Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pzkpfwv1d

Experience regarding the Reworked CV'

Experience with the Reworked CV's   

176 members have voted

1. 1. Do the CV's need to be controllable

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you find the AA overpowering

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Torpedo Bombers - are the torpedoes doing enough damage

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  4. 4. Torpedo Bombers - does the aiming point need definition and tweaking

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Torpedo Bombers - flooding chance - does it need adjusting

• Higher
    • Lower
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Attack planes - aiming point - does it need simplified or adjusted

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Attack planes - rockets damage and fire chance - does this need adjustment

• Higher damage and fire chance
    • Higher damage same fire chance
    • Higher damage lower fire chance
    • Lower damage higher fire chance
    • Lower damage lower fire chance
    • Lower damage same fire chance
    • Leave as it is
    • Undecided
  8. 8. Dive Bombers - aiming point - are you happy with it currently

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

77 comments in this topic

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,914 battles

Well, I was right, the current CV Rework is terrible.

In Co-op play you are getting up to 3 CV's on the human player side against a team of bots without a single CV and the CV's are not able to damage significantly enemy armoured - example, a double torpedo strike against a T6 battleship does less than 5k damage and as the rest of the squadron flys over the target whilst the attack is ongoing they take AA fire from the target 

In Random play you can not even get into range to launch weapons apart from torpedoes and they torpedoes are not doing enough damage 

The BOTS are now generally beating teams that include CV's in Co-op play including such people as Tuccy

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles
20 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

The BOTS are now generally beating teams that include CV's in Co-op play including such people as Tuccy

They were kicking my [small horse with long ears] in Bot v Bot + Noob CV mode, but with a bit of practice I think that will change.

Poll is too early to comment on.

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles

I just had my first 3 games in the new rework. With the Tier 6 Ranger since even before the rework i had only unlocked the Independence and havent played japanese line at all. So thats the only CV i have.

I played co-op only to get used to the mechanics first and boy am i glad i did. Right now, I do not have the confidence to even try random.

What have the forum been busy to cry wolf again. CV "OP" my behind. I lost my first ever Co-op game thanks to the CV.

The rework is a MASSIVE CV Nerf. Now I understand why each team can have up to 3 CVs, because you need 3 CVs to do what one CV could do before and good luck coordinating them in randoms.

Before the rework, you knew which ship was "untouchable" and which was "harmless". You knew when your squadrons dies, why they died and to whom. Now, Its like a gamble. You can fly around taking little or moderate damage or (and this happened much more often in those 3 games) you get obliterated by one BB that isnt known for its AA at all. I stratched my head a couple times because I really had no idea what the hell happened. Why did my squadron disintegrate instantly to what?

Well, it might be that it needs getting used to and 3 games in co-op is by no means enough to judge but the first impression is catastrophic. I nearly quit in the middle of match because I was so "confused" and frustrated.

I know one thing for sure though. Anyone who says CVs are worse (more OP) then before, can suck my potato.

• Cool 5

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
708 posts
19,415 battles

Been playing low tier Japanese CVs, building experience, before breaking out the big guns,.  My comments are as follows:

1   You need to be able to control your CV, as it stands it is just stupid, I would even prefer the CV to be "Off map" than the current meta.

2   At least at lower tiers you must either be able to fire more torps or get better damage, the whole thing of the wing flying over the flak while 1 plane attacks is stupid.

3  Dive bombers, got some citadels and did virtually no damage.

4  Rockets, might as well be chucking spears. could be me but it looked like visual hits but nothing recorded.

TBH, if they were offering money back for premium CV, currently I would jump at the chance.  Perhaps time to look at the local online purchasing laws.

• Cool 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

I do like the new mechanics, it does get you into action just like WG aimed for. However...

In Coop everything was quite enjoyabe, about just as much damage as the RTS mechanic. But in Random i was slaughtered before i could get a single bomb, rocket or torpedo on target. And i was evading AA all of the time, but attacking you will have to fly into it. No score at all, and a high minus amount of credits !

Now i would expect i need to learn the new mechanics better, invest more careful into captain points and upgrades and such, were it not EVERY OTHER CAPATAIN WAS CELEBRATING THEIR 20+ AIRKILLS !! And ofcourse they were not celebrating over my aircraft, but over the enemy ones that fared just as poorly.

That means balance is off. To be expected i guess, beacuse if it were the other way around many players would quit the game. But if they leave it like this, CV class will be just like it was before the rework : ignored by most players. And then that rework was all for nothing. I suspect CV will slowly increase in power, untill other class players complain (too).

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
708 posts
19,415 battles
3 minutes ago, Atankean said:

The rework is a MASSIVE CV Nerf. Now I understand why each team can have up to 3 CVs, because you need 3 CVs to do what one CV could do before and good luck coordinating them in randoms.

Before the rework, you knew which ship was "untouchable" and which was "harmless". You knew when your squadrons dies, why they died and to whom. Now, Its like a gamble. You can fly around taking little or moderate damage or (and this happened much more often in those 3 games) you get obliterated by one BB that isnt known for its AA at all. I stratched my head a couple times because I really had no idea what the hell happened. Why did my squadron disintegrate instantly to what?

Agreed on the first point.

On the second it could be a noobie thing but I doubt it, situational awareness  is impossible.

Players
36 posts

CVs in coop are plain idiotic right now - they do no damage: all you get is flyflyfly dodge the AA and start spamming attacks before AA DOT melts you - for all that effort you get no flooding no fire 10000shatters and overpens and 2k damage, and now after you spent 2-3 minutes on this exercise in frustration you get to repeat the whole thing.

Meanwhile after a couple of such feeble attempts at damage dealing the extra BBs that spawned on red team have snowballed into a nightmare for your team and are lazily capping you out of match while slowly and effortlessly dodging your torps (or ignoring their feeble damage entirely) and dive bombers and laughing their asses off at your attack planes (which are surprisingly turning out to be the best aircraft vs anything).

In my last match i ended up the last of 2 CVs and entire team standing vs a BB(NM) that had grounded! - it was a stationary target and i spent ~6!+ minutes in Ryujo throwing everything at it (it's AA had little effect as it was either too random or destroyed) and it just stood there and took all the "terrible" damage with no issue - it took me all that time and countless reloads (in the end i was just behind the island it grounded at) to deal that 60k damage - it's pathetic

tSzxAEY.png

The damage done in match is a record breaker - so far in coop 10-20k is the norm before the red snowball kills the match...

• Cool 3

[A_B]
Players
2 posts
12,351 battles

There's something wrong with CV rework. Too early to understand what's wrong but...

Tried some T4 and T10 co-op to get an understanding of how it works.

Feeling is that AA in overpowered (normally you get destroyed while approaching target).

Torps are under-powered (only marginal damages).

Aiming is not so intuitive.

I also tried a T5 random with Giulio Cesare against 3 CV. I was it by 6 or 7 torps, only light damages and I killed 20 planes. It never happened before update. Seems not well balanced.

• Cool 4

Players
43 posts
11,806 battles

completely boring  and uninspiring  game play in addition to above  sectors need to be given hotkeys rather than the clunky and overbearing interface.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles

I left the update downloading when I went to work this morning, so haven't played yet.

The initial feedback from NA server was sounding like the lower tier CVs were not OP, but the T10 ones were (hadn't heard of the premiums yet); if that's the same experience on EU, I would suggest that's a good thing: the major fear for non-CV players was that they would be utterly irrelevant in the face of the new CVs - nothing more than xp pinatas.

If the balance hasn't been spot-on (as expected), I would much rather it was weighted in favour of not-CVs, as that's basically what the vast majority play, and it would be foolish to drive off the bulk of the player base.

If CVs are under-powered now, they'll certainly be buffed fairly swiftly, I imagine. I'll start finding out myself when I get home from work this evening...

Edit: has anyone tried playing DDs in randoms yet? If so, how did it work out for you?

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
12,609 battles

played 2 games and sold lexington and hakuryu! now i got 2 mil free xp))) i will use it to skip soviet bbs!

oh and dds are DEAD! especially the RN ones!

Edited by Animalul2012

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,580 posts
20,730 battles

Midway has been pretty harshly nerfed with less rockets, a longer torp attack distance (cross drops still possible but more difficult), an even more sensitive aiming reticle (which btw is wholly unsuited for the UI that likes to make micro turns everywhere), larger rocket spread and so forth and so on.

Still was able to harass a Hinden and a Salem to death without any issues tho.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

With some more playing my performance improved.....maybe the balance isnt that much off, but everyone but the test players just need to adapt....

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,914 battles

Still trying on CV's and still getting underwhelming results 

Managed to knock 1 snowflake off so far from more than 10 battles with a total damage of less than 40k so every time I take a CV out I lose credits 

I think they seriously need a rework on the rework 

[SHAD]
Players
3,294 posts
13,456 battles

One thing that can be celebrated is that now the quality of one player does not dictate the entire match.

Good CV players are still a threat but normally CVs don't feel too strong.

Something must be done for the DDs though, at the moment a CV will spot and harass a single DD until it or one of its team kill it.

The DD class will be completely destroyed by this as they have no counter.  

[NKK]
Beta Tester
878 posts
10,990 battles
6 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

One thing that can be celebrated is that now the quality of one player does not dictate the entire match.

Good CV players are still a threat but normally CVs don't feel too strong.

Something must be done for the DDs though, at the moment a CV will spot and harass a single DD until it or one of its team kill it.

The DD class will be completely destroyed by this as they have no counter.  

Of course, because now any BB is more valuable than a CV. Why? Pretty simple, with the BB you get to deal more damage with ease, and you can tank for your team, the CV can only do some damage (and a bit of spotting), but a lot less than the BB, and cannot tank at all.

[CSNL]
Players
2 posts
17,048 battles

This whole rework is just stupid, I never post anything but this time I have to complain - hopefully someone from wargaming sees it.

Played this of course before go live but was hoping they make it better but they did not.

Of course some CV players were annoying in past but you could always avoid serious damage if you knew how to. These new CVs are just stupid and this whole rework means that after I now completed snowflakes I am NEVER EVER going to play CV - else I pretty much like this game.

So wargaming if aim of this rework was to piss some player off then this rework was a great success!!!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Takes a while to win the fight with the controls (mouse control and WASD like to get in each other's ways ... or maybe that's just my high dpi setting, but it really threw me off for a couple games), plus the perspective when dropping really messes with your TB lead. Had a couple instances where I dropped a BB, only for it to simply sail past the torps (and I'm talking IJN 50kn torps), but once I adjusted to give more lead it's pretty easy to land your torps accurately unless you wiggle too hard and the reticule won't tighten up.

1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Midway has been pretty harshly nerfed with less rockets, a longer torp attack distance (cross drops still possible but more difficult), an even more sensitive aiming reticle (which btw is wholly unsuited for the UI that likes to make micro turns everywhere), larger rocket spread and so forth and so on.

And here I was thinking I just had the worst rocket spread RNG I could possibly get compared to the average hit/damage numbers I saw in PTS showcases with the Midway HVARs.

The 6th slot upgrade has also been nerfed from +3 aircraft on deck to +2. Wonder what else has gotten changed compared to last PTS version.

• Cool 1

[C-A-T]
Beta Tester
7 posts
8,223 battles

Here is my experience with the Shokaku.

Overwhelming amount of OP cruisers, especially the minotaur. Which I literally see 3 of in each match, wopee. My airplanes... were being ONE SHOTTED(Torpedo bombers, with the MOST HP, 13k) AT 12 KM OR SOMETHING. As soon as I got within 2 hex range on minimap. POOF, GONE ENTIRE TEAM.

I know the Minotaur always had BS range for AAA, but before it was NOT this ridiculous. 
Why do my dive bombers have 2x less HP than the torpedo bombers? Even the WEAKEST ships will kill them easily now and they DID.
I was hitting 6-10 rockets on light targets and dealing 726 damage only. Truly wonderful. I was feeling so immersed in the game.

Whose smart idea was it to have just TWO airplanes attack from the ENTIRE squad? It makes NO SENSE. Especially with the MASSIVELY nerfed damage.
I wont even get to use more than those two goddamn it!!!! Oh wait my entire squad died before I was even in spotting range with them. Nvm.

This is such a trash update I am actually so angry right now, when I got annoyed by the carriers before I just sold my carrier and went on to play other ships. This update angered me to the point where I actually just logged off, I want to uninstall and I want to punch whoever made this update in the throat.
I haven't been this pissed off at anyone or anything since I was a teen, this is how HORRIBLE my experience was.

Even carriers on the opposing team were saying that they just quit and give up. Good job, you made both sides agree on something and the autistic cruisers being their usual braggart self while being amazingly OP and fed "Hurr durr it's fine, git gud"

As if it were somehow possible for me to physically make the game less ****.

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,914 battles

This rework is very bad, put it this way Shokaku secondaries (and the fire they caused) did more damage than all the aircraft from all 3 types - the normandie parked right next to my CV and I could not even get a hit on it (launch, turn blatted by AA)

CV rework 31.01.19.png

• Cool 2

[C-A-T]
Beta Tester
7 posts
8,223 battles
1 minute ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

This rework is very bad, put it this way Shokaku secondaries did more damage than all the aircraft from all 3 types 

CV rework 31.01.19.png

Wow you actually CAN see something below tier 10 in shokaku... I had given up. But yes you had the exact same experience as me... which is funny. That tier 10 and tier 6 matches play out exactly the same....

Players
19 posts
1,890 battles

this rework is terrible and if they think i will refound Saipan for gold to get other ship and play this crap moe theyre wrong. i will get in games to do team damage then

• Bad 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

TiTs are still completely useless. Don't use them.

They are more of an anti capital ship weaponry - ability to dent BB and Moskvagrad can be handy, though at expense of spraying DDs with HVARs.

They are extra lacking on Kexington, 4 of them is just not enough

Sign in to follow this