You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.0. Prepare for Takeoff! - Discussion Thread

270 comments in this topic

[POP]
Players
168 posts
3,287 battles

How about info of new AA skills? Ah nvm, how to tune article included the skills.

[JUNK]
Players
5 posts
7,813 battles
  • Fixed an issue which immediately removed a detectability penalty applied to a ship after firing its main guns if the ship was not in the target's line of sight. In Update 0.8.0, the penalty will work for 20 seconds irrespective of whether the target enemy sees the firing ship or not.

Does this mean that if I shoot from behind an island and move out <20 seconds later, I get spotted from my maximum gun range? If so, this doesn't make any sense in any way and is a MAJOR change, not a minor "issue" that is being "fixed". Gun barrels are so hot I can be seen from max range for 20 seconds after firing?

• Cool 21

[BODEM]
Players
103 posts
4,568 battles

No describtion what's the possible content of the Lunar containers. I se in the vidthat anshan is obtainable, but that's it.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts
3,675 battles

0.8.0 in a nutshell

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,408 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, FukushuNL sagte:

No describtion what's the possible content of the Lunar containers. I se in the vidthat anshan is obtainable, but that's it.

at least for the premium version you can find the possible content in the pictures:

One slot with one of

- Anshan, Huanghe, Loyang or Irian

- Lunar Ney Year Perma Camo for Anshan, Huanghe, Loyang or Irian

- One of the following camos: Spring Sky, Asian Latern, Mosaic, Type 59, Lunar Warrior

- Choice between doubloons, premium time, FreeXP

I guess the single camo will be the "standard" content, so many buyers of the 15 container bundle will pay 8888 doubloons for only 15 camos :Smile_sceptic:...

• Cool 5

[HOME]
Beta Tester
35 posts
6,777 battles

"Fixed an issue which immediately removed a detectability penalty applied to a ship after firing its main guns if the ship was not in the target's line of sight. In Update 0.8.0, the penalty will work for 20 seconds irrespective of whether the target enemy sees the firing ship or not."

Why? If the enemy can't see you, why should your ship remain spotted?
Unless I'm completely misreading this and it only happened when a ship you were actually targeting couldn't see you but other ships could. But if not a single enemy ship has line of sight there's no point in remaining spotted for another 20 sec.

• Cool 10

[BODEM]
Players
103 posts
4,568 battles
16 minutes ago, Constantijn2 said:

"Fixed an issue which immediately removed a detectability penalty applied to a ship after firing its main guns if the ship was not in the target's line of sight. In Update 0.8.0, the penalty will work for 20 seconds irrespective of whether the target enemy sees the firing ship or not."

Why? If the enemy can't see you, why should your ship remain spotted?
Unless I'm completely misreading this and it only happened when a ship you were actually targeting couldn't see you but other ships could. But if not a single enemy ship has line of sight there's no point in remaining spotted for another 20 sec.

I thought the same when I saw it. Shouldn't you be off them map when you hide behind an island? I mean, are psychic powers or special "see-through-mountains" visions a part of the game now too? Though radar works that way too.

Maybe every ship carries a special radar that only activates when someone was spotted just before he/she moves behind cover. And it only works for 20 seconds max, from the moment the enemy fired its main guns.  It's a very specific set of rules under which this radar works, but hey, it's WG :) 

Players
1,463 posts
15,166 battles

Your gun bloom always lasts 20 seconds but you are undetected when no one has line of sight. Example: You fire your guns and you are detected. You pass an island / smoke and go dark. In 7.12 your detection debuff instantly disappeared and you remained undetected after passing the island. In 8.0 you are detected unless you camp behind the island for 20 seconds.

Which is dumb imo, the so-called 'bugged' version makes more sense.

• Cool 13

Players
13 posts
6,179 battles

What?
Is this real or someone (Google) screwed up in the translation?

• Fixed an issue which immediately removed a detectability penalty applied to a ship after firing its main guns if the ship was not in the target's line of sight. In Update 0.8.0, the penalty will work for 20 seconds irrespective of whether the target enemy sees the firing ship or not."
  • Cool 2

Players
164 posts
7,372 battles

Fixed an issue which immediately removed a detectability penalty applied to a ship after firing its main guns if the ship was not in the target's line of sight. In Update 0.8.0, the penalty will work for 20 seconds irrespective of whether the target enemy sees the firing ship or not.

You better explain this WG... i hope it's just translated wrongly

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles
13 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Your gun bloom always lasts 20 seconds but you are undetected when no one has line of sight. Example: You fire your guns and you are detected. You pass an island / smoke and go dark. In 7.12 your detection debuff instantly disappeared and you remained undetected after passing the island. In 8.0 you are detected unless you camp behind the island for 20 seconds.

Which is dumb imo, the so-called 'bugged' version makes more sense.

So that makes the life of any cruisers which require island humping very difficult as of now I suppose... Rip Wooster ? 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
50 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

at least for the premium version you can find the possible content in the pictures:

One slot with one of

- One of the following camos: Spring Sky, Asian Latern, Mosaic, Type 59, Lunar Warrior

I guess the single camo will be the "standard" content, so many buyers of the 15 container bundle will pay 8888 doubloons for only 15 camos :Smile_sceptic:...

Yeah, not spending money on those boxes. Would have loved the camos for Anshan and LoYang, but I won't risk getting single consumable camos for my cash.

[WOWS]
[WOWS]
Players
225 posts
12,309 battles

20 sec rule change...

Pure progress... upside down... Nicely Hidden behind the GENERATED CV hype!

[LMAO]
Beta Tester
9 posts
1,342 battles

As someone who recently specced my Roma captain with the concealment buff, will I now have the option to redo his skills for free? - as you have done with the AA skills (allowing players that have the current AA skills and aircraft skills specced to reset the captain for free)

Most of my ships are fine, but I have a few BBs and CAs with the concealment buff which I would remove if the bonus was reduced to 10%

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
2,062 battles

So this update is basically to buff DDs even more, and make BBs lose even more concealment… And if you fire when seen, even thought you hide behind something you will still be spotted!?!?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,608 posts
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

One slot with one of

Yeah. Right now those containers sound like a horrible deal. If it really comes down to "Pay the equivalent of a tier VIII premium ship in doubloons for 15 single use camos", then the containers are the worst deal Wargaming has ever offered.

Could we get some clarification on the content @MrConway?

[-GG-]
Players
166 posts
10,929 battles

Operations Update

In light of the changes to aircraft carrier gameplay, some Operations were removed from rotation:

• Cherry Blossom
  • Operation Dynamo
  • Hermes

WUT ??????? :cap_wander:

You must be joking.

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
11 posts
2,686 battles

you'll still be concealed if no one has line of sight in these 20 seconds. means you can still stealth fire behind islands. you just wont disappear after firing your guns in the open and then hide behind an island

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
74 posts
5,352 battles

R.I.P. Worcester...

Solid nerf for all the CLs and gunboat DDs. I hope it is something wrong explained.