Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

What is going on with WoWs?

91 comments in this topic

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles

First of... Abruzzi is meh? Should i have gotten that memo?

Than to "the list" and my 2 cents....

1. I do agree that it appears as a rushed rework, but i also can understand especially with regards to the PTS Games i played that the point is reached where you have to widen the size of sampled feedback now and have to go live....

2. Russia is still a core market for Wargaming, it always has been and always will be. I am not unhappy that a new BB Lines gets introduced to the game, generally i would be happy for more ships no matter what nation.

3. Azuma was downtiered and some added things removed to bring her back to her original state as she was planed (Funny that this paper ship is okay but russian BB paper ships ain't *shrug*) yet she still is a work in progress and now mounts BC Guns with Cruiser accuracy a good concealment. And let us not forget her current itteration is T9 now she goes through testing and feedback and than we will see what is what..

4. Same as Azuma, see what the testphase brings and then i'd discuss that.

5. I have written my opinion in the corresponding thread here in the forum, short version i agree this Bug feelt more natural than the fix applied.

6. I can at least see where they come from with ranked on the horizion and players having saved up for the vessel for a while. Not that i like it i can relate.

7. I agree with you this ranked is a real headscratcher at least for the mode, why t9 is clear cause no cv's..

8. It's not like someone forces you to buy her? Personally i am happy with my soviet sverdlov i allready own :)

9. ...!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,284 posts
9,776 battles
Vor 15 Minuten, Zen71_sniper sagte:

In terms of profit, frankly, I can't see how any of these decisions will make them a nice profit. 

Well, it's tough getting off the train once you got addicted.

QuickyBaby said they sold 5.5 million loot boxes in World of Tanks for Christmas. The WoWs Santa gift box sale was probably on the same order of magnitude.

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles

1. CV rework is rushed and it shouldn't hit live servers just yet. It either needs more time on test server or separate game mode on live one.

2. Fully agree here. I would much rather see some actual ships than made up ones. Italian cruiser line is waaay overdue.

3. When it comes to Azuma at tier 9... hmmm.. I actually don't think it's wrong or bad decision. It can work on tier 9, but without such an extended nerfs. She wasn't hit with nerf bat it was a wrecking ball.

4. I guess it over performed at tier 4 and rightly so, but Instead of tuning it to fit the tier, they moved it up. Dunno how to feel about it.

5. Everything was already said about this "fix", we know where community stand, we saw the poll, no need to further comment on this. Hopefully WG will make the only right decision regarding this.

6. It took them less time to test and release completely reworked CV gameplay than releasing a single ship. Really dunno whats the holdup when it comes to Alaska.

7. Finally a tier 9 ranked...only to be ruined by arms race mode. What a joke.

8. No interest whatsoever in Irian so won't comment on it.

Overall I can't say I'm mad or pissed about anything really. Except "gun bloom bug". I'll live thru CV rework, I can wait on alaska, probably won't touch arms race ranked... Non of the decision are game breaking or end of days for me.

Except "gun bloom bug" :Smile-angry:

• Cool 5

[PVE-D]
Players
128 posts
6,436 battles
11 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Well, it's tough getting off the train once you got addicted.

QuickyBaby said they sold 5.5 million loot boxes in World of Tanks for Christmas. The WoWs Santa gift box sale was probably on the same order of magnitude.

People with more money than brain cells are basically the problem here, not WeeGee. They just show use that "asset" to maximize profit. Much to the dismay of people with brain wanting a clear offer for a clear price, and not lootbox oxmanure.

Gave up on the "completitionist" attitude and will most likely only get future coal (and tech tree) ships. WG's premium ship policy is becoming ridiculous.

• Cool 8

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,039 battles
48 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

It is almost like WG is hell bent on making bad decisions almost daily. Some of the decisions have limited support from players, but most of them are totally loathed by the playerbase. 

1. Rushed and not properly balanced CV rework (vast majority of players unhappy). DDs will become close to unplayable. Yes, I have played it on PTS. 

2. Fantasy RU BB line instead of more credible and historical  Italian (CA, DD), French (DD), PanEuropean lines (most of the players unhappy)

3. Azuma downgrade to T IX after being hit by nerf bat 

4. VU uptiered to T V, becasue of.... reasons? This ship has history and you are turning it into some fantasy nonsense. By all other criteria, it belongs to T IV.

5. Gun bloom "bug" fix (vast majority of players unhappy) - no logic whatsoever in implementation of the "fix"

6. Alaska delayed, because of.... reasons?

7. Arcade style with magical buffs as a T IX ranked mode? Really?

8. Irian for 27K doubloons? Irian, the contender for the  most "meh" premium, together with Abruzzi, Terrible and FEP?

9. ....

Have they completely lost the plot?  WHY?

I can think of two possible reasons: to improve gameplay and to make profit.

In terms of the gameplay, the vast majority of forum members seem to agree that they are on a wrong track (rushing CVs, gun bloom, etc). So, fail.

In terms of profit, frankly, I can't see how any of these decisions will make them a nice profit.  

Well, I could be very wrong - it is my subjective observation only. On other hand, these changes might finally break my (costly) addiction :Smile_great:

1. agree
  2. We knew they would come since we started playing this game. They cannot ignore their RU customerbase. If you see that as a problem...
  3. Makes her easier to get. Good choice.
  4. Economic decision. Consider it problematic myself, but is not final 
  5. While not necessary, WG wants to fix bugs. Change would not be dramatic
  6. Never play all cards at once. They want to keep the hype train going. Just a bit more patience
  7. This game is arcade.... and WG got positive feedback for the mode
  8. That is not the final price.... and nobody is forced to buy her

Too much drama...

• Cool 2

Players
84 posts
3,758 battles

I agree with @The_Reichtangle with pretty much the entire statement.

CV rework you can balance things vs bots and expect people to be like they've tested for ages now it should be ok...they have to bring them into the game for player vs player.

More ships cool.

Irian prem ship, he it's meh but the bundle system is an odd one as you can get the ship from the first 15 create bundle which then you wouldn't need to get the others...right.

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,368 battles

Point 2 New ships always are welcome addition 

Point 7 I don't have a problem with , with arms race will be a nice change from the old boring domination and will spice things up for me

The rest is wg just shooting themselves in the foot. Not surprised

Players
1,708 posts
6,656 battles

It's all messed up mate. :cap_tea:

Some i agree with or don't mind, but the direction is all wrong. 

Tier 9 arms-race ranked? NO THANK YOU. It's like playing a cartoon. 

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
412 posts
9,290 battles

No force in the Universe can make me play t9 ranked in arms race, or arms race in particular.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
748 posts
15,690 battles

Just for the record

Point 2: I never said that they should not release RU BB line, but IMHO, the priority should be historical ships. (I do understand why it was done, though...)

53 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Too much drama...

Sad that you treat this discussion as a drama, but if it makes you happy - be my guest. :Smile_great:

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles

I can't say whether WG is right or wrong, but as a customer I'm not happy with the direction the game is going and will respond accordingly.

1 - While I believe that introducing the CV rework now is unhealthy, I will continue playing the game.

2 - I expected the RU server to get fanservice and I'm not bothered with it. What bothers me is the balancing of the line, I think that the ships will be released in a state that will be stronger than other comparable lines.

3 - The changes to Azuma killed my interest in her. I wanted a T10 ship, something interesting and worth going for. What WG is doing is creating an Ibuki on steroids, which is boring.

4 - Again, a death sentence. A pre-war design is forced into a tier with post-war designs and naval treaty ships. The uptiering of VU is a sign of professional incompetence, as WG should be able to balance it at TIV. And yes I feel strongly about that one.

5 - It's sad, that a "bug" was one of the best features introduced to the game.

6 - The best way to disappoint and kill interest is to continue delaying. This ship could have been released for Christmas, with 1 month of live data already here. I start to think that WG wants to nerf the ship more compared to Kronshtadt.

7 - I'm going to give Ranked a good old academic try. I have several T9 DDs I'm grinding and it might be what the doctor ordered.

8 - KRI Irian was a real ship, with a Cold War story (RIP Lionel Crabb). I expect the ship to get a proper model and skin when the update drops, as it uses the Kutuzov model. I have no interest in it.

9 - I want to address the tiering of premiums, beyond VU. Ships like Exeter and Leone are clearly on wrong tiers, suffering from it as Leone has to be gimmicked and improved beyond what she was, and Exeter has to be weakened. It's something that will keep me from buying them. I would have loved to buy both ships, but as it stands I won't.

I'm very unhappy with how the game develops and as a whale I'm less and less likely to continue spending money. I have enough premium, silver, and ships, not to care about buying anything for a long time.

• Cool 6

[BGBRD]
Players
277 posts
9,318 battles
7 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Sad that you treat this discussion as a drama, but if it makes you happy - be my guest. :Smile_great:

Unfortunately you present it as such... I agree with you on some things (CV-rewark and Arms race), the rest is just exaggerated "the end is upon us" and "I wont get all new toys at once... and i have to wait some more for them"... but if dramatisation makes you happy - be your guest. 

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
17 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Just for the record

Point 2: I never said that they should not release RU BB line, but IMHO, the priority should be historical ships. (I do understand why it was done, though...)

I assumed as much. But i really think that is kind of fan service for the CIS Server at this Point. 

And i can understand that.

[OCTO]
Players
748 posts
15,690 battles
2 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

Unfortunately you present it as such... I agree with you on some things (CV-rewark and Arms race), the rest is just exaggerated "the end is upon us" and "I wont get all new toys at once... and i have to wait some more for them"... but if dramatisation makes you happy - be your guest. 

OK, I get you.

Maybe it did come out as a drama, but -  nah, it was not intended to be "sky is falling, woe upon us" post. 

GL and HF

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
2 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

1. Rushed and not properly balanced CV rework (vast majority of players unhappy). DDs will become close to unplayable. Yes, I have played it on PTS. 

They need the live data to balance this further - shame I won't be around, since there's ranked battles.

2. Fantasy RU BB line instead of more credible and historical  Italian (CA, DD), French (DD), PanEuropean lines (most of the players unhappy)

GER BB line is also pretty paper (plus the unhistorical refits of WW1 ships)...same with some UK ships and even the t10 US. Looking forward to those BBs tbh.

3. Azuma downgrade to T IX after being hit by nerf bat 

That ship is in testing and they test it (or did I miss something?).

4. VU uptiered to T V, becasue of.... reasons? 

Yeh, she's too slow for that...but the New York isn't any better and has way shittier armor - so, I guess it's fine.

5. Gun bloom "bug" fix (vast majority of players unhappy) - no logic whatsoever in implementation of the "fix"

Agreed...but from their dev's standpoint it was a bug indeed. So I can understand how this happened. I'm sure they will reconsider this.

6. Alaska delayed, because of.... reasons?

Most likely they don't want all the fxp from CVs to go directly into the Alaska purchases...you know, money reasons. 

7. Arcade style with magical buffs as a T IX ranked mode? Really?

Whole game is arcade...also, ranked battles never were serious/competitive but just smaller random teams than usual.

8. Irian for 27K doubloons? Irian, the contender for the  most "meh" premium, together with Abruzzi, Terrible and FEP?

Don't buy her.

• Cool 2

Players
58 posts
761 battles

I imagine they'll reap a profit by players buying gold to change the skills of the Captain and buying extra credits to change the build of their ships. Both these things can be worked at over time, but I think there'll be a lot of 'instant fixes' attempted that in the players mind that require throwing some cash at the problem. This is how WoT both causes and fixes problems, they create a problem, say an OP tank or tech tree, then to balance it they create another problem in releasing an opposing OP tank that players also need. WoT fixed a problem where arty could kill you reliably too easily, so they invented the stun mechanic, and reaped the rewards when players realised they now ideally needed large repair kits at greater cost.

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
29 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Yeh, she's too slow for that...but the New York isn't any better and has way shittier armor - so, I guess it's fine.

Let me point something out. The New York in the game, in its final form, represents the 1926 refit. That one added 3k long tons to her displacement, as the ship was considered obsolete by then and really needed upgrades. Texas represents the 1942 refit. So there is no comparison between the New York and Viribus Unitis, as VU sank in 1918 in her original form. To make VU viable for t5 she would need a completely fictional refit a la König, which would be pure fiction as by then neither Hungary nor Austria had any shipyards or fitting armaments.

25 minutes ago, 250swb said:

I imagine they'll reap a profit by players buying gold to change the skills of the Captain and buying extra credits to change the build of their ships.

You do know that when the patch drops all AA upgrades will get demounted for free and skill resets for captains will be free for a week?

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles

I don't see anything wrong here. WG has obligation to RU playerbase too. Also it is not like Soviet BBs would be the only line we will get this year. You have no idea do they have issues with obtaining documentations for all those lines you listed. There could be other reasons for delaying Italian line.

4. VU uptiered to T V, becasue of.... reasons? This ship has history and you are turning it into some fantasy nonsense. By all other criteria, it belongs to T IV.

Watching Flamu playing VU, this ship looked insane tanky. Flamu intentionally showed full broadside to enemy BB only to receive relatively small damage. If with 1.5 sigma her stats were too strong for T4 that means that her protection, maneuverability and concealment were really too good. Sure some of this could be tweaked but question is would ship than be fun to play.

I don't think this decision has anything with history, just balance problems.

[JRM]
Players
1,090 posts
14,194 battles

VU at t5 has some sence from gameplay pow, basically noone is playing t4 and below on a daily basis simply couse it does not count for daily missions so its a waste of time ie you only play it if you really really like that t2-3-4 ship (hardly) or are statpadding

Players
902 posts
11,126 battles

...and even if someone were to draw up a comparison between NY and VU, I dare to say nobody in their right mind plays the New York beyond the grind, and that's a silver ship!

This is from where my problem stems with the T5 VU. I'm not even saying it won't work, it might - let WG pull their bullsh*t on her enough times and she will, I'm fairly certain. It will just not be fun to play her in T5, T6, let alone T7 with that speed and HP,  not in a way that justifies the cost. I'd take a mediocre T4 ship all day over that. It's just a shame, really, I couldn't give less sh*t if WG makes for example the Radetzky-class a depression-inducing port queen dust-collector, but what we are talking about is the first and arguably the most popular A-H ship class.

On the other hand I have to admit, my cynicism smiles through the clouds thinking that apparently the bloody Stabilimento Technico Triestino built a ship specifically for the Adriatic sea, but still to be able to take on the Nagato. Or at least the New Mexico. :Smile_teethhappy:

In the end it will still totally worth it I guess, in T5 players will be able to farm a metric ton of more credits than in T4, indeed.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
5,361 battles

VU at T5 is where she belongs (with her contemporaries), if she has quirks, then that makes her stand out, which can only be good for variety.

You missed submarines from your list of gripes :) [These will probably kill the game for me if they get into 'normal' modes]

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,039 battles
4 minutes ago, philjd said:

VU at T5 is where she belongs (with her contemporaries), if she has quirks, then that makes her stand out, which can only be good for variety.

You missed submarines from your list of gripes :) [These will probably kill the game for me if they get into 'normal' modes]

Her current iteration is an unmodified ship from 1911.

ALL BB on Tier V are more modern than that. 

If the unmodified Version is Tier V, you would have to put the refit at Tier VI.

Sign in to follow this