You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FatAndAngry

Texas nerfed hard

90 comments in this topic

[TTP]
Beta Tester
22 posts
4,338 battles

I had a game in my AA spec Texas last night. Remember how OP it is? 

Well not any more. I got swarmed by planes and eventually sunk by them, naturally. I managed to shoot down 6 planes from Tier 4 carriers. 

WG have nerfed the AA rating of every ship, that's true but I believe the Texas has had an extra large nerfing disguised with the stock one. 

So, WG will now even nerf your premiums. Anyone who gives them any more physical cash for anything is a fool. I only wish I hadn't bought premium time in the sale because I'm so disappointed that a game I loved has been vandalised in this way. 

I decided to uninstall the game and cut my losses. If WG improve it in the future I'll have another look but as things stand, for me it's over. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
18 minutes ago, FatAndAngry said:

Well not any more. I got swarmed by planes and eventually sunk by them, naturally. I managed to shoot down 6 planes from Tier 4 carriers. 

WG have nerfed the AA rating of every ship, that's true but I believe the Texas has had an extra large nerfing disguised with the stock one. 

So, WG will now even nerf your premiums. Anyone who gives them any more physical cash for anything is a fool. I only wish I hadn't bought premium time in the sale because I'm so disappointed that a game I loved has been vandalised in this way. 

I decided to uninstall the game and cut my losses. If WG improve it in the future I'll have another look but as things stand, for me it's over. 

nobody will miss you

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[WCBG]
Beta Tester
2,775 posts
22,720 battles

Quititng after a single game seems a bit excessive.  Maybe try more before you uninstall?

I'd try at least two......

If you don't like the CV play head off to ranked or scenario battles as there aren't CV in either (although there is an AI CV in Narai the operation that was running yesterday).

Beta Tester
4,028 posts
4,350 battles
25 minutes ago, FatAndAngry said:

How will you know if they've improved, if you've unistalled the game?

But seriously, I believe you share the pain with many others in this community. Me, I'm sorta worried what will happen to my beloved destroyers. I read one post after the other with horror stories of what happened to those DD:s that actually tried to go for a cap, and how no one's seen them again since. It's frankly a bit scary. 

As a fellow Beta Tester, I will say this: In an online PvP environment like World of Warships, change is not only inevitable, it is vital for the survival of the game. And after a major change like this carrier rework, everything is bound to be a bit topsy-turvy for a while. But as people settle back into their normal playing habits, and as Wargaming keeps evaluating and tweaking stuff, things will settle down. It's in Wargaming's best interests to keep all ship classes balanced and fun to play.

So I will keep on playing, and give feedback where I can. I hope that you will stick it out, too - but if you do leave, then please know that you will always be welcome back!

Sayonara, Captain!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[88888]
Players
1,217 posts
13,110 battles

And yet most see the issue with the player and not the game.

Have you ever seen so many negative comments before in this forum?

• Cool 2

[TTP]
Beta Tester
22 posts
4,338 battles
4 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Quititng after a single game seems a bit excessive.  Maybe try more before you uninstall?

I'd try at least two......

If you don't like the CV play head off to ranked or scenario battles as there aren't CV in either (although there is an AI CV in Narai the operation that was running yesterday).

Ordinarily this is wise advice, but do you really think it's suddenly going to shoot down more planes on a second or a third battle? 

I don't need to play 50 or 100 battles to be able to feel if it's fun or not. Personally speaking, I don't find it fun. 

Beta Tester
4,028 posts
4,350 battles
6 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

And yet most see the issue with the player and not the game.

Have you ever seen so many negative comments before in this forum?

Yes, when they took away the "stealth firing over open water" technology. :Smile_Default:

People were livid - the Blyskawica owners especially were almost frothing at their mouths. Letters of resignation from the game fell through the forums, like rain on Brest.

And yet, here we are. Neither the world nor the game ended.

• Cool 1

[TTP]
Beta Tester
22 posts
4,338 battles
15 minutes ago, veslingr said:

nobody will miss you

I don't doubt this for a second, but I'm a paying customer and I'm entitled to express my opinion. 

• Cool 2

[TTP]
Beta Tester
22 posts
4,338 battles
3 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Yes, when they took away the "stealth firing over open water" technology. :Smile_Default:

People were livid - the Blyskawica owners especially were almost frothing at their mouths. Letters of resignation from the game fell through the forums, like rain on Brest.

And yet, here we are. Neither the world nor the game ended.

I actually supported this change, it's been for the good.

The CV changes are game breaking. Maybe the numbers will settle down, who knows... 

• Cool 1

Players
1,252 posts

Kii with BFT, AFT, MAA and AR (if it counts anyway). AA-Mod 1. Sector reinforced 150% squadron from Midway comes straight for my side. Only one drop from that run. I know the tier difference is 2 but this is ridiculous. I have to test more on the weekend but I have a baaaad feeling about this.

[WCBG]
Beta Tester
2,775 posts
22,720 battles
8 minutes ago, FatAndAngry said:

Ordinarily this is wise advice, but do you really think it's suddenly going to shoot down more planes on a second or a third battle? 

I don't need to play 50 or 100 battles to be able to feel if it's fun or not. Personally speaking, I don't find it fun. 

On a game based on RNG and a wide variety on player skill - yes.   You could have just have been against a skilled CV player and had bad RNG (or they had good RNG as well).

[-TPF-]
Players
6,108 posts
25,293 battles

They've made a bit of a hash of the AA, to be honest. What you'll find is that a new or incompetent CV player will run into the flak bursts and lose all their planes: I killed 17 in a Bretagne last night, which is silly. 

A good player will have learned how to dodge the flak bursts, and then there is no defence other than the ship Auto AA, which has changed from being "the closer the planes get, the more damage they take" to this whole AA aura thing, which has weakened lots of short range AA and confused players whose ships aren't working like they used to. 

They will have to sort it out. Don't sell Texas now, wait at least three or four patches before even thinking about it, she may be back to her former glory by then. 

Hopefully we'll get a better, more active AA system than we currently have. I miss the whole "Ctrl+click to direct AA" thing, would be good if they could bring that back. DfAa could be a "click and hold" function where you get 15/20 seconds action per charge but have control over how much you use, that would stop CVS baiting people into using it and then coming back 45 seconds later... 

Beta Tester
4,028 posts
4,350 battles
Just now, FatAndAngry said:

I agree. (Even though I am one of the Blyska owners.)

1 minute ago, FatAndAngry said:

The CV changes are game breaking. Maybe the numbers will settle down, who knows... 

If the situation is as bad as some of the many posts say, for destroyers in particular, then I would expect Wargaming will try and fix it. The fact that any ship, even a battleship, will get sunk eventually if it is focused down by a carrier, is nothing new - but it's interesting that you'd feel the AA nerf so heavily in the Texas, given that battleships now seem to be the best AA platforms out there.

Beta Tester
4,028 posts
4,350 battles
3 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

They will have to sort it out. Don't sell Texas now, wait at least three or four patches before even thinking about it, she may be back to her former glory by then. 

This would be my advice as well.

[TTP]
Beta Tester
22 posts
4,338 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Sounds like a player problem.

Got better results with non AA skilled ships vs equal tiered CV.

How can it possibly be? I don't even have to select which planes to shoot at any more. 

The Texas used to be able to shred T7 planes, and now it struggling against T4? 

Get your head out of your oriface. 

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
9 minutes ago, FatAndAngry said:

i know - in 2-3 weeks number of CV will drop by 80%

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
8,521 posts
15,726 battles
17 minutes ago, FatAndAngry said:

I don't doubt this for a second, but I'm a paying customer and I'm entitled to express my opinion. 

Maybe you should have a look. Not even a full AA build. And I am not THAT good. There's 2 T6 CVs and in a T7 game. 

Oh, and yes we killed one CV, and I was capping their base in possible the slowest ship after IJN Mikasa... :Smile_trollface:

shot-19_02.01_00_32.35-0110.thumb.jpg.d6f305cb34c9b152d028741cce364459.jpgshot-19_02.01_00_31.44-0691.thumb.jpg.0d3c9079d4c92751d19b4cf497f6bc96.jpg

20190201_000955_PASB705-Texas-1944_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, FatAndAngry said:

How can it possibly be? I don't even have to select which planes to shoot at any more. 

The Texas used to be able to shred T7 planes, and now it struggling against T4? 

Get your head out of your oriface. 

pres O - choose sector...your DPS increase 25-50%

• Boring 1

[TTP]
Beta Tester
22 posts
4,338 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Oh wow... If only I'd tried that. 

😂

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,028 posts
4,350 battles
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Is that the letter O, or the number zero? (Seriously!)

[KLUNJ]
Players
2,866 posts
55 minutes ago, FatAndAngry said:

What a drama queen.....your average damage in a Texas is 43k....in the battle you are crying about you did 71k .... but you lost......pathetic whiner. :Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1