Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Brutal_Russian

Maximising rewards for returning player

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
3 posts
1,760 battles

So, I'm thinking about returning to the game after having not played since whenever Graf Spee was released, about 2 years apparently. I've found a few posts where people said they received premium ships like the Kidd, De Grasse and Giulio Cesare when they logged in after not having played for 6 months. I've also read that if you don't play for at least 3, you can activate a new player invite code and get another two ships while the other player also receives some rewards.

Is there anything else I'm missing that I can do to get more rewards? Can I influence which ships I get and whether I get them at all? I had received a couple of emails a year ago or so promising credits and free XP for returning to the game until a certain date which I missed. Have these been replaced with automatic premium ships? I know I've missed the New Years promotions - oh well.

Also, if there's a ~55+% WR player reading this that would like to send me an invite code and maybe play together sometime, that'd be cool with me :cap_like:

2 answers to this question

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,608 posts

You'll only get those premium ships if Wargaming invites you back via E-Mail.

I have no idea if the new player invite code will work for you. I heard both "It works" and "it doesn't work at all". If it works you'd get a Texas and a Diana along with a few other goodies. Should you be interested I could send you a PM with an invite code for you to try but you'd need to look for someone else to play with. My play time has become rather erratic due to issues with my hands.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,408 posts
6,223 battles

You have to distinguish between an invite code (such as distributed in events etc.) - if you already have a WG account, this is out.

However, the Invite a Friend link https://playtogether.worldofwarships.eu/ would work for you (and would net you Diana and Texas, eventually).

As to the special offers, those are done on various triggers and while the offer could be juicy, you generally get more stuff in game for free by playing rather than waiting for them to drop, so the best thing would be:

• Get someone to invite you,
  • Jump into the game after 0.8.0 to take part in the new batch of events (Lunar New Year, daily missions),
  • This would then get you ready for new tech tree arrival in the upcoming updates that is always accompanied by a lot of stuff to get.

Sign in to follow this