Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ferry_25

8.0 Upgrades heads up

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
4,390 posts
12,087 battles

Not knowing which builds are the most suited in the new upgrade I decided to "clean up" all ships from their upgrades. It's free now anyways so nothing is lost. However: I noticed some upgrade slots were empty on opening. First one or 2 didn't draw my attention but more popped out with empty slots. Now I might be saying something very dumb but still thought I'd post this. I don't always check all my upgrades etc before starting a match. So it might be a good thing to double check it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles

Some modules were removed, like the AA mod 2 in slot 3. These modules are in the 6th slot now. So you have to put something new into slot 3 if you had the AA mod previously installed.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,057 posts
15,102 battles

The original AA modifications 1 were in slot 3 (purchase cost 500,000)

With 8.0 they were replaced with AA modifications 2 and placed in your inventory (sell price 1,500,000)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,390 posts
12,087 battles

Ah I see. Must have overlooked that in the notes. And I can imagine I'm not the only one. So better be warned once too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
1 minute ago, Ferry_25 said:

Ah I see. Must have overlooked that in the notes. And I can imagine I'm not the only one. So better be warned once too much.

On other hand you can make nice quick buck from selling changed AA upgrade - I have 39 of them to sell for 1.5mil each:cap_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,865 posts
21,648 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

On other hand you can make nice quick buck from selling changed AA upgrade - I have 39 of them to sell for 1.5mil each:cap_popcorn:

I'm afraid of selling them, fearing that it's a fluke and if i do sell them WG will want the silver back.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
170 posts
7,460 battles
12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'm afraid of selling them, fearing that it's a fluke and if i do sell them WG will want the silver back.

Of course it is a bug, but that is 100 % their fault. In that particular scenario we are not abusing anything, they just made a mistake but noone will hurt you for sellin your stuff from inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,865 posts
21,648 battles
2 minutes ago, fodder89 said:

Of course it is a bug, but that is 100 % their fault. In that particular scenario we are not abusing anything, they just made a mistake but noone will hurt you for sellin your stuff from inventory.

WG is banning people who use the infinite silver CV exploit, where you use the compensation system to sell the CV and then buy them again with the clan discount, making a profit on the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
170 posts
7,460 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

WG is banning people who use the infinite silver CV exploit, where you use the compensation system to sell the CV and then buy them again with the clan discount, making a profit on the difference.

And that is correct, that is an exploit. Now find the difference :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,390 posts
12,087 battles

I'm not selling anything. Don't need the silver anyway and I wait until this sh*tstorm is lowering: avoid CV related matches and follow up here and on the video channels how things work out. Some sources claim AA is useless because dodge-able other claim they aren't f.e. So I'm absolutely not sure which builds I want to take. Just taking the opportunity to empty all my ships for dree so I can rebuild them once it's all settled. A painstaking process I might add. In which I had to kill my client 3 times already because the UI froze on me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
463 posts
7,358 battles

Does anyone know yet if it's viable to sell the AA mod 2 as it's going to cost an arm and leg to replace the ones they removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
170 posts
7,460 battles
4 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm not selling anything. Don't need the silver anyway and I wait until this sh*tstorm is lowering: avoid CV related matches and follow up here and on the video channels how things work out. Some sources claim AA is useless because dodge-able other claim they aren't f.e. So I'm absolutely not sure which builds I want to take. Just taking the opportunity to empty all my ships for dree so I can rebuild them once it's all settled. A painstaking process I might add. In which I had to kill my client 3 times already because the UI froze on me....

It looks kinda simple

- If you can't dodge flak you die without doing anything

- If you can dodge flak, you can strike even full aa stalingrad with your tier VIII carrier but only once(and quick call planes back), then you will just start another squadron up :)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles
1 minute ago, Merlin851526 said:

Does anyone know yet if it's viable to sell the AA mod 2 as it's going to cost an arm and leg to replace the ones they removed?

 

I sold them all... i dont think they are worth it in the 6th slot tbh. I rather take reload or if necessary range.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,390 posts
12,087 battles
30 minutes ago, fodder89 said:

It looks kinda simple

- If you can't dodge flak you die without doing anything

- If you can dodge flak, you can strike even full aa stalingrad with your tier VIII carrier but only once(and quick call planes back), then you will just start another squadron up :)

 

Thanks, Fodder. Look: that was only one of the gazillion questions I have which couldn't be answered in the PTS video's or even on Notsers training room battle. The thing is I have invested a lot of energy from become an total utterly useless barely intelligent enough to breath to a barely intelligent enough to breath noob level. And frankly I don't know if I want to completely reinvent the wheel again. The skills and tricks I learned here, on the channels and by myself might prove to be totally obsolete in the current meta. In this AA question example my preliminary conclusion is my AA is RNG depending against players skill, while the AA defenses are dwindling over the course of a match while the CV's planes aren't (yeah switch from rocket to bomb to torp spam every 30 seconds, sure). And if there's 1 thing I learned it's not to trust RNG-us completely in this game...

So again: I'll sit this one out, follow the forum and the channels and in the mean time avoid CV prone matches. I know: WIP and all. WG needs to collect data a.s.o. Fine. Only not on my expense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ELITO]
Players
11 posts
492 battles

Today, due to version 0.8.0, there is a catastrophic MM. I do not think I'm gonna play for a while. At tier III, 6 players in each team, and of that 3 aircraft carriers in each team. Total chaos.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
463 posts
7,358 battles
23 minutes ago, Paprone said:

Today, due to version 0.8.0, there is a catastrophic MM. I do not think I'm gonna play for a while. At tier III, 6 players in each team, and of that 3 aircraft carriers in each team. Total chaos.

No better further up the tiers either I'm afraid and 5 is a no go area as far as I'm concerned. Sadly I think this nonsense is going to last longer than a day. I've been in some tier 5 games today and it's 3 CV's aside sigh. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ELITO]
Players
11 posts
492 battles

The number of aircraft carriers in the game does not decrease any day, I have the impression that their presentation has increased by 1000% for the last two days in the game. It is impossible to play with combat ships, even frustrating. MM is impossible to balance. In the WG, it has been announced earlier that there will be no more than two aircraft carriers in the battles per team, but we see that there are still three of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,570 posts

I dont get this.

 

Atlanta for example is missing AA mod in slot 3. Now I can purchase AA mod 1 for 500k. Here I lost 500k.

Same for Donskoi. Slot 3 empty, AA mod 1 available for 500k, AA mod 2 is available to buy in slot 6 where I have my reload mod.

 

So ... am I missing here an extra slot I am not seeing? Didnt Atlanta have 4 slots even before the patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,865 posts
21,648 battles
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I dont get this.

 

Atlanta for example is missing AA mod in slot 3. Now I can purchase AA mod 1 for 500k. Here I lost 500k.

Same for Donskoi. Slot 3 empty, AA mod 1 available for 500k, AA mod 2 is available to buy in slot 6 where I have my reload mod.

 

So ... am I missing here an extra slot I am not seeing? Didnt Atlanta have 4 slots even before the patch?

Check your inventory for AA upgrades, the old 500k silver ones you had have been changed to the 3mil ones.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,570 posts
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Check your inventory for AA upgrades, the old 500k silver ones you had have been changed to the 3mil ones.

Hell ... didnt know about this change. Guess I have some cash now :)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,865 posts
21,648 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Hell ... didnt know about this change. Guess I have some cash now :)

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×