Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

CV’s are released

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3,601 posts
14,275 battles

So, for most, the new CV’s are now in play. I’ll have to wait a while to see the new meta but already I’m seeing people demand buffs and some demand nerfs... not even 24 hours in. Personally I’m going to wait for it to all blow over with a nice pint or 5.48730D26-D123-4707-AC70-03C249776C14.gif.619be61f389d50e3b5c0a1678d4b1fe0.gif

 

 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

Any good game developer will let a new change like this stew for a while before making changes (outside of fixing game break things). 

 

So the new CV game play we have now may be a fair bit different than a month from now.

 

I hope they take actual criticism into account when changing stuff, not just look on the forums at the numerous threads that will be created from players crying when they don't know even the basics of the rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
910 posts
10,069 battles

So far it has been weird for me. Practically no carriers (less than 50% of games) and they are universally poop. I haven;t been deleted by a Midway since the change which is a nice change from yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
632 posts
4,964 battles
16 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

So far it has been weird for me. Practically no carriers (less than 50% of games) and they are universally poop. I haven;t been deleted by a Midway since the change which is a nice change from yesterday.

fantastic news

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
229 posts
55 battles
2 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

So far it has been weird for me. Practically no carriers (less than 50% of games) and they are universally poop. I haven;t been deleted by a Midway since the change which is a nice change from yesterday.

Well, over on the NA server you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a CV and the salt, whine, and tears is something else.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,680 posts
45,021 battles
3 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

So, for most, the new CV’s are now in play. I’ll have to wait a while to see the new meta but already I’m seeing people demand buffs and some demand nerfs... not even 24 hours in. Personally I’m going to wait for it to all blow over with a nice pint or 5.48730D26-D123-4707-AC70-03C249776C14.gif.619be61f389d50e3b5c0a1678d4b1fe0.gif

 

 

I wil play coopå only for some days, resetting all captains except those limited nr of ships I play in Coop and follow the forums. After a few days I will spec a few ships and being on the recieving end so to speak in randoms. I think that the respec period is to short so that is my method of dealing with it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
229 posts
55 battles
1 minute ago, Gnirf said:

I wil play coopå only for some days, resetting all captains except those limited nr of ships I play in Coop and follow the forums. After a few days I will spec a few ships and being on the recieving end so to speak in randoms. I think that the respec period is to short so that is my method of dealing with it.

There will be no bot CV's in co-op or the scenarios for some time so that is good and bad. I highly suggest playing tier 4 for a bit before going to the upper tiers just to get a handle on the new system in a less unfriendly AA environment. Plus 2 AA is even deadlier than it was before and the smallest dip into that AA bubble is usually the end of your flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,680 posts
45,021 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf2 said:

There will be no bot CV's in co-op or the scenarios for some time so that is good and bad. I highly suggest playing tier 4 for a bit before going to the upper tiers just to get a handle on the new system in a less unfriendly AA environment. Plus 2 AA is even deadlier than it was before and the smallest dip into that AA bubble is usually the end of your flight.

Yes I know and thats why a play a few games in coop actively avoiding CVs until the first impressions start, grinding LU modules only more or less. If we look at a probably overpopulation in CVs at the begining you might choose a captain spec desperately against 2-3 CVs /team for that instead of 1 or 0. I am not certain I will try the Cvs the nearest weeks but I have 270+ ships. I have not time to experiment on every non-cv ship. The CVs themselves I can spec later.

 

I will probably try a few different tiers/ships then to see how strong the AA is and looking at a few guides on how to handle the attacking aircraft. I used the LM button and targeted squadrons so have to look up how to handle it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
146 posts

having spent a night on the PTS and testing the new CV gameplay, all i gotta say .... im not impressed.

the gameplay as a whole is very repetitive with :   - spawn plane -> fly to target -> try to strike -> maybe second pass -> watch planes die -> rinse & repeat - > over and over and over.
Call of Duty - Water Edition.
i really got bored after like 5+ matches and from what i read,im not alone with that feeling.

but what grinds my gears most was the underwhelming damage as CV.
ever seen a Zao that eats 4 Midway torps broadside and lives with 50%+~ hp?
no? well...you will now.

i suspect a heavy increase in CVs for a week and then it'll die off real quick.

this rework is from the categories "it seemed like a good idea at the time.." and  "mistakes were made.."

just my 2 cents
 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HALON]
Players
650 posts
10,714 battles

Reading reddit and the american forums looks like the carrier only guys have some work to do to adapt to the new carriers indeed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
1,451 posts
22,316 battles

i will be a troll , just fly around in circle , watch when someone burn their dcp , then put rockets up his a$$


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
229 posts
55 battles
17 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Yes I know and thats why a play a few games in coop actively avoiding CVs until the first impressions start, grinding LU modules only more or less. If we look at a probably overpopulation in CVs at the begining you might choose a captain spec desperately against 2-3 CVs /team for that instead of 1 or 0. I am not certain I will try the Cvs the nearest weeks but I have 270+ ships. I have not time to experiment on every non-cv ship. The CVs themselves I can spec later.

 

I will probably try a few different tiers/ships then to see how strong the AA is and looking at a few guides on how to handle the attacking aircraft. I used the LM button and targeted squadrons so have to look up how to handle it now.

I am suggesting playing tier 4 in randoms before playing the higher tiers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
18 minutes ago, Rokko1v said:

having spent a night on the PTS and testing the new CV gameplay, all i gotta say .... im not impressed.

the gameplay as a whole is very repetitive with :   - spawn plane -> fly to target -> try to strike -> maybe second pass -> watch planes die -> rinse & repeat - > over and over and over.
Call of Duty - Water Edition.
i really got bored after like 5+ matches and from what i read,im not alone with that feeling.

but what grinds my gears most was the underwhelming damage as CV.
ever seen a Zao that eats 4 Midway torps broadside and lives with 50%+~ hp?
no? well...you will now.

i suspect a heavy increase in CVs for a week and then it'll die off real quick.

this rework is from the categories "it seemed like a good idea at the time.." and  "mistakes were made.."

just my 2 cents
 

When I played on the PTS I was bored by the time I grinded to the Lex, which was about 3 games.

 

There's very little thinking involved, you just find a likely target and spam planes at them until they die or you might even change targets for someone better...

 

Can't see it being any different on the live server.

 

Still, the player base might actually enjoy this shallow repetitive play style.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,347 posts
18,216 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf2 said:

There will be no bot CV's in co-op or the scenarios for some time so that is good and bad.

That's the best complaint on the NA forums, no co-op CV bots so the Matchmaker puts in a BB instead. Every Tier X CV on the player team means another Montana or Yamato on the enemy side. They are not happy. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OHFK]
Beta Tester
617 posts
15,001 battles

They are in a good place CV, in the sense that they are no longer gods, atleast dont feel like it to me (tested them on PTS before) but honestly right now i dont know what to think. 

 

They are fun to play but i can see it getting boring very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
6 minutes ago, Shadeshot said:

They are in a good place CV, in the sense that they are no longer gods, atleast dont feel like it to me (tested them on PTS before) but honestly right now i dont know what to think. 

Gods or peasants, depending on skill. Just like before.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,739 posts
10,363 battles

I hope it becomes boring very quickly for most players and that after a couple of weeks the cv population will be back to normal (read: zero) so we can all enjoy the game again without skyAIDS. 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

Never played on PTS. Things get some getting used too. Been losing a few co-op games, lol. A bit of a learning curve, turning to avoid flak and then lining up the attack run. Then getting the aiming lead right, and taking into account ordinance to target time. Noobs like me will be useless, but after learning the skill curve, I can imagine them being a bit OP.

Avoiding RB's like the plague atm. The blame CV meta hasn't changed, even at t4 where you should expect noobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
98 posts
11,015 battles

Basically WG made the exact same mistakes with the rework. Just played a game in Saipan, t10 full of Minotaurs, DM's, Wooster etc. Everyone is running full AA builds and basically you cant test crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

Ultimately the litmus test is:

There are good players and bad players in all classes. Can one good player in one class disproportionately dictate the result of a battle?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OHFK]
Beta Tester
617 posts
15,001 battles
17 minutes ago, Klimons said:

Basically WG made the exact same mistakes with the rework. Just played a game in Saipan, t10 full of Minotaurs, DM's, Wooster etc. Everyone is running full AA builds and basically you cant test crap.

Also their concept of dodging flak is impossible lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

Free xp,d to tier x on both lines for the steel will refund down to tier 6 where i belong after that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
34 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Gods or peasants, depending on skill. Just like before.

much less skill dependent now then before because you dont fight other CV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OHFK]
Beta Tester
617 posts
15,001 battles

The patch was needed but the idea was to make them fun to play and balanced they are 99% obsolete now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×