You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mediaman1111

Azuma 're-balanced' to Tier 9

98 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,499 battles

My favourite line is the Japanese and I was looking forwards to Azuma being the next Tier 10 supercruiser to counter Stalingrad, now they are 're-balancing' it to a Tier 9! 

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,499 battles

one accuracy buff does not equal out all the others nerfs its getting though,

and being MM against tier 10s

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,380 battles

On Azuma: "The removing of consumable “Hydroacoustic search” will emphasize the role of destroyers as one of the main opponents of large cruisers."

But other large cruisers have radar so ...  Azuma is unarmed vs DDs?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[-RT-]
Players
149 posts
7,196 battles

*edited*of the highest degree @Wargaming people ground steel missions over Christmas and another season of Clan Battle aids to ensure we'd have enough steel for the Azuma...

You realise that some people have no interest in Bbs, right? You realise that some people need end game content to keep them interested in your increasingly questionable game, right?

For the love of god, revert the Azuma to tier 10,balance her properly and let's not just have an increased HP Ibuki with crap concealment, no torps,no hydro and 60 second fire duration...

Do your dev team actually have the faintest idea how to balance a ship properly? Instead of this brain dead approach?

I'm disgusted 

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 7

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Noif said:

On Azuma: "The removing of consumable “Hydroacoustic search” will emphasize the role of destroyers as one of the main opponents of large cruisers."

Here's an image from testing, with a DD engaging the Azuma:

Spoiler

61886731-young-girl-at-an-outdoor-party-

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 15

[BOATY]
Players
632 posts
8,895 battles

The new change is a joke. 

When I read the title in dev blog post I thought... "Well, R. I. P Kronstadt and Alaska" but then I've read the changes... :fish_panic:

• Cool 2

[NKK]
[NKK]
Beta Tester
1,560 posts
8,017 battles

WG's developers are more useless and incompetent every day.

In the end they will stay only with a game they certainly do not like or understand.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
2,064 posts
2,244 battles
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

Well, I reckon she still has them 310 mm guns.

Sorry! :Smile-_tongue:

Your question is of course a valid one. And I haven't read the dev post you might be referring to. But supposing that you would have to choose between the Hydro and the Defensive AA consumables to begin with, would you really go for Hydro? In the upcoming, ahem, CV-rich environment?

[JRM]
Players
1,056 posts
14,085 battles

Those big guns are really not that good against dds acctually, they just relaod too long i d take smaller faster firing ones any day...

[TS1]
Players
569 posts
7,618 battles

Well, see it from the bright side. At least it won't increase the power creep. That's something, I guess?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[NKK]
[NKK]
Beta Tester
1,560 posts
8,017 battles
4 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Well, I reckon she still has them 310 mm guns.

Sorry! :Smile-_tongue:

Your question is of course a valid one. And I haven't read the dev post you might be referring to. But supposing that you would have to choose between the Hydro and the Defensive AA consumables to begin with, would you really go for Hydro? In the upcoming, ahem, CV-rich environment?

Do you really think there will be many carrier after the first few days?

The new mode  "for consoles " is absolutely repetitive, boring and disconnected (if that happens with too many players) of what happens in the battle.

Beta Tester
2,064 posts
2,244 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Those big guns are really not that good against dds acctually, they just relaod too long i d take smaller faster firing ones any day...

I agree. I have always preferred 152 mm guns to 203 mm guns when going after destroyers; the higher alpha damage and better fire chance of the 203:s is more useful when engaging cruisers and battleships with hit and run tactics. I would assume that the 310 mm guns on the Azuma work the same way. But I still wouldn't regard the her to be "unarmed", as such. I'd think twice before exposing any of my destroyers to firepower of that magnitude! :Smile_Default:

[TOXIC]
Players
1,236 posts
16,808 battles
6 ore fa, _Keepo_ ha scritto:

*edited*of the highest degree @Wargaming people ground steel missions over Christmas and another season of Clan Battle aids to ensure we'd have enough steel for the Azuma...

*edited*. WG never mentioned that Azuma will be sold for steel not her placement at T10 suggested that (look at Salem). And it is not like you don't have other options to spend steel or that your steel has some expiration date so unless you spend it you will loose it. 

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

Beta Tester
2,064 posts
2,244 battles
22 minutes ago, Timberjac said:

Do you really think there will be many carrier after the first few days?

The new mode  "for consoles " is absolutely repetitive, boring and disconnected (if that happens with too many players) of what happens in the battle.

I honestly haven't got the faintest idea. I've heard so many predictions about the effects of the new carrier gameplay, most of them in the negative. It's been so much that this negativity might actually work in the opposite way, in that reality can't possibly be as bad as the doomsday prophecies would have it.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
7,131 battles

I thought a lot of people liked the tier 10 Azuma?

Well fix what aint broken I guess....

oh wait Azuma shell weight and lack of torps is broken.. lets not fix that ey?

unknown.png

Isnt that what Japanese torps are for?

• Cool 3

[-RT-]
Players
149 posts
7,196 battles
6 ore fa, fumtu ha scritto:

*edited*. WG never mentioned that Azuma will be sold for steel not her placement at T10 suggested that (look at Salem). And it is not like you don't have other options to spend steel or that your steel has some expiration date so unless you spend it you will loose it. 

Give me those "other options" please... try to remember I don't play BBs (hate the gameplay)

[PNAVY]
Players
1,070 posts
30,283 battles
1 minute ago, Affeks said:

I thought a lot of people liked the tier 10 Azuma?

Well fix what aint broken I guess....

oh wait Azuma shell weight and lack of torps is broken.. lets not fix that ey?

unknown.png

Isnt that what Japanese torps are for?

It's a "large cruiser", And like the blog stated :-

The removing of consumable “Hydroacoustic search” will emphasize the role of destroyers as one of the main opponents of large cruisers.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,236 posts
16,808 battles
6 ore fa, _Keepo_ ha scritto:

Give me those "other options" please... try to remember I don't play BBs (hate the gameplay)

Not playing BBs is your choice. If Azuma is released for coal you can convert your steel if you don't have enough coal. Or wait for something else. But calling WG for something that they never even suggested but instead was only an assumption of some players*edited*

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles
6 ore fa, FishDogFoodShack ha scritto:

*edited* downtiering of IJN ships continues ...

With the associated nerfing of course.

[-RT-]
Players
149 posts
7,196 battles
6 ore fa, fumtu ha scritto:

Not playing BBs is your choice. If Azuma is released for coal you can convert your steel if you don't have enough coal. Or wait for something else. But calling WG for something that they never even suggested but instead was only an assumption of some players *edited*

Look, you can keep stirring with that troll spoon all you like, I ain't biting...

The fact is Azuma was announced as a T10 battle cruiser, nerfing it's tier is one of the laziest design decisions WG have made in a long time, you cannot argue that, instead of balancing her properly they make this retrograde step, I was looking forward to a ship that without needing ifhe could be a genuine counter to HIV, and Stalin, while also having good AA so it could have seen use in competitive, those roles are now gone, sadly so is one of the few things keeping people in this game, end game content 

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
335 posts
5,295 battles

my anime cruiser got nerfed must cry! meanwhile ships like khabarovsk, german destroyers and battleships have been completely powercreped to death. and dont you forget that you still have that broken harugumo and your izumo gets another buff while ships like huang he, roma, abruzzi struggle.... but yeah must over buff japan.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5