You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

New CVs

920 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,386 posts
2,319 battles

Captains, 

Please leave any feedback on the newly introduced CVs in this thread.

As the changes are far reaching please try to structure your post clearly, especially when providing feedback on individual ships or mechanics - this will help to compile it for our developers.

For detailed information on the rework, please consult the portal articles below:

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,380 battles

My COOP cv running test and I must say that AA is insane on that bot.

image.thumb.png.04a32f93829928ac0d4b63d4cf329633.png

Also

Why in COOP there aren't any single enemy CV bot?

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
987 battles

Played in coop, torp planes could not even get close, dive bombers could not even get close, rocket planes could not even get close.

What is the point of the new CV's if you can't even battle with them?????

• Cool 7

Players
26 posts
3,415 battles

Where are the captains of the removed carriers ? I can't find them in my barracks to re-use them in other ships ? I had some very skilled captains were I put lots of effort and time in it but they seem to be removed completely ?!?!?

I want them back and if that's not possible then I'm not motivated anymore to continue the game. It's not fair that all your efforts can vanish by the next update. For me, it's deinstall and bye bye.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
13,559 battles

The planes die to quicklie...the interest to play whith cv its very low...sry for your work but...……….

• Cool 2

Players
296 posts
13,813 battles

Here is my feedback so far.

First of all, let me tell you what kind if player I am.
I am not really a CV player, I tend to like Destroyers and Battleships the most but lately I have started enjoying Cruisers more and more.

I almost never play carriers.
I would still sometimes take my T6 or T7 carrier out for a spin in a random battle.
My Hakuryu and my Midway have only been used in Coop because I always felt that I lacked the skill to play them in random, I simply did not want to let my team down by bringing my lack of skill to the battlefield.

That is why I only do COOP with my tier 10 carriers.

So, that is essentially what I did after this patch.

I played my 2 Tier 10 carriers in a coop match with each ... and well.. The midway was more fun than the Hakuryu and that was that.

I noticed that no enemy bots played CV's , possibly because you don't have any AI built for that yet.

However.

And this is the very bad part.

I took my "new" T6 Ranger out for a spin in a random battle.

First of all I am extremely surprised that 5 torpedo planes can launch a maximum of 2 torpedoes TOTAL per launch.

But most of all.

The sheer AA power on the battle field makes it impossible to enjoy the match at all.

There is an EXTREME unbalance in terms of AA power versus Planes right now at lower tiers.

All AA-Opted cruisers end up in the top of the score board for the most part and the carriers mostly always end up at the bottom.

Normally I would rage at something like this but hey, I am not a CV player, I personally hate carriers and think they should never have been introduced to this game, so I am happy for that.

But still, the logic here makes no sense.

Wasn't it also your intention to make it "easier" for all players to play carriers?
To balance out the skill gap?

Right now the only thing you are really excelling at is scaring away players from playing carriers at lower tiers.

And as a direct result preventing any player from playing the carrier lines.

You did succeed in making it harder for carriers to become super-overpowered as they could be before the patch.

You did succeed in preventing carriers from focus-firing on destroyers.

You did succeed in preventing carrier players from being able to deal "Death"-strikes , (no, not dev-strikes, not devastating strikes, DEATH-Strikes)

For that I am eternally greatful.

But I fear you killed the carriers entirely.

The amount of tweaking needed for this is humongous.

Best Regards

Me

• Cool 8

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,337 posts
4,041 battles

After being used to have to be on the ball playing CV with lots of things to do... its now very boring... so went as a non CV and the utter chaos in the game.   Hope it does not kill the game :/

• Cool 3

Players
296 posts
13,813 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Breeze said:

Thx WG for ruining dd play FS.

Please explain.

• Funny 3

[B0TS]
Players
131 posts
12,455 battles

@Rowboat_Cop Full AA built Fletcher was useless and was focused. The rest of the dd's both friendlies and enemies died first. You may say that's quite normal in a random. I will say you must be a CV player.

Players
296 posts
13,813 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

Full AA built Fletcher was useless and was focused. The rest of the dd's both friendlies and enemies died first. You may say that's quite normal in a random. I will say you must be a CV player.

I just wanted you to explain in details what you meant.

So that you are helpful instead of not helpful to the feedback thread.

No need to insult me by calling me a cv player.

/me

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[B0TS]
Players
131 posts
12,455 battles

Sorry @Rowboat_Cop, no offence meant, I'm just used to smart arse reply's from many on this forum so was pre-emting it mate. I'm just a little disappointing, I love the game, but very upset by this update.

• Cool 1

[MIRKO]
[MIRKO]
Players
68 posts
7,645 battles
6 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

0.8.0 has killed WoWS for me, due to a lethal combination of a ruined PvP-experience due to carrier-infestation, bland carrier gameplay, a mangled PvE-experience due to non-symmetrical matchmaker and the culling of over half of the operations and a mutilated Ranked season with the Arms-Race mode no-one asked for being shoved down our throats. Oh, and more time-gated content to top it all off.  

I'm going to sit this iteration of the game out, with a sporadic ranked or Co-Op battle every now and then. This is not the WoWS I signed up for nor that I was happy to spend time in, this is a mere spook of what once was "great with its own small flaws".

Amen to that. This game suddenly became a piece of crap with this update. I can't point out a single positive change it brought. And the CV + AA rework? A farce.
Gonna try playing in a 3-man division. If that still sucks, I'm unistalling this game for a long time.

• Cool 10

[DREAD]
Players
5,662 posts
5,188 battles

- General:  congrats - it’s live finally!!! And I really like it. Will need some further tweaking but I am positive on the overall thing!!

- Graf Zeppelin: I don’t like the fact you removed the Ju 87s! While the new “go-faster” concept is somewhat fun - please bring back the JU 87 as an alternative loadout. Be it a slower but more durable alternative or HE bombs or whatever. A GZ without Stukas is just lacking something really important 

- Balance: need to play much more to judge - certainly takes some practice now

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

Players
442 posts
1,592 battles

Three very brief initial thoughts:

1) sector reinforcement seems cumbersome; might be preferable to be able to still click a target and have AA focus follow it, if that makes sense.

2) it would feel more intuitive to have DefAA increase the number of explosions, rather than the damage they do

3) As several people mentioned in a separate thread under gameplay, non-overlapping AA auras are unintuitive and seems to have a slightly wonky effect on some AA ships. If would be more intutive if long-range still worked in mid-range, and mid-range still worked in short range, for example.

Still yet to take my DDs out, let's see what happens there...

• Cool 1

[SLO]
Players
1 post
3,704 battles

I have a question:

During the Halloween event, I found the Great Gorgon camo. But I never reached the tier 8 IJN CV, I only managed to reach tier 6.

Now, I plan to refund the tier 6 IJN CV and start over with them from tier 4. 

So, what will happen to the Great Gorgon camo? Will it remain in my inventory, or will it get refunded, even though I never had a tier 8 IJN CV to refund?

• Funny 1

[BEWBS]
Players
56 posts
10,179 battles

first taking out AA ships of tier 9 and 10 to see how the balance is working with actual players.
Montana and minotaur seem somewhat effective! noticed nightmares with Jean bart, Worcester they allreayd have problems with shokaku planes let alone the godmode midway planes that simply wont die!
aside of the new CV's and the AA rework wich needs much love the next problem is ships are perma spotted the full game lenght and that means no time to recover from floods and fires just non stop airstrikes and HE rapid spam!

This update is a true nightmare for AA ships let alone the ships that are less fortunate i don't even dare to play those poor ships. This also seems to make the teams very passive. no capping is being done if you have atleast 1 destroyer in your team that is....if it wont get killed instantly by 2 or 3 carriers with rockets in 2 flyby rocket attacks.
Reinforcing AA sector to one side does not seem to be effective at all!

this needs to be adressed fast 0.8.0 is the most terrible release so far. nad as was being stated by the playerbase this rework is not ready not even remotely beta! this is very early alpha level content...

• Cool 4

Players
5 posts
987 battles

You need to do something.  I have sold my CV as it is now useless.  Only current players with level 9 or 10 CV's will be able to still use them.

Any new player will not be able to score any damage and upgrade their CV in any way, shape for form.  The planes are just too weak against AA.  You lose whole squadrons way too easy. 

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
17 posts
8,711 battles

This one is a very bad fu*%up.... much worse than "the Rubicon" was in World of Tanks

please, do something! Cancel the recent update of refund the prem ships that became unplayable 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
106 posts
11,377 battles

Horrendous. T4 cv planes just disappear in seconds, T6 take 2 or 3 more seconds to disappear, T8 sometimes get to fly a couple of planes out the other side before they just go pooof!!! The damage done by these mind numbingly squishy planes? Abysmally low, considering how they vanish so rapidly. Cannot fathom how this was the best WG could come up with.

I do however have a suggestion, put the CV`s(all of them) back to the way they were in 7.9 but keep the attack runs as they are now and tweak the numbers(plane HP AA dmg etc etc). Get rid of the pathetic drop 1/3 of armaments then come back for next 1/3 and then again for last 1/3(if they last that long). The AA "buff" to one side or the other is kind of ok, could do with a better UI, maybe just have two different keys for starboard and port instead of holding O and clicking a side.

In the meantime I have resold my CV`s as I have no interest in suffering through any more of the dire frustrating headache inducing tripe we have been served up with this patch.

Thanks for trying WG, but you get a 1 out of 10, and that's me being generous!

• Cool 5