You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sark74

Bismarck Vs Hakuryu LOL!!!!.. :(

30 comments in this topic

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles

Just took out my Bismarck to get the secondary mission done.. i got matched against a T10 IJN CV.. I have the AA/Secondery Build on the Bismarck.. i didn't get to shoot 1 plane down, Yes i used the focus fire thing, still didnt help any!.. I got focused and raped by the Hakuryu i had absolutely no answer to his planes.. i got set of fire 3 times by a Worcester .. Damn Controlled.. and hide behind an island.. but this CV just focused and wrecked me.. So Great update!.. a T8 BB is now useless against a TX CV... .. What a fantastic re-balance you have done here!..  Its so good i didn't even last 5 mins.. 

I dont think I'll be playing much else than T10 until this rubbsih gets balanced.. 

InkedBullshit_LI.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
Just now, Sark74 said:

Just took out my Bismarck to get the secondary mission done.. i got matched against a T10 IJN CV.. I have the AA/Secondery Build on the Bismarck.. i didn't get to shoot 1 plane down, Yes i used the focus fire thing, still didnt help any!.. I got focused and raped by the Hakuryu i had absolutely no answer to his planes.. i got set of fire 3 times by a Worcester .. Damn Conned.. and hide .. but this CV just focused and wrecked me.. So Great update!.. a T8 BB is now useless against a TX CV... .. What a fantastic re-balance you have done here!..  Its so good i didn't even last 5 mins.. 

I dont think I'll be playing much else than T10 until this rubbsih gets balanced.. 

InkedBullshit_LI.jpg

You would be matched against Hakuryu before 0.8.0 and you would be butt fluffed just as fine.

• Cool 9

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles

2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You would be matched against Hakuryu before 0.8.0 and you would be butt fluffed just as fine.

i wouldn't have been wrecked in under 5 mins due to him having to restock his planes..  and i wouldn't taken a few of his planes down.. 

EDIT.. 

Now a t10 CV can just farm the T8's and not have to worry about anything.. how anyone at WG thought that was going to fun and engaging for the Bismarck capt is beyond me!..

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
275 posts
11,308 battles

*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82
edited due to naming and shaming.Please do not post the statistics of other players
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
4 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

i wouldn't have been wrecked in under 5 mins due to him having to restock his planes..  and i wouldn't taken a few of his planes down.. 

RTS CV player would bomb you to force DCP then follow up with torpedoes, which used to quite reliably trigger flooding. That was modus operandi. Now, its constant hounding, pestering and bothering.

Though reworked IJN CV are almost BB killers - AP bombs can reliably citadel battleships, torps deal tad more damage than USN, rockets are lacking to the extreme though.

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

RTS CV player would bomb you to force DCP then follow up with torpedoes, which used to quite reliably trigger flooding. That was modus operandi. Now, its constant hounding, pestering and bothering.

Now they just hit the x2 button you no longer get worked down over time.. you get [edited]raped in 5 mins there is literally no let up from it.. and i cant do anything about it.. i turned away to not ram an island.. I got absolutely trashed! no sooner had his torpedo bombers fucked me.. he was back almost instantly to kick me in again!. I really don't mind get wrecked.. but having no answer to him.. thats not fun!.. thats not engaging.. thats not for me!.. i previously had a game in my Conq.. shot down a few planes.. no complaints.. but at T8 Vs T10 .. you're just bullied to death.. 

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 12:09 AM, Sugertukas said:

*edited*

at what point did i say i was super unicum? .. i'll wait? and other than press O can i do anything about t10 plane with t8 AA .. 

.....still waiting!

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
2 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

at what point did i say i was super unicum? .. i'll wait? and other than press O can i do anything about t10 plane with t8 AA .. 

.....still waiting!

Use free respec and build Bismarck into AA, though as base ship is lacking in that department, you're unlikely to knock many tier 10 planes on your own.

On other hand AA cruisers are having field day:cap_popcorn:

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
275 posts
11,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

.....still waiting!

Obviously haven't met a lot of unicum hakuryu's before this patch. You wouldn't last any longer than now, beleave me.

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles
7 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

Obviously haven't met a lot of unicum hakuryu's before this patch. You wouldn't last any longer than now, beleave me.

whats your point? if you have 1 at all..Or you just trying to troll me?  I've played against CV's with 10m rating.. I use the app to see peoples stats.. but you can still shoot thier planes down.. cant now!.. T10 planes Vs T8 guns.. is a joke now!.. 

Still waiting btw.. poor attempt at a troll bruh!.. 

InkedCV_LI.jpg

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
33 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

a T8 BB is now useless against a TX CV...

Of course it is, and always was. CV is a counter to BB by game design, and you're facing one two tiers higher.

Even if CVs are overpowered, you're complaining about having run into an absolute worst case scenario.

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Use free respec and build Bismarck into AA, though as base ship is lacking in that department, you're unlikely to knock many tier 10 planes on your own.

On other hand AA cruisers are having field day:cap_popcorn:

i have BFT and AFT.. and flags.. (or what ever they're called now.. lol)  and i have 11.3km secondaries.. i think.. 

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
1 minute ago, Sark74 said:

i have BFT and AFT.. and flags.. (or what ever they're called now.. lol)  and i have 11.3km secondaries.. i think.. 

Are you just saying what your build is or do you think secondaries count as AA?

• Funny 1

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles
3 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

Of course it is, and always was. CV is a counter to BB by game design, and you're facing one two tiers higher.

Even if CVs are overpowered, you're complaining about having run into an absolute worst case scenario.

to counter yes!.. to absolutely dominate and crush unscathed in 4 mins 45s... that was their intention? might as well add nukes then lol

Players
205 posts
5,316 battles
10 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

those captain skills enhance both AA and secondaries.. no i don't think all secondaries are AA, 11.3km AA would be OP and CV's would justifiably be up in arms about that!.. but the talents work towards Both!.. hence that's what used to make the German line fun!.. until today!.. Hope that clears that up for you maybe i wasn't clear in previous posts? 

1.JPG

2.JPG

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
12,725 battles
55 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

Just took out my Bismarck to get the secondary mission done.. i got matched against a T10 IJN CV.. I have the AA/Secondery Build on the Bismarck.. i didn't get to shoot 1 plane down, Yes i used the focus fire thing, still didnt help any!.. I got focused and raped by the Hakuryu i had absolutely no answer to his planes.. i got set of fire 3 times by a Worcester .. Damn Controlled.. and hide behind an island.. but this CV just focused and wrecked me.. So Great update!.. a T8 BB is now useless against a TX CV... .. What a fantastic re-balance you have done here!..  Its so good i didn't even last 5 mins.. 

InkedBullshit_LI.jpg

ask for some air cover from friendly cv , ... oh wait nevermind :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
12 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

A secondary build is half an AA build and given AA mods and Manual AA got nerfed, a secondary build now should be closer to the best you could get out of the ship than it was prior to 8.0. 

And yes, the majority of the Bismarck's secondaries, which are the 105 cm DP guns are also AA guns.

19 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

Always was?

Spoiler

shot-18_07.28_00_06.46-0223.thumb.jpg.0d502b3ffde4bb0d6a23b217c1c79523.jpg

shot-18_12.21_15_28.19-0911.thumb.jpg.27558caaa4f1dbb2bf68de5e182b9ee3.jpg

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
1 hour ago, Sark74 said:

those captain skills enhance both AA and secondaries.. no i don't think all secondaries are AA, 11.3km AA would be OP and CV's would justifiably be up in arms about that!.. but the talents work towards Both!.. hence that's what used to make the German line fun!.. until today!.. Hope that clears that up for you maybe i wasn't clear in previous posts?

Oh yeah, don't worry, I just interpreted an implicit possibility in your last post (I'm sure someone out there thinks secondaries=AA) and it made me do a double take.

50 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

Always was?

Reveal hidden contents

shot-18_07.28_00_06.46-0223.thumb.jpg.0d502b3ffde4bb0d6a23b217c1c79523.jpg

shot-18_12.21_15_28.19-0911.thumb.jpg.27558caaa4f1dbb2bf68de5e182b9ee3.jpg

Cherry-picked battle results don't really say anything. Please talk aggregate statistics, probabilities not possibilities.

Edited by StringWitch

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

Cherry-picked battle results don't really say anything. Please talk aggregate statistics, probabilities not possibilities.

I mean, if you want to look at that.

Spoiler

1527855431_T6BBAA.thumb.png.c7fe64acc54b551fa55133e1a95b8a44.png

2051167579_T6CAAA.thumb.png.bed7301cfe93237745ff306fd93ab3b7.png

1018262395_T8BBAA.thumb.png.3ce9b7ccec162ece6b3b51281816f0ac.png

1069262080_T8CAAA.thumb.png.63d25a6ca3ed9a3f0c43733a34782d25.png

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
11 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

I mean, if you want to look at that.

Reveal hidden contents

1527855431_T6BBAA.thumb.png.c7fe64acc54b551fa55133e1a95b8a44.png

2051167579_T6CAAA.thumb.png.bed7301cfe93237745ff306fd93ab3b7.png

1018262395_T8BBAA.thumb.png.3ce9b7ccec162ece6b3b51281816f0ac.png

1069262080_T8CAAA.thumb.png.63d25a6ca3ed9a3f0c43733a34782d25.png

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Thanks for posting these for me, but is planes destroyed all we have?

Is it known how much % damage CVs typically do to the health pools of each ship class?

What class most CV deaths can be attributed to?

How long CV planes keep each class spotted for?

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,636 posts
13,611 battles
1 hour ago, StringWitch said:

CV is a counter to BB by game design

It wasn't and it isn't.

It countered DD's (and some other ship's) stealth and countered solo play. Not to mention "very speshul" weapons that devstruck cruisers left and right. I've very seldom seen a BB devstruck by a CV.

Now it counters not only DD stealth but DD's themselves.

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 minute ago, StringWitch said:

Thanks for posting these for me, but is planes destroyed all we have?

Is it known how much % damage CVs typically do to the health pools of each ship class?

What class most CV deaths can be attributed to?

How long CV planes keep each class spotted for?

AA kills at least demonstrate the efficiency of AA armament. In the other categories:

• What class is most resilient to damage?
  • What class is least affected by being spotted for prolonged periods of time?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
1 hour ago, Sark74 said:

Bismarck, alone, hidden behind an island? That sounds like a target for devastating strike, no restocking of planes necessary... And you were even set on fire by Worcester and forced to damage con just before - if the planes came right after that, the flooding would've killed you even if torp planes failed to alpha the remainder of your hp away. And then there are the dive bombers for preparation/follow up.

To put it simply, the situation you're describing doesn't really sound like something specific to the new patch - it's just that Bismarcks aren't very good against CVs two tiers higher. Especially right after having been showered in fire by a light cruiser two tiers higher.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
21 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

AA kills at least demonstrate the efficiency of AA armament. In the other categories:

• What class is most resilient to damage?
  • What class is least affected by being spotted for prolonged periods of time?

I see. It occured to me we are probably playing different games to some extent. I mostly stick to tiers 4-6; and your focus is mostly around 8-10, correct? At the middle tiers there appear to be more folks playing the game "as intended by the devs" you might say, and this is the basis for most of my experience, so I tend to be incredulous of the meta.

Players
218 posts
8,391 battles
3 hours ago, Sark74 said:

So you are going to punish WG by only playing t10. The most expensive tier. I am sure they are going to learn from that. If everyone spends a ton of money to get to t10 cause everything else is broken by this I am sure WG are going to learn a lesson... I think thats exactly what they want and why they have made the tier diff so large.

• Funny 1