You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Fly Strike Win Event

12 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles

Captains, 

Please leave any feedback on the new "Fly Strike Win" Event here.

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles

One word: Solid!

A few more words: I do like the setup of these Event chains that you've setup since the RN DDs. I do find it a bit annoying that previous directives can't be completed after a directive has run out (not the case her - fortunately). The tasks are good (lots of variation). Same for the rewards. What I particularly like about those is, that the 'premium ship task' (in this event for Anshan, LoYang, HuangHe and Irian) doesn't offer any superstar rewards. This reduces greatly any bad feelings of players that don't have these ships. It's a neat bonus and of course one task more for the overall mission chain, but nothing that makes you feel you've missed out.

Good job!

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

I'm beginning to feel mission fatigue. We had the RN DD event, then the PEF event and now the Lunar New Year shortly after the Leningrad mission chain, it never stops. I appreciate there's no compunction to complete these missions but it'd be nice if I could log in and play rather than seeing a dozen missions pop up clamouring for my attention. Free stuff is always welcome, it's probably something in my approach to the game that makes it hard to resist completing missions. 

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
1,090 posts
14,212 battles

Its great, really I like it when there is something to do and win especially if it can be done without jumping through hoops

[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
72 posts
7,316 battles

Compared to PEF, these are just too damn easy. 15 Haku games to complete all of the first 2 directives apart from the anshan/loyang etc ones.

Players
1,730 posts

I finished it  today. Fortunately I could do it in coop. 

Random is such a desaster since the CV rework.

• Boring 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
5,361 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 9:26 AM, Strappster said:

....I'm beginning to feel mission fatigue. ....

Ditto here - it seems to have been nothing but constant events and missions for the last 9 months or so.

But, on topic:-

To be honest, simple, straightforward and actually easy, perhaps too easy...

For me such events should stretch players to achieve something or learn something about how to be better players - stick and carrot - finish the event and get something 'decent' (very subjective I know).

Most of the recent events have been something you can complete in ordinary gameplay without even really trying - with some selective ships thrown in, eg for torp/secondary hits etc.

I appreciate that the 'challenge' may be considered to be within the 'hall of fame' part, but that is more grind than 'achieve' - if the number of games to be included was limited, with balancing for tier disparity, then it would be truly 'competitive', but then it would remove most players from contention. So a tough choice to make.

Overall, it was more of a 'oh it's there' than a 'wow'.

ps No flying needed to complete the event, so a bit of a misnomer?

[TRDNZ]
Players
7 posts
550 battles

I like it but why is it reset ? im back to the first step. Yesterday i was ending the second one. 

Thanks. 

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles

Ok, I'll have to add a bit of salt.

You presumably want people to try the new CVs.

If you're new to CVs,  you're in for a rather long grind at T4, because there's no T5.

And of course, all of the events going on require T5+ ships... :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[COMA]
Players
154 posts
7,305 battles

Who asked you to remove the Scenario battle type from Asian ships tasks of the current step of the event?

Bring it back ASAP FFS!!!

I'm not willing to play any random battle with CVs and AA ship(t) you have testing on live server.

Players
287 posts
11,879 battles

Is it too much to ask to have the deadline for each stage shown somewhere prominent on the directives page? It's not even made clear in-game that the event is time-limited.