Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Boom

Fixing secondary targeting

5 comments in this topic

Players
31 posts
4,584 battles

Hello,

can we please reverse the secondary targeting change from years ago? The change was done because devs thought that AP secondaries become more valiable when they could citadel ships at close range but instead all secondaries lost effectiveness because they shatter at the belt the closer you get. Especially since every secondary battery shoots HE now. It's stupid that secondaries are more effective at medium range than at close range.

Additionally, could you please(for goodness sake) fix the targeting onto faster ships? I mean there were always problems. A ship border humps: Shells fly outside of border. A fast ships drives around you at all ranges km: shells fall behind.

Secondary builds are already far too expansive for what it is worth.

Thanks in advance.

MfG Boom

• Cool 8

[SHAD]
Players
400 posts
4 hours ago, Colonel_Boom said:

Hello,

can we please reverse the secondary targeting change from years ago? The change was done because devs thought that AP secondaries become more valiable when they could citadel ships at close range but instead all secondaries lost effectiveness because they shatter at the belt the closer you get. Especially since every secondary battery shoots HE now. It's stupid that secondaries are more effective at medium range than at close range.

Additionally, could you please(for goodness sake) fix the targeting onto faster ships? I mean there were always problems. A ship border humps: Shells fly outside of border. A fast ships drives around you at all ranges km: shells fall behind.

Thanks in advance.

MfG Boom

Yes it would be nice for them to shoot at centre mass rather than waterline.

I would like full manual control but i suppose having a battleship with 580,000 dpm as well as 300,000 dpm main guns and a a humans aim might be a little too strong....

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,857 battles
5 hours ago, Colonel_Boom said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

MfG Boom

Agreed! I would probably have them aim for the center deck. It really does make no sense that secondaries become weaker the closer you get :Smile-_tongue:

It shouldn't even break balance between classes either, cause vs cruisers its not that big of a deal, and vs dds it doesnt matter. It would just make secondary builds more viable vs battleships, which would be nice :Smile_smile:

[HUN]
Players
228 posts
2,291 battles

If we're at secondaries, it would be also nice to change the manual secondaries skill so that secondaries on the other side of the ships would also fire at other enemy ships, but of course without the bonus. Just like in case of manual AA, if no aircraft is selected, the AA still works without the bonus.

As secondary builds are underpowered anyway, and as firing without the bonus won't do any significant damage anyway, I don't think such a change would make a secondary build overpowered. And if it did, we could reduce the bonus from 70% to 65% to compensate.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
400 posts
9 hours ago, Praevasc said:

If we're at secondaries, it would be also nice to change the manual secondaries skill so that secondaries on the other side of the ships would also fire at other enemy ships, but of course without the bonus. Just like in case of manual AA, if no aircraft is selected, the AA still works without the bonus.

As secondary builds are underpowered anyway, and as firing without the bonus won't do any significant damage anyway, I don't think such a change would make a secondary build overpowered. And if it did, we could reduce the bonus from 70% to 65% to compensate.

That’s been brought up so many times. It works for manual AA so I’d be surprised if they can’t do it.

Sign in to follow this