Sign in to follow this  
Kawara

They ruined the game

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,786 battles

Cvs are not fun to play anymore and ill stop playing this game.

I cant imagine 1 CV main who likes this rework.

• Cool 7

[T2FTW]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,464 battles

How selfish you are ... No need to imagine ,I am enjoying the patch .

• Bad 3
  • Angry 1

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles
3 minutes ago, DanottiTR said:

You are probably the only 1 ^^ if I wanted to play at a plane game, i would choose world of warplanes :p Personnaly, I have already sold my CVs in NA and EU and I just stop playing atm ^^ going back to a real warship game ^^

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,786 battles
4 minutes ago, DanottiTR said:

So tell me why beeing selfish is wrong in this situation. 

If the playerbase dislikes the update (just look at the forum right now) it is in their right to make their voices heared.

Also, if i dont like the game anymore because they removed my favourite part of it, should i force myself to still play it when there are many more games out there?

I dont think so.

• Cool 1

[T2FTW]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,464 battles
3 minutes ago, Kawara said:

So tell me why beeing selfish is wrong in this situation. 

If the playerbase dislikes the update (just look at the forum right now) it is in their right to make their voices heared.

Also, if i dont like the game anymore because they removed my favourite part of it, should i force myself to still play it when there are many more games out there?

I dont think so.

seriously ??? you have to right to not like the patch BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE SAME RIGHT TO LIKE IT ? 

• Angry 1

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,786 battles
2 minutes ago, DanottiTR said:

seriously ??? you have to right to not like the patch BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE SAME RIGHT TO LIKE IT ? 

Just tell me where i stated that nobody can like this patch.

If you read my post again (it is not that long) you will notice that i wrote that:

I dislike it

I cant imagine other cv mains like it (if you are one. Congratiulations you have proven me wrong)

I will most likely stop playing if this is the final version.

Theres is absolutely no need to be so aggresssive ^^

• Cool 2

[T2FTW]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,464 battles

10 minutes ago, Kawara said:

Just tell me where i stated that nobody can like this patch.

If you read my post again (it is not that long) you will notice that i wrote that:

I dislike it

I cant imagine other cv mains like it (if you are one. Congratiulations you have proven me wrong)

I will most likely stop playing if this is the final version.

Theres is absolutely no need to be so aggresssive ^^

well you are jumping to forum and telling no CV main likes it and I am living ,then calling me no need to be agressive ..lol send me whatever you are smoking m8 ...

• Bad 1

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles
14 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

I like it...

How do you do that? ^^ I played old CV and ... omg i'm just braindead right now ^^ there is no strat at all for me.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
18 posts
1,895 battles

There is actually no way to like the CV after the update unless you are a Flight simulator fan. A  short flight simulation fan, since you will be gunned down in seconds by the AA. But I would advise not to disperse the complaints in many threads and concentrate on the official thread, where someone of the WGs, should they be interested in feedbacks, could read them easily. 

Weekend Tester
1,123 posts
8,709 battles
2 minutes ago, Dukewerth1 said:

How do you do that? ^^ I played old CV and ... omg i'm just braindead right now ^^ there is no strat at all for me.

Of course there is no start, because the gameplay is completely different.

It up to you to:

image.png.6cdd66d5e07bc84e9ae96204a594382e.png

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles
5 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Of course there is no start, because the gameplay is completely different.

It up to you to:

image.png.6cdd66d5e07bc84e9ae96204a594382e.png

I want to give them a chance. However, I hate what WG is doing. Think about all the patchs they did. It's just in order to make the game easier and easier and easier and braindead. Look for example, how much UK BB broadside without being punished? Now that for a CV? What I love with CV is you have to think, to use different strategies in order to help you team. Now you send 1 squad of planes and you rush into an ennemy and you do dmg or you loose your plane. And you do it, again and again and again.

A bot will do the same thing.... that's why I hate that.

Weekend Tester
1,123 posts
8,709 battles
11 minutes ago, Dukewerth1 said:

I want to give them a chance. However, I hate what WG is doing. Think about all the patchs they did. It's just in order to make the game easier and easier and easier and braindead. Look for example, how much UK BB broadside without being punished? Now that for a CV? What I love with CV is you have to think, to use different strategies in order to help you team. Now you send 1 squad of planes and you rush into an ennemy and you do dmg or you loose your plane. And you do it, again and again and again.

A bot will do the same thing.... that's why I hate that.

Thats understandable. There'll always be fans and haters to everything. For me personally, i dint like the old system and i prefer the newer one way more. Especially now, because there's actual CVs in games now and not one every 20 games.

But yeah. To each their own.

• Bad 2

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles
1 minute ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Thats understandable. There'll always be fans and haters to everything. For me personally, i dint like the old system and i prefer the newer one way more. Especially now, because there's actual CVs in games now and not one every 20 games.

But yeah. To each their own.

I agree, there will be always fan or hates like for doncic.

However, I trully believe there is doing a huge mistake. And now there are CVs because it's the patch. However, people will be boring because it's only a repetition of simple actions. Then, bye bye CV...

I always thought (and I still do) CVs could be changed with old system: just delet AP bomber or decrease their dmg (too powerfull I admit), less dmg of torpedo and -1 torpedo per squad. (something like that)

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
6 hours ago, DanottiTR said:

No, you do not have the right to like it. Stop being so selfish by liking it.

See how amazing an argument that is?

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles

You have to look at this from a balancing standpoint. You can't insta-delete ships by simply clicking on them anymore. It's sad, but it offers some sort of balance now, allowing CVs to have the potential to influence the match like just about any other ship. You account for less than 10% of the playerbase (CV mains are not common at all), and there were two types of CV players:

- Those that would completely rain hell from the sky because they knew where to click the mouse.

- Those that would be ineffective and might as well have been AFK.

As a surface ship, you would often be matched up with one and the other. The first one would always dominate the match no matter how unicum the team on the other side was. It was just unfun. This change gives people an incentive to play a more "immersed" role as a CV. For some CV mains, this will be fun. For the RTS point-and-click-to-delete-ships types, this will make them rage. There was no way to placate everyone, so they had to placate the majority and a potential future base of new players that would be interested in CVs after the rework. So far, that's pretty much how it played out.

If WG finally made including CVs fun for at least 6 out of the 24 players in a match (1/3), then it's a HUGE improvement over the previous matches where only 1 out of the 24 (the unicum CV) would be the only one having real fun (unless his team loves having nothing to shoot at and sitting back while watching their winrate grow, which to me is absurd).

The only thing WG has to work on now is AA being functional and not simply a crapshoot, and making DDs playable, both of which don't require monumental amounts of coding.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but I want to offer you another perspective.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
870 posts
10,339 battles

I don't want to have CVs in every battle. Why not to make the MM more random?

If the box to opt out is not there at least offer me a random way to not be subject to this awful class.

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles
1 hour ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I don't want to have CVs in every battle. Why not to make the MM more random?

If the box to opt out is not there at least offer me a random way to not be subject to this awful class.

It will happen soon enough. I am already starting to experience my first battles without CVs since the patch. People are getting bored of it and are simply moving to other ships or even quitting the game entirely. It may sound like I am saying some "doom and gloom" crap but I think it's just a positive sign of a good ebb and flow to the playerbase. Who knows? We might even see WoWS go back to normal with 2-3 matches in a row without CVs before you see one.

Players
870 posts
10,339 battles
4 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

It will happen soon enough. I am already starting to experience my first battles without CVs since the patch. People are getting bored of it and are simply moving to other ships or even quitting the game entirely. It may sound like I am saying some "doom and gloom" crap but I think it's just a positive sign of a good ebb and flow to the playerbase. Who knows? We might even see WoWS go back to normal with 2-3 matches in a row without CVs before you see one.

Fair enough. I woke up very early today and had some battles without CVs. People were surprise and...happy about it!

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles
1 minute ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Fair enough. I woke up very early today and had some battles without CVs. People were surprise and...happy about it!

I was ecstatic, to say the least. It felt refreshing and we had a good time. Suffered a defeat because half the team decided to evaporate in minute 2 of the match, but it was jolly. I was basically chilling with the enemy in chat once I died. The environment was beautiful and nostalgic.

• Funny 2

Players
870 posts
10,339 battles
4 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

I was ecstatic, to say the least. It felt refreshing and we had a good time. Suffered a defeat because half the team decided to evaporate in minute 2 of the match, but it was jolly. I was basically chilling with the enemy in chat once I died. The environment was beautiful and nostalgic.

Haha! You captured the feeling!

[OCTO]
Players
442 posts
19,500 battles

Pro's:

None.

Cons:

Constant plane spawning.

DD's/cruisers perma spotted by air.

More than one a side is too much

Tier 4, 6 and 8 CV's weak when up tiered.

Tier 10 CV's appear to be OP against tier 8 and 9 enemies.

CV's do not actually counter each other in this iteration.

Teams now seem to camp more now for protection.

DD's cannot really cap (esp at tiers 8, 9 and 10) due to radar and planes. 

Games are now quite boring. Pubs do not want to play the competitive borefest "kings of the sea" type battle, every battle.

You might as well get rid of the domination mode and just run standard battles due to the perma spotting caused by multiple CVs per side. I bet epicentre is a barrel of laughs with 3 CV's a side.

• Cool 3

[TDVAS]
Players
2 posts
15,130 battles

I've got some problems with this build....its pretty awful.....i dont know if they are just using us now to develop it via feedback, at great cost to the players i might add.....but for dd's its now not much fun....

1> The concealment element (which weak and damaged ships rely on to survive!) is now gone as is all that lovely sneaky dd and cruiser strategy..stalking and torping tasty targets is now a nightmare.

2. Players with dd's are now taking a huge hit in earnings by being blown out of the water by multiple enemy ships early on thanks to endless plane detection

3.We are not in the trackless wastes of a huge ocean, we are jammed into a small square, so there's nowhere to evade so many planes. Way, way, too many planes...totally imbalanced..capping now suicide for dd's. also this is not at all realistic....spotter planes had to work very hard to find ship fleets during ww2 and the word 'luck' was used a lot.

4.I think i understand where the developer's are coming from, carriers made battleships obsolete historically, and with their planes were the real killers in ww2 on the ocean, but this aint world of CARRIERS!, its world of WARSHIPS!!!! by far the bulk of your player  base use bb's dds' and bc's and have no interest in carriers unless its through their gun sights. The success of this wonderful game comes from players exploration of bb's in their HEYDAY when they ruled the ocean's. The advent of carrier supremacy was the END of bb's.......which with this build is beginning to occur.

5.WOWS need to be more responsive to how much this is pissing off players....read the in game chat....LOTS of pissed off players. Players whom many have invested time and hard cold CASH to enjoy this game. Roll it back developers it doesnt work to elevate carriers so much, whats next? submarines? are you going to drive all of us non cv players under the sea's? :D

Ok now bracing for the cv sweetheart backlash (probably 3% or even 4% percent of player base!)  :D

Just kidding! but i would like to hear opinions on the above from both sides.

Players
2,804 posts
21,868 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, mlgomez sagte:

We might even see WoWS go back to normal with 2-3 matches in a row without CVs before you see one.

I don't think so. As @El2aZeR pointed out, it is WG's stated goal to make CVs super popular, have them in almost every battle and eventually open up all battle types and competitions to them (i.e. Ranked and Clan battles). That means if people get bored, they will on the one hand make the CVs ever more OP and dumb down their game play ever further while on the other hand offering ever more enticing incentives to play them. Until their dream has come true.

They be like

"START! LIKING! OUR! CVs! ALREADY!"

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles
5 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I don't think so. As @El2aZeR pointed out, it is WG's stated goal to make CVs super popular, have them in almost every battle and eventually open up all battle types and competitions to them (i.e. Ranked and Clan battles). That means if people get bored, they will on the one hand make the CVs ever more OP and dumb down their game play ever further while on the other hand offering ever more enticing incentives to play them. Until their dream has come true.

They be like

"START! LIKING! OUR! CVs! ALREADY!"

They're still a company. If they do this, all that will happen is that a couple of CV players will have this to fight against:

1: Players who are new to the game and have no clue they're there just to be nuked by CVs.
2: Bots used as filler.

The rest of the playerbase will just leave. I honestly am laughing at myself for purchasing a year of premium prior to this update. As I notice the skill gap widening between CVs again, I start to see why some people are complaining about CVs ruling the match. But..... I still see that CVs aren't as overwhelming as they used to be. They're somewhat neutered and you could take advantage of this. Once the AA mechanics have been sorted out, you could bet your bottom dollar that players will look to exploit it as much as possible.

If AA gets what it needs, the game will be fun for the majority of the playerbase. If CVs get favoritism, the playerbase generally will roll the dice hoping to find matches without them.

I just had two matches in a row without CVs. Not only was it refreshing, but I suddenly felt the compulsion to be at my best, scoring higher contributions for the team. This is perhaps the most important meta so far.