Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Castor_Tyndarides

WG, give Asashio a chance!

7 comments in this topic

Players
19 posts

So, little preface here - I'm a very casual player, around 100 games so far, so I'm not speaking from my high horse or something  - I mostly play for fun, so coop and scenarios, but sometimes I wander into Random for the increased rewards (exp, capt. exp and coinz).
Yesterday I play an exemplar match, which condensate in one all the problems that imho Asashio has accumulated since its release, as the opponent team was:

Midway
Yamato
Yamato
Des Moines
Worcester
Worcester
Moskva
Hindenburg
Daring
Gearing
Shima
Lighting (or Cossack, don't really remember but was a T8 RN DD)

So, in order:
    - Uptiered really bad, all T10 excluding for a same tier RN DD
    - Only 3 possible torp targets:
        Midway, which was border hugging the whole time, and would've taken me 15 min to get in range to torp
        Yamatos, which unfortunately is the ship with the highest torp damage reduction in the game
    - 4 Radar Cruisers (so your mighty 5.4 km detection range gets reeeally useful)
    - DDs which can blap you any time
    - CV permaspotting me + this guy probably had a hard-on for killing DDs, 'cuz he wouldn't leave me alone (but Asashio's MIGHTY AA saved the day!)

Basically your torps are almost useless, as CV was out of range most of the times and Yamatos took half the game to be visible, caps were always radared, planes were trying to kill me all the time - my smoke was effective as pissing of a fire.
+ WG is in the next patch increasing radar range and decreasing flooding damage - marvelous.

Asashio was a one trick pony from the beginning, but now it has been thoroughly mauled, and expected to be put out of misery with upcoming 8.1.

So, WG, given that matchmaking is always gonna be skewed, my torps won't be able to damage almost always 3/4 of the opponents, and my smoke is just a cosmetic attachment, PLEASE, just PLEASE, buff a bit the guns.

Just a bit, so at least I can try to knife fight for a cap and give some kind of contribution to my team, 'cuz right now I'm feeling like farmable damage floating around. FFS, Worcester and DM have lower reloads on mains ands are cuisers, like hell imma rush a cap or spot for my team, i'm going to revert to the unsavory 20km away torp spam.

sorry for the rant, but this little black pearl (I got the B vers. from a single lucky container) has been my most effective (and fun) ship to play so far and I really hate seeing it so screwed

tl;dr - WG, please buff the guns!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,505 posts
16,036 battles

If you buff the guns in a meaningful way, it will be OP in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing. 

Some comfort-buff like a little gun traverse should be ok though. 

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

If it wasn't against WG's policy, I'd just change the torps to something non-retarded altogether, like 10 km normal DWT (maybe reduce damage to T7 level, to avoid OPness) and smoke/TRB in same slot. But hey, you buy a ship that relies on MM, you should've seen it coming that sooner or later, such a battle will occur.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles

Other than the sudden proliferation of CVs after the rework, isn't it basically the problem Asashio faces pretty much... always? I mean, she's a ship that relies on there being targets for her torps. Matches with few BBs are always a pain.

And as for the rework - Asashio might actually end up being a beneficent of that one, because

- if there will be common CV presence, DDs will probably remain slightly less prevalent and the pressure on existing DDs for fast point capture will be lower (so Asashio can farm damage without failing as a DD so hard)

- planes (both from CV and otherwise) no longer spot torps AND there would likely be less DDs, as mentioned: meaning more torps reaching their targets

- Asashio (unlike most DDs) has the torp range to keep using torps without getting too far from the main fleet, making it more viable than for most her peers to just stick relatively close to the big guys and run for cover when problems arise. CVs don't like hunting DDs that hide among bigger ships - rockets are pretty fragile and DDs are spotted late, so more time is needed to set up even the first attack (unless you know where the DD is beforehand, you are often unable to make an attack in the first fly-by).

[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles

Ahashio is one of those black and white ships, either you love it or you hate it, also you either do 30k or 150k damage depends what mm you get...

Sign in to follow this