Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Anyone tried JB's AA yet?

7 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Hello friends,
I have to be away for a couple of days so I can't test it myself.

How is JB's (suposedly Godlike) AA now? With all the non overlaping auras and flak puffs, I'm a bit lost.

How does it work with this particular ship, and is it effective? Thanks!

[POP]
Beta Tester
216 posts
9,592 battles

Haven't tried yet, but it seems that since JB does not have short range AA, medium aura starts from 0.1km. Medium is 13 explosions from 0.1-3.8km with 1750 damage per explosion and 732 continuous. Long range is 3.8-5.8km with 9 explosions and 2030 damage per explosion, 173 continuous. Hit probabilities are 73% each. These are base stats without modules or skills. Numbers seem very good.

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles

With no short range AA I'd expect wall of flak causing significant emotional events for planes all their time, which might be way to go for maximum dakka - on PTS Conqueror used to put 18 flak bursts from Bofors with no minimal distance, making her one of the best self defense AA actually. On live she's nerfed to only 14:cap_tea:

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
3 minutes ago, MixuS said:

Haven't tried yet, but it seems that since JB does not have short range AA, medium aura starts from 0.1km. Medium is 13 explosions from 0.1-3.8km with 1750 damage per explosion and 732 continuous. Long range is 3.8-5.8km with 9 explosions and 2030 damage per explosion, 173 continuous. Hit probabilities are 73% each. These are base stats without modules or skills. Numbers seem very good.

I have to catch up with the new mechanics, because I have little idea of what you're describing.

• Funny 2

[POP]
Beta Tester
216 posts
9,592 battles
5 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I have to catch up with the new mechanics, because I have little idea of what you're describing.

Besically short, medium and long range AA all have separate aura ranges now. When short range stops, medium begins and when medium stops, long begins. What is stupid here is that when a ship does not have a certain aura (like JB does not have short range) some of the other auras get's their range buffed. Also, short range AA only has continuous dps damage (like AA was before), medium and long have that too, but they also shoot those big explosions that do heavy damage if they hit. Downside of those AA explosions is that they can be dodged.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
216 posts
9,592 battles

Tested one game. AA is devastating at least against tier 8 CVs, 14 planes shot down on only about two attacks by three squadrons in total. Still it doesn't really prevent a CV from dropping torps on you, but they might not have enough planes to make another pass.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,299 posts
13,505 battles

Very strong, everything dies

My Missouri did have 100 AA and now has 82, even with same skills and modules.

The Jean bart has 93 without the AA module.

Sign in to follow this