You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Taschkent_

So no Alaska in 8.0?

102 comments in this topic

Modder
1,649 posts
3,502 battles

Oh WG, I don't envy you*edited*that will come.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

[XODUS]
Players
772 posts
4,384 battles

*doesn't really care*

HMS EXETER WHEN? :cap_money:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles

They will probably sell it in the shop during the Ranked season. They always release a wanted premium during Ranked. 

Btw, according to reddit, the information is coming from the developer who got deleted by a GZ in his Bismarck and abused his dev-status to get revenge on the CV player. So we will have to wait for the official patch notes today. 

• Cool 4

[DPUK]
Players
61 posts
1,592 battles

I’ve grinded like a [edited] to get the xp for this and am currently at 980,000*edited*

Why pimp the bloody thing so much over the past few months, getting CC’s to do previews etc if it’s release was not imminent? And all for the sake of seeing how the CV rework is accepted?? 

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,079 posts
2,254 battles

Given the interest of avoiding any balance issues with new ships, it makes sense to wait and see how the new carrier rework turns out before releasing a new, top-tier free xp cruiser. So while I sympathize with the feelings of those of you out there who eagerly await the USS Alaska, I believe this is a good decision by Wargaming.

If there is an actual decision by Wargaming. Was this information based on an official communiqué?

Players
44 posts
14,839 battles

Seems reasonable. Launching semi-OP battlecruiser just at the new ranked season would be too much pay2win, right?

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,880 posts
7,150 battles

"Dear players!

American cruiser tier IХ Alaska is ready, will be available soon in game for 1 000 000 Free EXP."

So soon means more than 1 and a half months?

I think WG needs to use different wording here...

or they could just push back the CV rework, that way they get more time to balance it AND get the backlog of premiums out the door. Everybody would be happy

8 ore fa, koliber_1984 ha scritto:

Seems reasonable. Launching semi-OP battlecruiser just at the new ranked season would be too much pay2win, right?

or you know it would reward playing the game and spending your FXP wisely?

• Cool 8

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,053 battles

Well, that CV re-work will be EPIC fail anyway... A planes in a surface based game... Why WeeGee do not add helicopters to WoTs? 

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
Just now, Affeks said:

"Dear players!

American cruiser tier IХ Alaska is ready, will be available soon in game for 1 000 000 Free EXP."

So soon means more than 1 and a half months?

I think WG needs to use different wording here...

or they could just push back the CV rework, that way they get more time to balance it AND get the backlog of premiums out the door. Everybody would be happy

Never happen. CV rework is the hill WG have chosen to die on.

Having watched a few videos on the rework recently, I'm not so sure that the rework will necessarily make the sky fall, but the primary objective of removing or reducing the skill gap will be failed spectacularly. 

• Cool 9

[RO-RN]
Players
20 posts
9,809 battles

Those with 1.000.000 free XP on their account will curse this decision. Those with less, will say "yey, have more time to gather the free XP for it" :D.

Either the case is, what does it matter when it comes? Just play the game for fun, there are SO MANY fun ships in this game, why frustrate just for one ship? 

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
Just now, Reavermann said:

Those with 1.000.000 free XP on their account will curse this decision. Those with less, will say "yey, have more time to gather the free XP for it" :D.

Either the case is, what does it matter when it comes? Just play the game for fun, there are SO MANY fun ships in this game, why frustrate just for one ship? 

Because some of us (probably you, too, with 9k battles) are close to having ground out everything, or have already, and want some new stuff.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PORT]
Modder
1,529 posts
11,184 battles
15 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

[...]

Btw, according to reddit, the information is coming from the developer who got deleted by a GZ in his Bismarck and abused his dev-status to get revenge on the CV player. So we will have to wait for the official patch notes today. 

To be fair, that GZ-player had a long history of chat-toxicity. That time the insulted (and deleted) the wrong guy.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,079 posts
2,254 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Having watched a few videos on the rework recently, I'm not so sure that the rework will necessarily make the sky fall, but the primary objective of removing or reducing the skill gap will be failed spectacularly. 

I have heard other posters say much the same. It's a bit disheartening, to be honest. Is there anyone out there who actually believes the rework to be a step in the right direction? :Smile_amazed:

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,053 battles
3 minutes ago, Reavermann said:

Guess what... Those who do not have 1 mil free xp will have time to get it even after release... Which is pending for 200 days... The entire CV rework nonsense was announced and delivered in less time. 

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
2 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

To be fair, that GZ-player had a long history of chat-toxicity. That time the insulted (and deleted) the wrong guy.

And yet the onus was on the WG employee not to act like a complete douche canoe. He failed.

I'll wait for the patch notes. If there is no Alaska, then I'll spend the fXP on T9 DDs.

[RO-RN]
Players
20 posts
9,809 battles

Because some of us (probably you, too, with 9k battles) are close to having ground out everything, or have already, and want some new stuff.

OK, that's a valid argument. For me, even though I have 9k battles, believe me, I am so low on some of the ship lines: on French an Japan lines I am so low, for example on the French line I am only at T6. Still, I am not starving to advance on those lines, since I have so many other ships in which I can really enjoy the game.
The reason for that, is because many times I decided to play the game for fun, not for "advance in this line". So many times I came to my PC and I said: I want to have some fun, and choose to play the ships I most enjoyed at that time.
When advancing through a line, there is no much fun, because it takes at least 10-20 games in a ship just to LEARN that ship, and those games are no fun for me. After you learn the ship, you see you have enough XP to get the next ship in line, then start again to learn the new ship, and so on.

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
Just now, Reavermann said:

OK, that's a valid argument. For me, even though I have 9k battles, believe me, I am so low on some of the ship lines: on French an Japan lines I am so low, for example on the French line I am only at T6. Still, I am not starving to advance on those lines, since I have so many other ships in which I can really enjoy the game.
The reason for that, is because many times I decided to play the game for fun, not for "advance in this line". So many times I came to my PC and I said: I want to have some fun, and choose to play the ships I most enjoyed at that time.
When advancing through a line, there is no much fun, because it takes at least 10-20 games in a ship just to LEARN that ship, and those games are no fun for me. After you learn the ship, you see you have enough XP to get the next ship in line, then start again to learn the new ship, and so on.

Oh, I get that. I too play for fun, it's just that I advance when I can without sticking on any one ship too long. If I want to drop tiers I keep the ship I enjoyed, but I'm already onto the next one etc.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,172 posts
23,916 battles

What???? It will say no new ships for ½ a year....... Dosen't make sense at all. Just release the damn thing if its ready.

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

What???? It will say no new ships for ½ a year....... Dosen't make sense at all. Just release the damn thing if its ready.

I really don't see how - if the ship is ready and has been balanced - it can affect the balance of an update which is pending for CVs and planes only. I mean surely the AA values are the only concern and these should have been dealt with?

I think they're so desperate for us all to play CVs (imagine 23,000 people all trying to get a CV game) that they want that to be the focus.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,372 posts
6,032 battles

Having returned from a big break, I saved for and bought the Kronshtadt about 3 weeks ago before she vanished.  I've since regained about 240k free XP which is good progress I feel, but it will be a while before I'm Alaska ready.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,172 posts
23,916 battles

I really don't see how - if the ship is ready and has been balanced - it can affect the balance of an update which is pending for CVs and planes only. I mean surely the AA values are the only concern and these should have been dealt with?

I think they're so desperate for us all to play CVs (imagine 23,000 people all trying to get a CV game) that they want that to be the focus.

It would make more sense to release a new cruiser at the same patch with the CV rework.... Just to add more cruisers in the MM which probably would be extremely CV heavy otherwise