Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lea_Flamma

Radio Location - accuracy?

2 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
569 battles

Hi there.

You have helped me greatly in sorting out through my IJN Destroyer Captain Skills. Now I come to you with a question somewhat related to it.

You see, I have a Japanese Captain with Radio Location and found troubles understanding its information.

I noticed during a recent game, that the bearing was pointed in approximate direction of a detected enemy ship. But it was not perfectly aligned towards its center of mass. So I assumed, I am facing a DD as well. As it later turned out, I was wrong about that.

After a search through the forums, I stumbled upon the idea, that it only shows the centre of the square in which the enemy vessel currently is. But there was no confirmation on that topic yet.

Could someone shed some light on the exact function of the bearing marking and how does it exactly point towards enemy vessels?

[SSA]
Players
602 posts
16,543 battles

It only gives you the direction in terms of a sector of relative heading (say e.g. ~0°-45° wr. to your camera direction)

The heading is purposely kept vague to make sure you can't extract exact information about what the closest enemy is doing and you have to make educated guesses.

Otherwise that skill would be completely and utterly broken.

Sign in to follow this