

From what I’ve seen there are far better ways to deal with AA

• Cool 1

Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles
50 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And practical outside-of-training-room use of your “exploit”: effectively none

From what I’ve seen there are far better ways to deal with AA

It enables to do some damage against tightly packed AA, so

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-2

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

It enables to do some damage against tightly packed AA, so

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-2

Honestly, at this point just go sub to @El2aZeR on YT, watch how he does it & learn from him, and you’ll be far better off than trying the “1 attack and recall” or anything similar people might try

Btw El2 - when are you going to start streaming? This is your hour to shine :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles

I've seen his shenanigans from pts, already helpful for general gameplay

AA evasion from his Enterwaifu clip I already know and against single ships its borderline unfair plane. But when randoms bunch up, weaving gets tricky, which he gets away with F button:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
1 minute ago, PervoKris said:

Do planes still spot surface ships on their way back to the carrier?

No.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this