You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

General feedback

311 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles

Captains, 

Please leave any general feedback on the features introduced in update 0.8.0 here. Should your feedback concern one of the topics below please leave the respective feedback in the linked thread.

As usual, you can find the patch notes on our portal: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-080-takeoff/

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts
3,675 battles

I can write a whole essay about 0.8.0, but it can be perfectly summed up in short snippet.

tenor.gif

I played yesterday on my dormant NA-account, just to gauge the waters.

• CV rework: rushed and unbalanced (for surface vessels as well as the carriers themselves), which made PvP about as fun as being an ant on a sunny afternoon that encountered an 8 year old with a magnifying glass who just learned about "focal point". PvE isn't much better either
  • Ranked battles could have been an escape-pod for those who don't want to brave the hordes of CV's, but then one has to endure the ArmsRace mode. It's like chosing between pest & cholera.
  • Clan Clash Naval Battle: it's back, and it's basically free oil... but one has to brave PvP for that, see point one why that now became a hurdle.
  • FSW-event: Oh look, a time-limited event with time-limited missions in a time-limited directive where one can earn time-limited containers for a time-limited collection. Hot on the heels on the previous time-limited event with time-limited missions in a time-limited directive where one can earn time-limited containers for a time-limited collection. What could possible go wrong with the endurance of the playerbase?
  • Lunar New Year: looks nice on first glance, although the containers are a bit bland (as per usual since half a year in these events), and the "get lootcrates for doubloons" reeks a bit like a circumvention on the regulation of paid lootcrates, where one can still buy them via a detour (one doesn't buy the crates, one buys doubloons).

• Cool 14

[TAW]
Players
92 posts
3,893 battles

Any cruiser with poorer manoeuvrability would seem to be more adversely affected by these across the board AA and concealment nerfs.

My Moskva, a drop of 15 from AA rating 84 to 69, an increase of detection distance from 13.7km to 14.1km and as AA Mod 3 vanishes it's now only allowed to mount 2 AA mods neither of which are able to increase the overall AA rating.

• Cool 1

[BMD]
Players
24 posts
9,911 battles

@MrConway why have all my BB´s and cruisers that had 100% AA been nerft ?? And i have tried to get it higher up, but i can´t

[B-B-C]
Players
20 posts
5,686 battles

Battle Summary -> Detail Screen now scrolls unnecessarily on 1920x1200 resolution.

There is plenty of space at the bottom. to allow for the ~10 missing pixels of the  Damage Caused table background that does not fit in that viewport.

All information is there, its genuinely just a bit of table background that make scroll bars appear.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
1 hour ago, Cammo1962 said:

@MrConway why have all my BB´s and cruisers that had 100% AA been nerft ?? And i have tried to get it higher up, but i can´t

Since the AA system was completely changed we also overhauled the way AA strength numbers were calculated - we did not nerf any specific class of ships.

• Funny 2
  • Angry 2

Players
362 posts

AA modification 1 has been removed and replaced by AA modification 2 that can be used only for tier 9 and tier 10 ships.

Now AA modification 1 does NOT add anything in the ship's AA defences and all ship AA defences have been redused to half!

Is that the way it was suposed to be?

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles

You know what would be nice... To switch AA sectors by clicking on your ship radar icon (or how do you call it). By pressing CTRL+mouse1 on left or right side of your ship:

111.jpg.8e6dc3eca6e97792ea16f3138f7c91b4.jpg

Instead of seeing this over your entire screen

22222.thumb.jpg.e4ac5d244615b99676d95639bb92e731.jpg

• Cool 6

[WGB]
Players
195 posts
12,462 battles
11 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

AA modification 1 has been removed and replaced by AA modification 2 that can be used only for tier 9 and tier 10 ships.

Now AA modification 1 does NOT add anything in the ship's AA defences and all ship AA defences have been redused to half!

Is that the way it was suposed to be?

Yup! As they are trying to push CV's to new players who like planes so can't have them getting shot out of the sky and getting unhappy and giving-up. Never mind that pretty much no-one wants to play CV's, as it's called World of Warships for a reason, and that many of us didn't actually mind the OP CV players as good luck to anyone who can spend the time to master the RTS skills needed for them.

Boy am I glad I didn't renew my premium account before this update. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WGB]
Players
195 posts
12,462 battles
4 minutes ago, quickr said:

You know what would be nice... To switch AA sectors by clicking on your ship radar icon (or how do you call it). By pressing CTRL+mouse1 on left or right side of your ship:

How the hell do you even activate it in the first place?

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
1 minute ago, rising_uk said:

How the hell do you even activate it in the first place?

Default key "o"

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
1 minute ago, Thunder_apollo said:

and another question...alaska?

Soontm

• Cool 3

Players
8 posts

The update is a big pile of steaming horse manure. My Colorado that used to destroy planes for fun managed to kill just 5 with this update. Gone are the days of a CV attacking and losing all it's planes. Every update seems to be more reason not to play this game. 

• Cool 3

[WGB]
Players
195 posts
12,462 battles

p.s.

A slight change of mind. It's not so easy to avoid AA in the low tier CV's so not as bad as I thought but in the long run I think this will all have been a waste of time and effort as new CV players will get bored with the repetitive nature of play and give up and the rest will just become OP XP farmers. I think is a shame that the truly skilled CV's players are likely to give up on CV's as they just aren't involving enough to play now. All in all a true WG snafu. Now just wait for the subs! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Players
195 posts
12,462 battles
6 minutes ago, AceHardcase said:

The update is a big pile of steaming horse manure. My Colorado that used to destroy planes for fun managed to kill just 5 with this update. Gone are the days of a CV attacking and losing all it's planes. Every update seems to be more reason not to play this game. 

:Smile_Default: 

It doesn't matter how many you kill as they now have an infinite amount of planes.

• Cool 5
  • Angry 1

Players
4 posts
9,091 battles
27 minutes ago, rising_uk said:

:Smile_Default: 

It doesn't matter how many you kill as they now have an infinite amount of planes.

i´m not a cv player, and i think that one good thing for cv guys. at least they can play the full 20 minutes of the game and not be there weaiting for the end if deplaned

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
195 posts
12,462 battles

Personally the whole thing is a joke to fix a problem that wasn't really there but what do I know I've only played 12,000 battles. It won't satisfy the real CVs players, it won't be interesting enough to keep new CV players and it's pissed off all the other ship types by mucking around with their hard-learnt specs. The gameplay meta is so different and defensive now(And I don't think any balancing will solve that) that many I think will just give-up and move on, I'm certainly thinking of doing that as it just isn't fun, challenging or interesting enough now but I'm certainly gutted that I've spent so much money and invested so much time into this game to have it all be snafu'd like this. It's certainly taught me a lesson in that I'll never put cash into the 'free to play' model again.

A simple solution would be to allow a 'No CV' or specific '+CV' game mode but WG won't be doing that I suspect as despite what they have said it's clear that this is for the console mob. Subs will make it even more stupid.

What is the icing on the cake for me is that I was going to let it shake-out by playing some plain and simple fun Ranked but that has been ruined at the same time as whilst 'arms race' is fun with a bunch of ships it's a joke in Ranked and once again totally destroys the meta that that model was supposed to meet. I'm seriously impressed about how blind a game software company can be but then again they surely have some sort of game-plan(CONSOLE'S) so good luck to them but they getting no-more of my cash unless something is seriously done about this fubar. 

• Cool 9

Players
7 posts

Disheartened, the play is awful, I don't play CVs but the planes never miss now and if you have poor anti air craft you get murdered, looks like i'll be going back to tanks. Worst update by far

• Cool 5

Players
21 posts
4,549 battles

3 CVs in one game...enough is enough, I have payed into this game too much now, thinking of giving it a break and see if it pans out evenly.

The biggest differences I noticed is besides 1-2 CV every game is the increase of BB's, as a low tiered CL I do not have a fighting chance just to make it out alive let alone win a game.

Good luck one and all, enjoy....I used to !

• Cool 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,891 posts
14,231 battles

Is it just me or has port UI gotten even more laggy?

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
137 posts
12,563 battles

DD play is zero fun. Thanks WG, I too have invested into this game, but it is a total turn off now.:Smile-angry:

• Cool 6

[BOTS]
Beta Tester
22 posts
4,494 battles

How about allowing AA sector repositioning by pushing the 'o' key once? Similar to selection of shells. One push and it repositions. Dragging a mouse whilst holding down a key is excessive mid battle.

• Cool 1