You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Captain Reset Information

8 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,961 battles

Captains,

As you know there is currently a 100% discount on Captain retraining, skill resetting and upgrade dismounting to enable you to experiment and adapt to the new skills and changes to the meta, that the CV rework brought.

We have heard a lot of feedback from you that this period of free resets is not sufficient considering the scope of changes and potential upcoming balance tweaks.

We agree and I am happy to announce that we will be providing another 1-week period of free reset approximately in 2 months, around the release of 0.8.2.

• Cool 13
  • Bad 1

[NOTX]
Players
24 posts
16,778 battles
10 hours ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

As you know there is currently a 100% discount on Captain retraining, skill resetting and upgrade dismounting to enable you to experiment and adapt to the new skills and changes to the meta, that the CV rework brought.

We have heard a lot of feedback from you that this period of free resets is not sufficient considering the scope of changes and potential upcoming balance tweaks.

We agree and I am happy to announce that we will be providing another 1-week period of free reset approximately in 2 months, around the release of 0.8.2.

well tx for nothing, you introduce a whole new game we need to explore and understand in one week for many many ships. i have about 30 ships above teir 5 (might be more) and you expect me to do that in the upcomming week and adept in two months time again.

now maybe, just maybe i could do that BUT YOU PLUNGED US INTO RANKED.

i seriously doubt you do think things over, its complete and utter bs, there is just no other way for me to tell you.

i need steel because you decided to go in overdrive with ships, if you want to be competitive in this game you need coal or steel ships . 

you have thrown balance in the bin, give us some old cookies and expect us to be happy.

i cant speak for all, i know, i do tell you we the playerbase are not happy at all.

go play your own game and ask in the chat box, JUST ASK.

send all clan leader this question how their clan feels, get some real info and i bet the answer will be; NOT HAPPY

• Cool 1

Players
1,763 posts
9,421 battles
17 hours ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

Lets be honest for a moment @MrConway this has all been a bit of a cop-out if you ask me.

You have such a large player base here that spend a lot of money on this game, which in turn pays your salaries. Thus in a way War Gaming should be held accountable for the actions that have lead to the way this game has been developed, going completely against the grain of the original beta game that was launched in 2015 and without any kind of approval first being sought from the gaming community that play the game. The game that exists in 0.8.0 is not the game people signed up for.

So when I see things like the above as a gesture of "good will", to me its insulting. In fact I find it offensive that you would even post something like that, because no one asked for these changes in the first place.

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
4,622 posts

Since I dont have the time to adapt (play & test all my ships) I will just leave all my captains despecced and I just wont play them. I will only specc one or two ships that I currently play and thats it. 

I think you should give "free respec weekends" untill the rework is complete.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
114 posts
6,057 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 11:00 AM, MrConway said:

Captains,

Thank you!

[PRFUN]
Players
3 posts
549 battles

Looks liek I missed that, what a shitty practice trying to make me spent doubloons, guess what, I'm not going to do it...

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,742 posts
14,306 battles
4 hours ago, i_rocco said:

Looks liek I missed that, what a shitty practice trying to make me spent doubloons, guess what, I'm not going to do it...

This thread is over 2 years old my friend.

17 pages of people with a similar sentiment regarding the commander rework here;