You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spithas

Detectability Penalty Change in 0.8.0

Detection Change Preference  

1,767 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to keep the current concealment debuff mechanics or revert back to the old mechanics as WG intends to with 0.8.0?

• Current mechanic (Debuff ends once line of sight is broken)
    • Old mechanic (Debuff stays for full 20 sec duration regardless of line of sight loss)

470 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
18,317 posts
11,933 battles

If smoke counts for that, ships in smoke have to stop shooting 20s before smoke dissipates.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[-TWA-]
Players
885 posts
12,113 battles

@ColonelPeteDon't see why it shouldn't the way it's worded this is actually not reverting the change back to what it was... it's making it worse than ever.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,096 battles
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If smoke counts for that, ships in smoke have to stop shooting 20s before smoke dissipates.

I do believe someone from WG had given a comment that indeed yes that would be the case.

Nope, I misrembered, move along citizens!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,672 posts
10,439 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

@MrConway that cannot be intended right ?

It would be ridiculous. Not only thinking about short RN DD smokes here, but also about the lacking transparency and the overall "wrong" feeling of something like that.

• Cool 3

[-TWA-]
Players
885 posts
12,113 battles
4 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I do believe someone from WG had given a comment that indeed yes that would be the case.

Holy mother of jebus.... what has gotten into WG's minds the last 2 months. Why are they making every possible mistake they can make?

• Cool 16
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
5,679 posts
7,038 battles

What the [edited]is wrong with WG. They dont [edited]care what their playerbase wants. They want to enforce their way on how to play the game upon the players... that doesnt work and will destroy the game. (basicly the same nonsense for the CE change... yeah BBs will totaly ignore CE because it gives only 10%. WG is [edited]stupid)

3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

:cap_fainting:

Some ships will become basicly unplayable with that change. Or they are nerfed so hard thats extremely unfun to play them.

Need severe shitstorm please... thats totaly unacceptable imo.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

Players
4,085 posts
7,389 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I refuse to believe that. Just no. They can not be THAT stupid.

• Cool 5

[-TWA-]
Players
885 posts
12,113 battles

@MrConway please communicate to the responsible people that this "issue" was one of the few universally well accepted changes in the past year. 

• Cool 18
  • Boring 1

[-RDE-]
Players
168 posts
16,324 battles

does this mean ppl hiding behind islands while spamming he will now be spotted?

[_FK_]
[_FK_]
Beta Tester
512 posts
10,051 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I disagree ,i believe they can be that stupid as their track records over years of development have proven.

• Cool 9

[W-C]
Players
670 posts
3,388 battles
12 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Actually, i think it was only if they were spotted whilst firing.

IIRC, the 'new' mechanic will be (changes in bold):

Shoot>Detection Range Blooms>If unspotted after 3 secs bloom resets. No change

Shoot>Detection Range Blooms>Get spotted>Hide behind island (breaking LoS to all red ships)>wait for 20 seconds for bloom to reset

Shoot>Detection Range Blooms>Get spotted>Pop Smoke(breaking LoS to all red ships)>Smoke firing bloom range activates>wait for 20 seconds for bloom to reset

I may be wrong on this though

Edited by Rusty_9

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,354 posts
1 minute ago, humpty_1 said:

If they remain behind that island until 20 seconds after they have fired their last shell they won't. If they get in line-of-sight 19 seconds after they fired their guns, they will be spotted for 1 second over their maximum range.

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
7,389 battles
1 minute ago, humpty_1 said:

Only if an enemy obtains line of sight within the firing range of you within 20 sec after you stopped shooting. So if you stop shooting and plan to leave you island cover - you need so wait 20 sec. Because else you will be spotted. If nothing has direct line of sight to you, you wont be spotted while shooting from behind an island. That doesnt chance.

[ONE2]
Players
2,824 posts
16,502 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

UHOH...:cap_wander_2: Got the world's most famous last words just right on the first try eh?:Smile_veryhappy: Oh well, if that's true then maybe it IS indeed about time to take a break from WoWs until the next patch.:cap_old: Luckily the newest edition of Total War will be coming out soon. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,236 posts
8,173 battles

So one of the great changes we had back then is now reverted back to the prior state and treated as an issue? Well, can't have nice things in WG-wonderland :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 7

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,096 battles

Nevermind I misremembered, everyone put down the torches and pitchforks, this one was on me:

• Funny 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,237 posts
12,237 battles

I would quite like a bit more clarification on this before I dust off the old pitchfork.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[-TWA-]
Players
885 posts
12,113 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Nevermind I misremembered, everyone put down the torches and pitchforks, this one was on me:

That only means the change doesn't go Full Retard. But it's still a bad change reverting back to a situation which the majority consider worse than what we have now. The big question remains... WHY?

• Cool 13

Players
4,085 posts
7,389 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I will still test in Co-op or Trainingroom before I trust it :Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,096 battles
1 minute ago, Spithas said:

That only means the change doesn't go Full Retard. But it's still a bad change reverting back to a situation which the majority consider worse than what we have now. The big question remains... WHY?

At this point the only answer to that is me shrugging and trying not to think too hard about it.

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,237 posts
12,237 battles
1 minute ago, Spithas said:

That's how I interpreted the change anyway. Which is that once you fire, you have to mentally count to 20 despite you being hidden behind an island or something.

The current situation just seems so intuitive and makes so much sense.

• Cool 6