Taricate

How to kill a game with just one "update" ... powered by Wargaming !

35 comments in this topic

[BG681]
[BG681]
Players
17 posts

After nearly 4 (FOUR) years playing WoWS - today may be my last day in the game. Thank you Wargaming !

That's all i would say ! And thanks for the free time you gave me from now on :) I will enjoy every moment away from WG's *crap* games.

No other studio can ruin their products that way you did it !

Edited by Taricate
*bug in forums (but it is usual )
  • Cool 16
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[DD537]
[DD537]
Players
27 posts
11,031 battles

I wonder rather cover my baws in sheeps blood and t-bag a shark than play the game now as it is in its current state. you have to be a complete masochist to derive any enjoyment from this retarded patch.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
253 posts
12,209 battles

The whole gaming industry is going full retard, look at bethesda, activision, ea and so on ...

I really don't get it, WG had an actually good game here, they were also not that greedy as in wot. I can't understand. They messed it up so badly that yesterday I played bf5 (another piece of crap game, luckily I got it for free).

I blame the players too. Just look at the comments since yesterday, when someone complains, he is met immediately with some comment like "bye", "not sure if trolling.."

Luckily, I stil have pve and tiers 1-3 for fun. I was stupid enough to buy 1 year of premium in december, it will help with grinding in pve, lol. I did it because I felt they were deserving my money. But that is all, no more money from me, for sure. It takes time to build trust, and one can piss it away so easily...

• Cool 11

Players
103 posts
11,715 battles

There is ONE SINGLE way of making WG understand that they have to undo this Patch;  do not play WoWs.

I have not played a single game since this patch. I dont like World of Warplanes in WoWs.

Stop whining, just dont play anymore. Its the only way to make them understand. As long as the playernumbers and amount of games played stay the same this patch will stay.

• Cool 7

[BG681]
[BG681]
Players
17 posts

Some days later - game sux even more ...I, personally decided to play ranked only (old playstyle). No more WoWS for me if they don't fix it.

22 days left...

• Cool 3

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts

Todays playerbase count at 20:42 is 31 296 players online.

• Cool 1

Players
2,447 posts
7 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

But playing what exactly?

I wonder how many were playing coop, ranked or the missions that don't have Carriers.. I haven't played a random game since I tried my Kidd...

I know of other players who have stopped playing or only play ranked games..

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
4,252 battles
36 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

Kind of meaningless, might as well pull a number out of a hat.

The only statistics which will matter is average players online before vs after this patch in random battles, and what ships are being used in random battles. I fully expect numbers to tank in randoms and with DDs used if glaring problems with gameplay aren't fixed ASAP. Looking at the hotfix coming soon, WG are flat out denying problems with DDs being perma spotted and shat on by CVs 30 seconds into game start. Never mind the whole concealment being pointless or unreliable at best for CAs and a lot of BBs as well, with CVs present.

[TSR]
Players
116 posts

Agree with the perma spotting , i was in a battle with the Cossack DD and was killed after 10 mins without being able to fire a single torpedo !! 

[OCTO]
Players
1,234 posts
28,591 battles
7 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It feels like World of Warships got killed more than a new player after playing Dark Souls.

No, but I bet you that many people are avoiding Randoms and playing "auxilary" modes. I am happily sealclubbing atm at T II. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts
10 hours ago, Nazgarth said:

Kind of meaningless, might as well pull a number out of a hat.

The only statistics which will matter is average players online before vs after this patch in random battles, and what ships are being used in random battles. I fully expect numbers to tank in randoms and with DDs used if glaring problems with gameplay aren't fixed ASAP. Looking at the hotfix coming soon, WG are flat out denying problems with DDs being perma spotted and shat on by CVs 30 seconds into game start. Never mind the whole concealment being pointless or unreliable at best for CAs and a lot of BBs as well, with CVs present.

Players aren't going Down. That's the point. Let them fix it. If they don't. Then I'll completely agree With the guys who moan, and I'll do as I did to wot.

10 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

But playing what exactly?

I wonder how many were playing coop, ranked or the missions that don't have Carriers.. I haven't played a random game since I tried my Kidd...

I know of other players who have stopped playing or only play ranked games..

Stuff they played before the patch.

My point is that everyone is so doom and gloom. Game is dying etc etc etc. Yet it isn't. That's my point.

Yes, I do not like the CV rework. Yes, I'd like AA to be tweeked and changed a bit more.

But give them time to tune it more. And yes, they should have done it before they released the patch. We all agree on that.

But give them a few updates to see if they can fix it.....if not....

[OCTO]
Players
1,234 posts
28,591 battles

Players aren't going Down. That's the point. Let them fix it. If they don't. Then I'll completely agree With the guys who moan, and I'll do as I did to wot.

Stuff they played before the patch.

My point is that everyone is so doom and gloom. Game is dying etc etc etc. Yet it isn't. That's my point.

Yes, I do not like the CV rework. Yes, I'd like AA to be tweeked and changed a bit more.

But give them time to tune it more. And yes, they should have done it before they released the patch. We all agree on that.

But give them a few updates to see if they can fix it.....if not....

I tend to agree and I am one of the doom and gloom guys ;) 

That being said, I think instead of using us as a guinea pigs, they should polish the CV concept before they have released it.

There are glaring design flaws that they have been warned over and over from beta to PTS tests. Yet, they choose to inflict it.

Game was in a good shape before the release and there was no reason to rush it. 

• Cool 4

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

I tend to agree and I am one of the doom and gloom guys ;) 

That being said, I think instead of using us as a guinea pigs, they should polish the CV concept before they have released it.

There are glaring design flaws that they have been warned over and over from beta to PTS tests. Yet, they choose to inflict it.

Game was in a good shape before the release and there was no reason to rush it. 

We do not disagree, mate. Not at all.

I was there regarding wot. I left that game for a number of different reasons related to what they did With the game.

I will leave wows in a heartbeat if they move in the same direction here. But for now I'll just wait and see what becomes With this revork.

What changes they will do in the Next few patches. 

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,234 posts
28,591 battles

We do not disagree, mate. Not at all.

I was there regarding wot. I left that game for a number of different reasons related to what they did With the game.

I will leave wows in a heartbeat if they move in the same direction here. But for now I'll just wait and see what becomes With this revork.

What changes they will do in the Next few patches. 

If you read the hotfix patch notes, it is just tweaking. My concern is that they are putting a lipstick on a pig and waiting for shitstorm to stop, without addressing design problems.

End result, gameplay stays static and boring. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles

I have invested a shitload of money into premium ships, tech tree premium cammos, containers, events and premium account

Will for sure think twice before opening my wallet again

Feels like a scam at the moment

Ty WG for ruining the best game I seen in my over 30 years of gaming 

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
23 posts
8,068 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, RigorMortis76 said:

There is ONE SINGLE way of making WG understand that they have to undo this Patch;  do not play WoWs.

I have not played a single game since this patch. I dont like World of Warplanes in WoWs.

Stop whining, just dont play anymore. Its the only way to make them understand. As long as the playernumbers and amount of games played stay the same this patch will stay.

Play it by all means.

Just play free version and not premium.

Dont spend a single daim on anything ingame, just play it for free. And ill bet alot of those online players are doing just that. I have never seen so many ships without flags and camo as i do right now.

Coinsidence ? maybee, but my wallet is closed until i see a point in spending money on the game again.

• Cool 1

Players
2,447 posts
33 minutes ago, mkdanmark said:

Play it by all means.

Just play free version and not premium.

Dont spend a single daim on anything ingame, just play it for free. And ill bet alot of those online players are doing just that. I have never seen so many ships without flags and camo as i do right now.

Coinsidence ? maybee, but my wallet is closed until i see a point in spending money on the game again.

Exactly what I and 15 other players are doing... WG you may have 30,000 players online playing this rework but without your core premium players who give you coin.... you're kind of in trouble.

Players
3,029 posts

I found the change shocking at first. I mostly play dds and bbs but still havent reached t9 mostly cuz i explored the lines and ships. Then i kinda found a rhythm and managed to have a bit of fun but the last day was brutal again. What happened is the CV players started to figure out how to break the simple solutions the players used and the games are just not enjoyable. I sold my dds and kept only some bbs which though are not performing at all, maybe one game in 8 or ten. What i mean is, if you are focused by a couple of cvs your game is over, very fast. A min ? maybe two.

Dodge, dodge, hit.

Heal, dodge, hit - perma fire, perma flood.

ded...

There's nothing you can do really, its not skill only i find since most players have problems. You just dont have the tools and the AA thing is not working on a good player as he switches side faster than you can reposition and try do that when you are in the mid of battle with a yamato sniper. Maybe if uptiered was less like one level, or this patch they are making, cuz i cant believe their intention was to alienate the players. 

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
8,696 battles

Hallo WoW's Staff!

The Game WAS nice and fun to play.

Then, your last Update 0.8.0 appeared: and made the Game HORRIBLE; repeat: HORRIBLE (yes, Capital letters!) now!

It's just a complete mess: instead of playing, we have to dodge, and dodge, and dodge, torpedoes coming from surreal directions, since the Planes unload them without any logic. The AA is just a toy for silly kids.

BBs players stay well away from the Battle zone to avoid to be hit in a few minutes by wandering torpedoes, DDs are sunk in a blink of the eye, no one is playing for a Team oriented logic anymore, since everyone is busy to just survive the mess.

My personal opinion is that this Update of yours should be totally erased: no fixing, or rework, please. Take it off. It's totally absurd, silly, unrealistic, useless, and crap!

From now on, I will NOT spend any single penny on new ships or whatever: this current Game status is simply un-enjoyable, and I will limit myself to Ranked Battles only. But perhaps I'll just leave and look for a better Game ...

There's no fun at all with this stupid update, anymore.

A real pity, since the game WAS nice. And the time your developers have spent on this ... it was a sad waste of time. No developer could be proud of this kiddy result. No one.

You've ruined the logic of a Game; it's not a Game anymore; it's just a silly mess for silly kids.

Greetings, ...

• Cool 6

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
132 posts
12,190 battles

How to kill a game with just one "update" ... powered by Wargaming !

Step 1. hire a developer from World of Warplanes to implement new carriers

step 2. Lose your focus on ships and the gameplay  as a game developer in World of Warships, and only test on : bots: in the PTS servers, because you are too lazy to set up a proper PVP randoms test environment humans vs. humans.

step 3. go fiddle with carriers Warplanes -style, as in that kiddy game that no one playes because of the utter simplicity and repetitiveness.

step 4. forget there are human players with emotions  in the ships that the new carriers target.

step 5. do not listen to any feedback before launching it on the live server.

step 6. use paying customers as unpaid alfa/beta testers.

step7, "damage control" with tweaks and buffs and nerfs left and right, sledgehammer style (premium ships not excluded !)

BINGO

• Cool 9

[RO-RN]
Players
22 posts
19,405 battles

Well, it's not the case to take this frustration to higher levels. More important is to convince the developers why they should listen to us.

For me, personally, I payed for items in game, mostly because I enjoyed the game and I thought that the devs are worth paying.

Now, with this update, I am not enjoying the game anymore so this is my decision:

- stop playing DDs since they are useless now

- stop buying ANYTHING in the game since this update showed me that this game can change at any time drastically and be no more fun (REALLY, these CVs killed all the fun I had in this game)

- I will start thinking of putting more money into this game ONLY when they will show that they truly care about what we feel about the game

Maybe, when they will see that their income is directly related to our excitement of the game play they will listen more carefully to us.

• Cool 2

Players
2,447 posts

@Reavermann WG had all the opportunity to listen before they launched this, this...whatever this is and the hatred for this is not just limited to the English speaking forum.

Using premium players as Guinea Pigs is insane, players are not paying money for an unfinished product.. we are not your testers. WG you had your testers and chose to ignore their advice...

I went through the other forums last night with my Google Translate for company for about an hour and the ripples of discontent are everywhere.. so much negativity about 8.0.

In the 2 ranked games I played still not one single positive comment about 8.0.

WG @MrConway you've seen IChase exploit the game, you've had such an overwhelming negative reaction from every forum going in every language you cater for and now how many players who have played this game with you for years are refusing to spend money on this game isn't it time for WG to say sorry and get rid of this crap.

Unless it is your aim is to have Carrier only games...because at the minute any other class is just Carrier fodder... this game is World Of Warships, supposedly.

WG here is a lesson in economics:

I will not pay any more to play not one single penny, 15 of my friends will not pay to play and we were all premium players... we 16 all buy our premium time monthly so for premium time alone you have lost £136.32 every month....that's correct your update has cost you at least this every month... add to that the ships, crates, gifts, Doubloons etc etc... and yes we are only 16 players but read the comments from all of your forums and how many other people are telling you "Their wallet is closed." It's going to sting your cashflow...

1491645682_STOPSTOP.png.2f25d4e40a2bea9e9bb446ebf73e91ef.png

WG you may have 30,000 players every night but how many premium paying players have you lost?

Free play doesn't give you any money and you need money...

• Cool 3