Silver_Leviathan

Update 0.8.0? Major release, major fail?

Update 0.8.0? Major release, major fail?  

448 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new aircraft carriers in update 0.8.0?

• I like the new aircraft carriers.
    • I do not play with the aircraft carriers and with the other ships nothing has changed for me.
    • I do not like the new aircraft carriers, I prefer them as they were before.
    • The new aircraft carriers have damaged my gaming experience EVEN with other ships.

113 comments in this topic

[ARYA]
Players
639 posts
16,562 battles

The CV rework is not main issue . the reworked AA mechanics are so bad ,with that infinite planes at player's disposal . and no option to increase the range of AA guns if a cv wants to drop you there is not too much you can do about it. even changing AA sector is not easy thing while maneuvering to dodge drops . it is useless. there is no difference between AA cruisers like Des Moines and other non AA !

Second problem is the number of CVs . no one can hide from them 

• Cool 4

Players
19 posts
5,246 battles

WG team is too busy pushing their fake russian propaganda agenda (like only one BB they showcased actually sailed the seas the others are pure designs or imaginary works) they forgot about MM. Just played in t8 CA against 2 CVs. The game was so funny that 90% time I was fighting planes, not ships. People are abusing the rockets.

Either you narrow the MM to only ONE-tier gap (e.g., t9-10 or t 6-7 only) or you limit CV to only ONE or you create a tickbox like "I am a masochist and I want to play in a Jap CA against 4 CVs" (which I will never click, btw).

0.8 is a MAJOR FAIL

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

Players
82 posts
9,611 battles

Watched quite a bit of flambass playing on twitch but only played one game myself and that was enough for me, 2 x CV's in the game with limitless planes and AA doesn't work as well, not that it matters when you run out of defensive fire the CV still has just as many planes as it started the game with ( WTF ). It certainly looks like they've totally killed DD play also so well done wargaming you've outdone yourself. I won't be playing this game again until they fix this mess. Oh you can forget about getting any more money from me too wargaming...

• Cool 7

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
702 posts
2,272 battles

Played many games with three cvs per side. That's just too many. 

• Cool 1

[-FC-]
Players
340 posts
12,317 battles

Seems to have sucked all the fun out of the game for me at the moment.  Bit pissed off really.  Hopefully it will improve, but why bother playing for the next month while they try sort this crap out?

• Cool 8

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
32 posts
4,228 battles

I like the fact that CVs dont do the damage they used to...its more exciting and busy now  with so many aircraft in the air......BUT this situation is doing nothing good for DDs some of which seem to be spotted much of the time and there seems to have been nothing at all done about the arkansas beta with its ZERO AA which is kinda ridiculous especially now..People earned that ship for supporting wargaming in wows in its infancy and deserve some AA at least...Other large ships like the ichizuchi has had no AA buff. The missus went into a tier 9 game earlier and there was not a single DD in that game.Cvs to some (i dont play them)are deemed to be weaker than they were, but a couple of tier 4 Cvs managed to get 6 kills between them. If the DD class suffers as a result of all these aircraft managing to spot them in virtually every game, then WG are shooting themselves in the foot im afraid:(

I haven't voted because i i both like and dislike the situation(great plane and AA sounds now mind^^

Beta Tester
3 posts
15,520 battles

Till yesterday we had at least 2 DDs in each team in most games.On the 1st day of the patch-imagine what will happen next days-DDs are almost extinct.7 hrs of play today and  NO DDs at 95% of games.The fact that we MUST face not only one but TWO cancer ships now,automatically ended fun.WG really screwed up game.They managed with this patch to screw even CO-OP.Really.I entered just to check and bot team didnt even had a CV.No mirror MM no nothing
Im not sure they will do something to change that.Yesterday i'd believe that.Not today

• Cool 4

[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
103 posts
3,426 battles

I had 2 tier 8 carriers. I now have 1 million free xp. Waiting for Alaska. no more cv gameplay for me.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[HULK]
[HULK]
Beta Tester
28 posts
8,766 battles

I’m taking a break and the length of it will be determined. By how long it takes the game to return , to the game we all enjoyed far more before this utter mess of a patch went live. 

Though going on the track record of this team. If the way they’ve handled this patch is anything to go by, il be dead or a senile old man by the time it’s safe to return. 😂

• Cool 4

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
421 posts
12,965 battles

I have 2 issues;

1. A lot of ships have no short range AA for self defense i.e. USS Salem.

2. Okay why have the long range AA ranges been nerfed to hell?

US cruisers were known as AA ships in the game, this has now gone.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[FCAS]
Players
10 posts
7,724 battles

If their intention was to get more players into the CV game, it's gonna fail.

I've never played CV, but I got myself a Hosho and .... it's not fun. I have yet to try it in Random - I was going to practice in co-op a bit first ... but I've never lost as many matches in co-op as I do now. Especially since their idea of balancing the teams is to put one BB in for each CV in the player team.

The amount of damage you do is pitiful, the planes fly like drunk cows, and even 5 torp hits isn't enough to sink a cruiser.

And considering the grind needed to get to the next tier ... I don't see myself doing it. I don't think anyone who's interested in trying them is going to stay interested for very long.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
253 posts
12,209 battles
7 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

How do I get my year of Premium refunded? This is broken. As a DD main it simply fails to be fun.

I'm in the same position.  I doubt we will get a refund. I should have known better, but I thought that 8.0 can't be this bad. 

• Cool 6

Weekend Tester
173 posts
3,250 battles

Fyi, have not played, only watched gameplay.

As a primary CV player. I cannot see the appeal to this new change.

It would have been a great addition for other sunken players to get control over fighters, bomber, torps and have some fun while waiting for game to be over.

The thing that bothers me, is the arcade feel the game got now. The lack of tactical options with only 1 squadron. The missiles... (nonono) and the personal control over the planes. You are the captain, not a pilot.

The sounding of it, make you already know, you gotta park the cv in a corner and forget about it until you need another squadron.

I didnt like the straf shooting before, as it was too easy to kill so many planes.

The only good thing i can see atm, is more 3D view for cv players.

Maybe take some inspiration from battlestation midway/pacific and do it 100x better?

This update is best said with a video

• Cool 4

[BC28]
Beta Tester
1 post
425 battles

This update is the stupidest thing I've ever played. Langley was a dream to play even when things went south, now the entire aircraft control system is a complete crap show.
Wargaming please roll back this update! I'm not playing this crap and I don't think anyone else here is going to either.

• Cool 5

Players
5 posts
14,968 battles

I must say that this update has broken the DD game play for me.  Last dd game with 2 cvs and 4 radar ships on enemy team while playing DD seemed pointless. Near impossible to be any use to team, focused by cvs and CA as constantly detected.

Hope its fixed soon, love the game but as DD play is one of my favorite components of the game feel very disappointed with update. I known I can still play ranked but not the same for me.

Shame

FrTed

• Cool 7

Players
870 posts
10,339 battles
29 minutes ago, FrTed_Crilly said:

I must say that this update has broken the DD game play for me.  Last dd game with 2 cvs and 4 radar ships on enemy team while playing DD seemed pointless. Near impossible to be any use to team, focused by cvs and CA as constantly detected.

Hope its fixed soon, love the game but as DD play is one of my favorite components of the game feel very disappointed with update. I known I can still play ranked but not the same for me.

Shame

FrTed

Are you sure those planes were not faaaaar away Ted?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SUOLA]
Players
8 posts
18,354 battles

I'm fairly disappointed as well. Yesterday I played 11 games with an AA specced Grozo. I learned to use AA sectoring well enough and used DefAA as well.

The AA was good against T8 and potato CVs (e.g. 26 and 30 plane kills). However, when a skilled Midway repeatedly attacked me or flew by I got only a couple of plane kills in 10-15 mins of gameplay. I would guess that he avoided ALL my AA puffs. Also I couldn't stop his single squad from making three torp runs into a nearby NC (<2 km). I tried to support the NC with AA sectoring and DefAA. The NC sank even though I was so close to him that had to evade torps too.

While AA Grozo didn't fear planes that much the new CVs often prevented me from focusing to anything else properly. Being repeatedly spotted made surprise attacks (AP or torps) and stealth capping randomly difficult -- removing some tactical gameplay. Smoke often invited immediate and repeated plane torps or rockets.

Using AA sectoring constantly was a hassle (watch planes, flip sector and/or turn ship) and prevented me from focusing on more interesting gameplay.

For some reason the new update seemed to encourage camper gameplay from bigger ships. We have always had campers but i would say that the problem is definitely worse atm. I blame CVs that spot everyone and worse concealment?

For obvious reasons there were more than the usual amount of Montanas, Worcesters, DMs and Minos in T10 matches. That wasn't so bad for AA Grozo (14.8 km gun range), but didn't invite me to try Shima.

From 11 matches only 4-5 were enjoyable. Two of them didn't have CVs. As CVs get better I expect DDs to have even worse times.

• Cool 9

Players
98 posts
12,999 battles

At least the decorating is gonna be finished this year...........

Premium runs out in 4days, will i renew ? Not a chance in hell.

Got bored to tears with cruiser and BB play @ tier10 So decided to brush up on DD's now that has been totally fu@@ed up with 2 cv's and being constantly spotted and being bullied to death, as if dd's didn't have it hard enough with constant radar now we have planes that can travel the whole map in seconds and to add to the insult they now have rpf.

I've now made my mind up to say fu WG decorating seems far more appealing than wasting time and money on this abomination.

• Cool 9

Players
4 posts
979 battles

Hear hear! The update is catastrophic! I am playing destroyer. Before I was a sniper with limits (radar). Now I am just a sitting duck!

• Cool 5

Players
23 posts
165 battles

well yet again WG take it upon themselves to piss off the limited player base, WOWP player base was treated it the same way, now where is he?

the radar pretty much finished the DD game above T5 for me, it turned the game into? sit in the lobby, wait a while for a game, then wait until the starter clock ran down, keep out of the way of the rader, waiting for an opportunity to develop good or bad,  then in the latter half of the game, hopefully you may sink a ship or two, rinse and repeat!

so i binned this unbalanced god awefull game, had maybe 3 games/year, the advent of radar, stuffed the game, too much waiting involved, wasting my limited off time,, for what, a long wait? 

nobody wanted radar! most of the player base that did not want it, left!, not posting to WG as to why they left, just plain left, 

WG did not give a hoot!, don't worry lads you will get used to it, realy!!!, how are you supposed to get used to something, IF YOUR NOT HERE PLAYING?????

now the CV rework, bye, bye DD players, your not wanted or needed, dds got nerfed to death, now this pile of dung update, 

what are the leaving player base going to play next? who knows or cares, WG dont!

[V888]
Players
170 posts
21,831 battles

Both option 3 & 4, current patch destroyed both for standard and carriers, and I think a tweaked version of RTS CV version is better.

But we all know this game is going on consoles so there is no room for a mouse controlled game. Consoles rule and dictate the development and the PC player just have to accept this. :(

We knew what we had, but not what we would get, be careful what you wish for.