You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Bug Reports

172 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in update 0.8.0 below, using the template below.

Note that if you do not send all the needed details concerning your bug, we will not be able to work on resolving it!

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

Please attach a replay if relevant!

[BAD-A]
Players
28 posts
12,713 battles

Great, thought I'd try ranked battles picked a ship pressed start battle and bang, on my desktop. Now I cannot get back in and if I get penalized for your piss poor coding I will uninstall all War gaming products. i am fed up with this crap every sodding patch.

Then when i do fuinally get in game the match has finished and ive got 3 penaltiy points through no fault of my own. FFS WG this is not the way to please and influence your player base.

• Cool 3

Players
298 posts
13,861 battles

Why is there only 2 torpedoes from 5 torpedo planes?
Ranger T6

[READ]
Players
3 posts
3,348 battles

Description: Getting other ship firing sounds as they were my own.

How got this: Played first game in ryojo, second in anshan. That Ryojo game ended at same moment as my current squadron got shot down and didn't have time to return to carrier pick new one. So something in soundscape most likely got bugged out.

Result:  In anshan game, i got our own teams batteship sounds, meaning apart from anshans own gun sounds while firing, i would hear booming blasts when ever that battleship fired, like i would be one firing, as in no matter if i was on other side of map sound was blasted clear as day. Was pretty distracting, specially when there was already both enemy carriers trying to rocket me.

Expected Result:
To hear sounds like they were in last version aka loud gun booms only by my own fire or if other ship is really close to me.

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
666 battles

Description:

1. Ship not moving in any direction despite GUI reporting speed change, rudder shift, etc. Ship will occasionally "lag" into moving in some form.

2. Unable to see ships that should be spotted, so can't shoot at enemy ships and unable to see incoming shells (only effect i.e. fire damage, etc).

3. Other ships on the team also visually appearing not to move, turn, etc.

2. Reproduction steps:

Problems start the moment you enter the battle with no particular trigger. This has happened in the first two battles I've tried since the recent patch. I've re-installed the game, checked and repaired the integrity - no change.

FPS seems unusually high (90-100) where it usually hovers around 80-85. Ping also seems unusually low (9-15ms) when it's usually 30-35ms.

Could this be a network related issue?

3. Result:

Pretty much as described above and the game at this moment in time is unplayable for me.

4. Expected Result:

That the game plays like it did before the recent patch.

[WWKE]
Players
1 post
1,470 battles

The cruiser Irian can`t join a battle with it.

Every second battle is constantly loading and i can`t join it.

With other ships i can join the battle.

[-TNP-]
Players
14 posts
7,990 battles

just had a container bug. got a twitch container opened it. then it told me I still had a container despite it saying I only had 1 container to start with so clicked open and now my game is stuck saying "Operation in progress..."

shot-19.01.31_13.23.58-0359.jpg

Players
1,284 posts
9,778 battles

The Port still keeps resetting to the Twitch port after game client restart, no matter which port you selected before the last shutdown of the game client. I think this must have been the third or fourth time I alone bring this up, don't know about others.

Port UI is laggier than ever, which is almost more annoying than the carrier plague. At least you can get around the carriers in Ranked... no getting around the Port screen.

Oh and that Operations bug, where you can't call fire on the bot enemy ships and it always says "hit the onshore installation" instead on hitting F3, even when there is no onshore installation, and which I've been sporadically reporting a half dozen times - that has also not been fixed again.

• Cool 2

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
533 posts
8,705 battles
3 hours ago, Labris said:

Description: Getting other ship firing sounds as they were my own.

How got this: Played first game in ryojo, second in anshan. That Ryojo game ended at same moment as my current squadron got shot down and didn't have time to return to carrier pick new one. So something in soundscape most likely got bugged out.

Result:  In anshan game, i got our own teams batteship sounds, meaning apart from anshans own gun sounds while firing, i would hear booming blasts when ever that battleship fired, like i would be one firing, as in no matter if i was on other side of map sound was blasted clear as day. Was pretty distracting, specially when there was already both enemy carriers trying to rocket me.

Expected Result:
To hear sounds like they were in last version aka loud gun booms only by my own fire or if other ship is really close to me.

Got the same result, but previous games were bb>cv>cruiser>bb>dd and it happened in the last one.

Also:

massive fps drops whenever aa guns are firing or torps are nearby. Performance going down with each patch is almost a feature now...

Players
437 posts
13 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

massive fps drops whenever aa guns are firing or torps are nearby. Performance going down with each patch is almost a feature now

Every since that crash last week with EU server. The game now since the server came back up seems to be quite laggy, more so when a lot is going on with ships all firing and finding even trying to turn the ship is painfully slow (laggy). I have asked others in-game if anyone else has noticed this change to make sure it wasn't just me. Some have said yes. And on frame rates, I also have even tried changing graphics to the very lowest setting from next to lowest and while the frame rates have bumped up from 32 to 47 now (still not great I know). But even doing that has not solved the laggy problems in-game

Today, I have restored a full backup of my computer took on the 18 Jan before the server crash to try and see if that solves the problem (not yet done and tested), has something maybe gone wrong on my end. The game was always okay to play, even with next to lowest graphics setting used before the crash only getting 32 FPS. But now, even using the very lowest setting and getting better 47 FPS is not making any difference with the game still being laggy

My internet connection is the same as before the crash, ping is 32ms. So I cannot put my finger on why it seems playing now since that crash last week is resulting in nothing but  laggy games all the time

Players
25 posts
1,230 battles
On 1/30/2019 at 11:04 AM, MrConway said:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

Please attach a replay if relevant!

1. WGC is updated, game will not go past the "Logging in..." phase.

2. I have 2 instances, both updated to EU server/cleint standards. Non worked. Also, I have performed Verify Integrity on both.

3. N/A, as game did not connect fully

4. To be able to connect fully, and resume game play

5. After update of 0.8.0 via WGC.

Players
2 posts
12,258 battles

I'm having trouble loading into game where the client freezes while port is loading, or if i manage to get into game the client freezes after a battle when port is loading

[AONO]
Players
30 posts
6,119 battles

1. Sound bug: at the beginning of a game, my client randomly(?) chooses an enemy ship, whose gun shots I will then hear as mine (in addition to mine) for the rest of the game, or until said enemy ship dies.

2. enter a game.

3. /

4. I don't want to hear enemy shots for an entire game

5. /

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles

Game Client closes when I exit the results screen.

Has done it 3 times today, no crash exception window is generated, just straight to desktop

Playing random battles, not as CV

No mods installed at the time.

GPU and CPU temperatures stable, no overclocks.

[BAD-B]
Players
742 posts
2,427 battles

Purchase discount from Clan base not applied to CVs ? I have only the Hosho available but there's not discount tag on it, also the discount is not class based but tier based.

Bug or feature ?

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,467 posts

1. Description
Grave key ( ` ) isn't recognised by game for control bindings. This appears on the UK keyboard layout, corresponding to the position of the tilde key ( ~ ) on the US keyboard layout, to the left of the 1 key. AA sector selection is bound to ` by default ( ~ on US keyboards) but cannot be used. Pressing the key produces no response from the game neither in the settings menu nor in battle.

2. Reproduction steps
Use UK keyboard. Try to bind ` to any control or try to use the AA sector selection in battle.

3. Result
No control functions can be bound to the grave key.
One of the default keybinds for AA sector selection cannot be used.

4. Expected result

Grave key to function the same as tilde.

5. Technical details
None.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
873 posts
4,667 battles

1. Description

Train in the premium dock is has some weird behavior.

2. Reproduction steps

Looking at the port

3. Result

The back wheel on the train is clipping through the ground.

4. Expected result

To obey the laws of physics. 

5. Technical details

Spoiler

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
2,228 battles

1. Description

US Carrier Enterprise has mismatched name to model of aircraft says F4U-1D Corsair but has F6F Hellcats on deck

2. Reproduction steps

select ship look at name and at aircraft

3. Result

name of aircraft doesn't match aircraft on the flight deck

4. Expected result

name should be the correct F6F hellcat not some corsair

5. Technical details

wrong fighter big e.png

• Cool 1

[DIME]
Beta Tester
1 post
8,328 battles

1. Description

Today i tested the new CVs. I started two Ranger battles. During flight the Planes fly unintentionally circles. I.E. a Torpedo run on a lone BB, just before drop, the planes decide to fly a circle. No Controls were hit. Aim is lost. Run is gone. 

2. Reproduction steps

It happens during flight, in two battles. No reproduction known. Saipan and Langley games in the same computer session were ok.

5. Technical details

No Crash occurs. Replay files are added

Added: In a new game i read the messags like "to much traffic on the server". In a game i  joined, i experienced a lot of lag. Possible reasons to much server load. The same Problem can occur in the Ranger games, setting the Planes for some seconds on idle mode.

20190131_195014_PASA106-Ranger_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

20190131_200356_PASA106-Ranger_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

[TRRC]
Players
508 posts

Description: Played Riujo in co op late afternoon ok. Now tried to play a Random but the countdown freeze. Can't see anything a part from gui....

Restarted the game, same story just GUI no minimap no 3D (see pict). Restarted pc, restarted game, integrity check: Ok, everything getting slow enen entering the Port after login....

2019-01-31_22h16_54.thumb.jpg.dfc77b53a3fba4ecb15c16e5439e9de9.jpg

[BOTZ]
Players
10 posts
3,604 battles

Hello everyone,

just came home, started the update.

Ready to start the game, click on Play, the game exit and gives me the screen attached.

1. Description

Following the new update, the game does not start anymore

2. Reproduction steps

I open WOWS game, I am on initial screen, updated done, orange button PLAY is available, I click, the game exits and the attached screen pop up

3. Result

Can't play not even access to the port

4. Expected result

the game should launch

5. Technical details

See the attached screenshot.

I play on MAC

Thanks a lot.

Best, 

Schermata 2019-01-31 alle 23.06.23.png