You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

[POLL] how many CV should be allowed per battle ?

How many CV should be allowed per battle ?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How many CV should be allowed per battle ?

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,133 posts
18,884 battles

Right now there seem to be people who enjoy the rework and people who hate it.

Reasons for hating it seem to be mostly connected to the number of planes in a battle, resulting in perma-spotting etc.

So I was wondering if a limit of 1 CV per battle could be a good compromise, still allowing some stealth-gameplay...

But maybe you feel differently. Would be nice to find out.

Maybe we can use this POLL to express our opinion to WG.

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

1 CV max or there will be too much herassment, and CV arent perticularly strong right now ( low damage ) so it weakens a team also.

Being able to lauch planes without pause is a little bit too much from 2 CV, let alone more. And at the same time they deal appalling low damage, most damage probably comes form continuous spotting that is felt like herassment.

Players
209 posts

For me it's max 2.

The only thing  i'm afraid of it's that it will be always 2CV in the game. Like now you see practically always 5 BBs in each team. I do think WOWs will go in to a meta of always 5 BBs + 2Cvs in each team. I would like more variety in team build ups.  

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,647 posts
9,813 battles

I would say one in the long term because right now concelement became pretty much a useless factor for the ships.

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
2,835 posts
9,534 battles
30 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Right now there seem to be people who enjoy the rework and people who hate it.

Reasons for hating it seem to be mostly connected to the number of planes in a battle, resulting in perma-spotting etc.

So I was wondering if a limit of 1 CV per battle could be a good compromise, still allowing some stealth-gameplay...

But maybe you feel differently. Would be nice to find out.

Maybe we can use this POLL to express our opinion to WG.

0 is a nice round number but if we gotta have them then 1 is enough

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[AWG]
Beta Tester
278 posts
7,102 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

0 is a nice round number but if we gotta have them then 1 is enough

This ^^^^^

• Cool 2

[72]
Beta Tester
453 posts
14,827 battles

Personally a reasonable change in my humble opinion would be to slightly reduce the air spotting of DDs and limit CVs to 1 per battle, unless they plan to reduce the air speed of planes and increase the time they take to get air borne.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
1,135 posts
5,963 battles

Voted for a maximum of 2, fully expect the fuss to die down after a few days once everyone's tried the new CVs and we'll be back to 0 or 1 in the majority of battles. Saying there's too many the day after a patch that delivered completely different gameplay is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

• Cool 1

Players
850 posts
14 minutes ago, mikelight1805 said:

Personally a reasonable change in my humble opinion would be to slightly reduce the air spotting of DDs and limit CVs to 1 per battle, unless they plan to reduce the air speed of planes and increase the time they take to get air borne.

I agree with the air spotting buff for DDs, they have it pretty hard now (especially torp dds that needs concealment)

Beta Tester
4,133 posts
18,884 battles
16 minutes ago, Strappster said:

Voted for a maximum of 2, fully expect the fuss to die down after a few days once everyone's tried the new CVs and we'll be back to 0 or 1 in the majority of battles. Saying there's too many the day after a patch that delivered completely different gameplay is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

20-km-Shima is the most played DD in the game. The reason for that is obviously, that a lot of people like to feel safe while trying to inflict damage to others.

New CVs offer exactly that. So I don't expect the numbers to go down that drastically. But we shall see... 

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles

right now? imho the softcap 2 / hardcap 3 they have in place is straight up necessary considering the sheer number of CVs in queue.

Later, once numbers have settled down (and some more balancing has happened)? I would guess that softcap 1 / hardcap 2 would be okay.

Hard to reflect that in the poll, so I voted for 2 :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
5,198 posts
24,777 battles
1 minute ago, Asakka said:

Bacon option is missing too

True. 

Also the sprouts option is missing as well. 

Players
12 posts
8,806 battles

Wargames have totally mucked this up. CV players are a minority, yet the impact due to their perma-spotting and relative invulnerability as they just sit miles away out of danger is so OP it is ridiculous. I like playing cruisers and DD's... and now I can't move or am always looking at the minimap for the damn planes to see if I can get in cover before I am spotted... and then when I do I get bomber or rocketed. Do the designers actually play their own game or even listen to the elite players who they get to test it.

1 CV max or you will start haemorrhaging players.

I don't play a game to make me angry... and that is what WG are now making happen. It is supposed to be fun... do WG allow that any more?

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
1,208 posts
8,383 battles
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

The <none > option is missing. 

And 0 is different to "none" in what way? 

I voted for 2. CVs do way less dmg than before, in the old days there were at least 4/5 squadrons in the air at once too and were fully controllable while spotting instead of flying in a straight line back to the ship and we are 1 day past the CV reeork. Let the dust setyle down first before making rash decisions.

[OGHF]
Players
2,038 posts
33,699 battles

1, reason, played 2 games in random last night, lost mainly due to our BB running for the edges of the map :cap_wander_2:

Beta Tester
4,133 posts
18,884 battles
5 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

And 0 is different to "none" in what way? 

It wasn't even "0". First option was "None" the whole time. :Smile_teethhappy:

I guess he just assumed, there would be no "none"... :Smile_bajan2:

[WCWVE]
Players
1,113 posts
19,363 battles

A hard maximum of 1 CV per team per battle for all tiers

• Cool 1