Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rosletyne

CV exchange questions

10 comments in this topic

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles

I have a couple questions about exchanging even tier CVs, and since the snowflake event ends today, one is kind of urgent.

First, is it possible to exchange CVs for free XP and credits even if they were not researched prior to the update? In practice, I would like to unlock Hakuryu and Midway mainly with free XP, collect their snowflakes, and then sell them. If I did that, would I get free XP back? If not, I won't bother, 200 steel is not worth it.

Second, I have the Halloween camos on both Shokaku and Lexington. If I exchanged those ships, I would apparently get back 5000 doubloons for each. I'm not quite sure how to feel about that. On one hand, I could buy premium camos back for them for 3000 doubloons each and keep the 2000 doubloons as profit, on the other hand the Halloween camos were won rather than bought, and if I understand right keeping them would increase my chances of getting other Halloween camos in the future. Is it somehow possible to exchange those ships, but keep the special camos for them?

Beta Tester
162 posts
10,461 battles

So you rather keep 2 useless/basic 50% camos than get 10k dooblons for them basically for free. I'm kinda mind boggled right now.

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

No you wont get free xp for carriers you research after 0.8.0 i found out the hard way.

:cap_wander_2: my own mistake for not reading twice.

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles
52 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

:cap_wander_2: My own mistake for not reading twice.

Okay. Was this mentioned somewhere then? All I could find was that you could exchange CVs multiple times, but you would only get free XP the first time. That led me to wonder if I could research Hakuryu or Midway now and exchange them back, getting free XP since it would be the first time doing it.

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
61 posts
10 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Yeah its in the articles but obviously i missed it :fish_palm:

No it says you can refund em more than once , so you got a bug

• Aircraft carriers can be exchanged more than once. But all subsequent operations will convert the XP used for researching the ship and its modules across to the associated XP of the ship one Tier below. If you exchange Tier IV carrier, starting with the second operation of this kind, the associated XP will be transferred to Tier I ship.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,291 posts
7,528 battles

Ok I have a question regarding the CV refunding.

Prior 0.8.0, I had Shokaku, Ryujo, Independence and Ranger (I had others but they were removed).

Now, I have Ryujo, Shokaku and Ranger. If I look in the Inventory, it gives me the following options :

- refund Ryujo => 92k free XP and 7.1 millions credits

- refund Ranger => 92k normal XP and 7.1 millions credits

Why can't I get free XP for refunding Ranger ? And if I refund it, where will the XP go ?

Edit : ok forget my questions, now they are the same : 99k free XP and 7.85 millions ...

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles
56 minutes ago, maderi said:

No it says you can refund em more than once , so you got a bug

• Aircraft carriers can be exchanged more than once. But all subsequent operations will convert the XP used for researching the ship and its modules across to the associated XP of the ship one Tier below. If you exchange Tier IV carrier, starting with the second operation of this kind, the associated XP will be transferred to Tier I ship.

Please note that compensation in free experience can only be received once and only for aircraft carriers researched before Update 0.8.0.

I got them after the release of the patch but i missed this caveat.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/cv8-which-nation-to-choose/

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

I contacted support they could not help me as expected.

Cant blame them for this its my screw up and i should have paid more attention.

Sign in to follow this