Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SDGsteve

Oak or Willow ? New Changes

16 comments in this topic

[XFS]
Players
206 posts
17,618 battles

“The oak is the strongest tree in the forest, but the willow bends and adapts. When the fires and storms hit, it is the willow that survives.”  

I'm a firm believer Willow adapt looking at the forums we got a lot of Oaks about strong be not willing to change so make it harder to survive people haven't given it enough time :cap_wander:

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, SDGsteve said:

“The oak is the strongest tree in the forest, but the willow bends and adapts. When the fires and storms hit, it is the willow that survives.”  

I'm a firm believer Willow adapt looking at the forums we got a lot of Oaks about strong be not willing to change so make it harder to survive people haven't given it enough time :cap_wander:

Oaks (in most cases) = 43% WR, 800 PR guys who blame everything about their failure except them...just random pick "cryers" and you will find them your Okes.

btw good metaphor. very good.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,742 posts
10,363 battles

Are you new? This is "Da Wey" the forum works. WG changes crap, we discuss (read: moan) about it and keep on moaning until there is something new to moan about. Circle of life. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,780 posts
6,703 battles
5 minutes ago, SDGsteve said:

Being able to adapt and seeing that something is bad for the game are two completely different things.

I have adapted by not playing dds and just sticking to the blob with my cruisers and battleships. Ive managed to have some good games and decent wr like this, that doesnt mean that its good for the game, or even enjoyable for me...

• Cool 4

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles
28 minutes ago, SDGsteve said:

motivationdemotivator.jpeg.f3f254ad735bfcda049710e6284f39cb.jpeg

Ah, yes. The inane inspirational quote. A classical response from people with little analytical sense.

And sure, as a philosophy it sounds good on the surface, until you actually take the time to think it through and realize the implications of following it in other, more complex aspects of life than interactive entertainment. Getting harassed at work? "Bend and adapt". Sexual assault? "Bend and adapt"... yeah, it doesn't sound quite as inspirational now, does it?

And can I just point out that going "you know what, this game isn't fun anymore, I'll play something else instead" is a perfectly "willow-y" response to game-breaking changes? It is, however, one that isn't very conducive to WG's financial future.

• Cool 7

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
44 minutes ago, SDGsteve said:

Oak was often seen as the best wood to make warships from back when warships were made out of wood. The appearance of steel ships made oak ships quite obsolete. I wonder if there's anything to take from that.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

Oak was often seen as the best wood to make warships from back when warships were made out of wood. The appearance of steel ships made oak ships quite obsolete. I wonder if there's anything to take from that.

it seams back in those days there were no forums on whoom Oak could cry and stop the invention of steel

Beta Tester
3,298 posts
3,848 battles

"And when Oak had finished arguing with Willow, he went home to find Kudzu in bed with his wife."

Sorry. Motivational sayings just bring out the worst in me. Great thread! :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Players
1,678 posts
13,806 battles

If life WeeGee gives you lemons, enjoy them and be grateful it's not a CV rework like this one.

I may have been quite silent about this in the forum but I am probably one of the larger oaks here. It's not like I complain about the game balance, I simply hate the whole rework per se and everything within it.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
859 posts
10,127 battles

Phew!

For a moment I thought the thread title was a heads' up that WG were introducing yet more in-game currencies....

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles
13 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Is this thread about a willow bending over and taking it?

:Smile_amazed:

Well, I can't deny that the thought of Willow (of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame) bending over had a definite appeal in my younger days...

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,867 posts
21,657 battles
4 hours ago, SDGsteve said:

Let me quote you a mission statement of a forestry service:

The mission of the Division of Forestry is to protect Florida and its people from the dangers of wildland fire and manage the forest resources through a stewardship ethic to assure they are available for future generations

It's WG's duty not to screw up and cause fires, it's their job to keep the customers as the proverbial trees safe. They've been doing it badly.

Sign in to follow this