You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tenacious_torps

Demand Atlanta and Kidd refund

130 comments in this topic

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles
2 minutes ago, BuccaneerBill said:

Yeah have to agree, Atlanta AA is poor.  Battleships provide AA cover now.

:cap_wander: That just ain't right... :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[FMW]
Players
118 posts

Not only Atlanta, also USS Kidd has been reduced to 200% DEFAA. Not happy with these changes to Premium Ships

<Edit> also USS Sims has fallen to this nerfing

• Cool 16

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
605 posts
5,081 battles
33 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

weellll... it still is, isn't it? Kind of? Like, least worst:Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

No it actually really isn't any more.

The AA ranges don't overlap any more. So the 127 mm main guns stop shooting when the medium range guns open up.

And since the medium and short range AAA of the Atlanta is pretty poor .... she ends up with pretty poor AA damage overall.

I frigging love the Atlanta, but they will seriously need to rework their AA, or else I might want that refund as well.

• Cool 19

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles

saw one shot down 28 planes so i don't know but that was from one game.

ranger seems terrible as my planes get blapped to nothing in short order (which makes me paraonoid about losing my planes before i can get a decent strike off half the time)

at tier 6 they don't seem to be performing well but then i have a limited amount of games played since im losing interest in playing them half the time.

• Boring 1

Players
513 posts
10,581 battles

Yeah the Atlanta has all her firepower in long range AA, and since they only work from 3.1km to 5.8km now ( 2.7km effective compared to 7.2km before), its pretty poor.

• Cool 8

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
16,418 battles

I've heard that Kidd's AA is even worst garbage than Atlanta's one now... 

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

Kidd is only DD with heal on t8 and you wanna refund...GJ mate....GJ...one of OP ship in t8 bracket you wont to sell :) Somebody real needs the medal for whining

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

Players
1,373 posts
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Kidd is only DD with heal on t8 and you wanna refund...GJ mate....GJ...one of OP ship in t8 bracket you wont to sell :) Somebody real needs the medal for whining

She isn't. At least try to keep up, dude.

• Cool 6

[OP]
Beta Tester
104 posts
8,149 battles

Both Kiev and Ognevoi are tier 8 and have access to Repair Party.

• Cool 3

Players
355 posts
11,795 battles

I believe that the Russian t8 dds are gonna get heals. It really isn’t an OP ship. With ships like the Cossack, HSF, Aki and lightning all out gunning it....

• Cool 1

[ZPT]
Players
2 posts
10,619 battles

*edited* Im going to take a very prolonged break out of this game.

Edited by Nebiros_1
edited due to vulgarity
  • Cool 7

[ALONE]
Players
1,418 posts
11,488 battles
22 minutes ago, Hummus said:

The AA ranges don't overlap any more. So the 127 mm main guns stop shooting when the medium range guns open up.

And since the medium and short range AAA of the Atlanta is pretty poor .... she ends up with pretty poor AA damage overall.

WHAT?? WHY?! Are they out of their bloody minds?! Specialized AA cruiser (leading the changes in all fleets in the world) with poor AA? 

What are those "developers" thinking?

This must be some bug, they could not intentionally have done that. 

I frigging love the Atlanta, but they will seriously need to rework their AA, or else I might want that refund as well.

Of course it must be fixed. @MrConway, any explanation what happened?

I don't want the refund - I want my Atlanta to shred planes as she should. That is what she was built for, and even in the game it was her main strength.

• Cool 7

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
5 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

She isn't. At least try to keep up, dude.

ah RU got it with this patch?

still it is only capcontester wit heal....other line is gunboat

5 hours ago, Dehtre said:

Both Kiev and Ognevoi are tier 8 and have access to Repair Party.

they introdue it in this patch? is this in patchnotes?

• Boring 1

Players
26 posts
13,850 battles

*edited*

Edited by Nebiros_1
edited due to Insults and Provocations
  • Boring 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,863 posts
17,947 battles
3 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

WHAT?? WHY?! Are they out of their bloody minds?! Specialized AA cruiser (leading the changes in all fleets in the world) with poor AA? 

What are those "developers" thinking?

This must be some bug, they could not intentionally have done that. 

Of course it must be fixed. @MrConway, any explanation what happened?

For those who do not follow the forum closely:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/112132-new-aa-mechanics-about-the-non-overlapping-auras/

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
16,418 battles
9 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

Yay! you win a prize for the biggest over reaction to the new patch, here have a medal.

One of the selling point of these ships is their supreme AA. Both were able to wipe multiple squadrons in a second... Now their AA is a joke. 

• Cool 8

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
515 posts
18,577 battles
4 minutes ago, Episparh said:

One of the selling point of these ships is their supreme AA. Both were able to wipe multiple squadrons in a second... Now their AA is a joke. 

yes, and it's day one of the new 0.8.0 beta test...

also the OP is an old clan mate of mine and he knows I'm just jesting (thus his laugh response to my post ;)

• Boring 1

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
605 posts
5,081 battles
11 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

To summarise the 4 page thread:

AA needed to be nerfed for the CV rebalance (wouldn't want all the new CV player to get shot down by multitude of full AA specced players .... )

They decided to remove the overlapping because they wanted to move away from the "the closer you get, the more damage you took"

mr conway on page 2 of the tread:

Also: To shed some more light onto the motivation behind this decision.

Pre-rework AA worked in the same manner for all ships: the closer you get to a ship, the more damage you took.

The AA zone separation in 0.8.0 was done for balance reasons and to enable us to adjust the zones individually. This lets us give ships a distinct AA "flavour". You can have ships that are great at providing screening long-range AA fire for allies and conversely also ships that are deadly when solo and hard to attack individually.

At the moment the 0.8.0 AA settings are mainly based around the caliber and amount of AA guns each ship carries, but going forward we'll likely make more adjustments and tweaks to individual ships to make their AA "flavour" more distinctive.

I know if is less intuitive this way, but I think it will let us give a lot more depth to the AA system than if we went with the "you come close, you die" approach :)

I figured this was going to be utter CRAP for an Atlanta, but I had missed that they also removed the 300% dps from DFAA ....... 

• Cool 1