Sign in to follow this  
veslingr

Tiny Tim vs HVAR

16 comments in this topic

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
468 battles

did anybody tested, which ones are better? or wich one is better for what purpose?

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,911 posts
7,324 battles

I'm going full HVAR.

Basically Tiny Tim penetrates 32mm armor so it helps farming BBs. But since you launch only a handful of rockets, it's a bit like an additional bomb drop, and is not great against DDs.

HVAR is better for harassing everything, and DD in particular. You launch a lot of small rockets in a small area and try to get some fire, AA, and modules.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,552 posts
17,807 battles

HVAR = master race

TiTs are for harassing BBs but you have DBs for that.

• Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
683 posts
11,741 battles

All you heathens will come around someday, and learn of the gloriousness of Tiny Tim.

Deliverer of hope, dispenser of high-explosive love and rainbows.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,131 posts
8,367 battles

I feel tactically crippled with the Tiny Tims, because it becomes so difficult to counter DD's. I can stack fires on BB's with HVARs too, so they feel like the multi-purpose tool.

• Cool 2

[VETS]
Beta Tester
217 posts
16,155 battles

you can snipe hard with tiny tim but situational ,you can completely miss in the heat of fire  ,with HVAR you will do some damage anyways .I think overall DPS is more with HVAR .

[-SOG-]
Players
378 posts
7,442 battles

Have the attack plane nerf in 0.8.0.3 patch made anyone change their mind of HVAR vs Tiny Tims now when the time of hunting DDs with rocketspam has been tweaked to favour the DD? 

Players
8,521 posts
9,972 battles

TiTs seems to have escaped nerfhammer, as HVARs have now white crosshair (ready to strike) 4km away, which doesn't compute well with average DD concealment.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,552 posts
17,807 battles

Since using DBs against DDs is now more effective TiTs can be used as fire starters on capital ships, thus present a viable alternative to HVARs. However HVARs still strike me as more effective against most cruisers.

Use according to personal preference I'd say.

• Bad 1

[-SOG-]
Players
378 posts
7,442 battles
On 2/23/2019 at 3:34 PM, Panocek said:

TiTs seems to have escaped nerfhammer, as HVARs have now white crosshair (ready to strike) 4km away, which doesn't compute well with average DD concealment.

You mean there are different drop patterns and timers for TiTs vs HVAR? 

Players
8,521 posts
9,972 battles
8 minutes ago, affie said:

You mean there are different drop patterns and timers for TiTs vs HVAR? 

TiTs and HVARs always had different drop patterns

Spoiler

shot-19-02-24-16-39-32-0393.jpg

shot-19-02-24-16-40-14-0415.jpg

shot-19-02-24-16-43-21-0005.jpg

shot-19-02-24-16-44-21-0940.jpg

On 2/23/2019 at 4:24 PM, El2aZeR said:

Since using DBs against DDs is now more effective TiTs can be used as fire starters on capital ships, thus present a viable alternative to HVARs. However HVARs still strike me as more effective against most cruisers.

Use according to personal preference I'd say.

Damage TiTs can deal also can be surprisingly high, provided you don't land half the rockets on AA/secondaries/whatever for 0dmg, making them sort of alternative for DB and certainly able to bugger off after attack

[THESO]
Players
523 posts
9,786 battles

Sorry for necro, although on this sub-forum you only need to go to second page to do that...  I'm not sure if there's been a balancing move regarding HVAR versus Tiny Tim since the previous message in late February.

In any case, I've returned to Lexington for the first time in many months. I experimented with Tiny Tims for about 15 games, and I'm simply not convinced about them. Yes, they hit cruisers and and battleships harder, but I have torpedoes and dive bombers for punishing them. Against DD's HVAR's are not only better than Tiny Tims, but they're also better than anything else I have available.

Am I missing something? For pure damage farming Tiny Tims, but for winning games I don't think so?

(This is strictly about Lex -- Midway might be a very different story with its epic dive bombers)

Players
63 posts
7,632 battles

I'm starting to have trouble with hvar atm, dd players learned that going bow on against most of US rocket planes make you almost immune to damages. I like tits on the midway for that.

[-SOG-]
Players
378 posts
7,442 battles

I have gathered 140k exp + all modules on Lexington now and must say I am I love with the tiny tims. 

Their aim time is so much better than HVARs meaning go get away with tighter turns and against DDs I use DB any way so better with wider range of targets for my rockets. 

[SB]
Players
117 posts
1,585 battles

I have no idea why people find the HVAR's more useful - sure, aiming with the Tiny Tims is harder, but the damage scales disproportionally with your own accuracy. A fully aimed strike on a DD appears to hit a lot harder than one with HVAR's, and they give me a whole extra plane group available if I need to strike a different class and my other bombers are for some reason preoccupied.

Sign in to follow this