You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bergwolf

PEF Event

54 comments in this topic

Players
21 posts
4,297 battles

Ok, probably gonna get banned, but I am so extremly livid right now, I seriously do not care anymore. I am absolutely burned out by the PEF event, played nothing else but WoWs the last couple days and weeks, spent around 30 Millions to get ships of other nations while deleting existing ships to make room for them, just to finish the last chapter of this event. And then, with half a million to go in the last category with the 6th nation finally at the end, 1 hour of playtime left maybe.....the event just ended?

Deinstalling. Never going to touch this POS software ever again. Cheers guys and good bye.

• Funny 8
  • Boring 1

Players
875 posts
3,999 battles
11 minutes ago, Bergwolf said:

Ok, probably gonna get banned, but I am so extremly livid right now, I seriously do not care anymore. I am absolutely burned out by the PEF event, played nothing else but WoWs the last couple days and weeks, spent around 30 Millions to get ships of other nations while deleting existing ships to make room for them, just to finish the last chapter of this event. And then, with half a million to go in the last category with the 6th nation finally at the end, 1 hour of playtime left maybe.....the event just ended?

Deinstalling. Never going to touch this POS software ever again. Cheers guys and good bye.

You could have just bought a PEF for 20$ and finished quicker, you would have got 2000 extra steel as a reward AND 6800 doubloons compensation for already having the ship when you completed the event.

The ship itself is not worth the grind, PAY2WIN

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,357 posts
11,035 battles

It helps to look at the endtime and plan in advance. Doing an event blind, will lead to frustration.

WG gave you already much more extra time.

"In the Name of His Highness!" Event

Update 0.7.12 welcomes you with a new in-game event called "In the Name of His Highness!" that is scheduled to last for five weeks.

Event starts: Thu. 20 Dec. 09:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 20 Dec. 09:00
Event ends: Tue. 22 Jan. 05:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Tue. 22 Jan. 05:00

image.png

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,837 posts
12,445 battles

Spoiler

huh.thumb.jpg.3aafccda9730652782df97d148858d00.jpg

Spoiler

huh.thumb.jpg.0817db072fa0b5cbc5f7eb6d16c41bb2.jpg

Let me get this straight

1. OP doesn't play for a year and a half,
  2. Joins 9 days before the end of the extended event (otherwise he'd only have 2 days left?)
  3. Plays 5 nations (of which the 5th only one game )
  4. Then joins the forum again to complain about how bad this game is

Will-Smith-Meme-09.thumb.jpg.cf797ba7f21d110b3b430c9e3ca3d024.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5

[DAVY]
Players
476 posts
4,309 battles
31 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Reveal hidden contents

huh.thumb.jpg.3aafccda9730652782df97d148858d00.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

huh.thumb.jpg.0817db072fa0b5cbc5f7eb6d16c41bb2.jpg

Let me get this straight

1. OP doesn't play for a year and a half,
  2. Joins 9 days before the end of the extended event (otherwise he'd only have 2 days left?)
  3. Plays 5 nations (of which the 5th only one game )
  4. Then joins the forum again to complain about how bad this game is

Will-Smith-Meme-09.thumb.jpg.cf797ba7f21d110b3b430c9e3ca3d024.jpg

yep.

[DAVY]
Players
476 posts
4,309 battles
1 hour ago, Bergwolf said:

bye felicia.

[NWP]
Players
424 posts
9,454 battles
2 hours ago, Bergwolf said:

549B999E-893A-4315-BD48-B94063CF4911.jpeg

• Funny 3

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,368 battles

OP... you have nothing better to do in your moms basement?

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
588 posts
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

The ship itself is not worth the grind, PAY2WIN

What?

U call the ship bad but it's still a pay2win ship?

That sentence doesn't make any sense.

Players
796 posts
8,312 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Event ends: Tue. 22 Jan. 05:00 CET (UTC+1) /

@Bergwolf at 5:01Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11_02.15_AM.thumb.png.2bb19bdc45979aa7ca9fcb6a9f0f8486.png

• Funny 3

[RO-RN]
Players
20 posts
9,790 battles

When this event started and when I saw I need to actually BUY a ship to complete it, I said: hell no, I am not paying money just to complete an event. 

I didn't even know I could get the PEF for free. And I got it, just bu mistake, right after the event.

Was I mad because I could not complete the event, or that the game just gave be the PEF right AFTER the event? Hell NO. It was MY FAULT, because I didn't get informed well about this event. And that is the situation, no need to worry about it.

Just thanks to WG for another premium ship into my port. It's a stupid ship, but well, it works.

[NWP]
Players
1,837 posts
12,445 battles
2 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

yep.

Ok. Thx for clearing that up. I was too baffled so I thought I missed something :cap_fainting:

[-DKBG]
Beta Tester
241 posts

Grinded the ship through 6 nations with 4 mill each. Completed also all PEF missions afterwards. Was worth it for 1,6 mill extra. Did not find the ship bad.

Infact when 0.8.0 hits it is likely one of the better due to good AA. Sure it is not fuso, warspite levels but it still is okay.

Was happy for the extra week time. Made the grind a lot more friendly.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
9 minutes ago, Reavermann said:

I just got it few days ago. I really don't know how, but I got it:

26.01.2019 New warship    PGSB506.png Prinz Eitel Friedrich

Important Moments from: https://wows-numbers.com/player/508597602,Reavermann/

You completed all the directives for it without even realising. Considering the directives are pretty simple (as long as you play many different nations and ship types), this isn't too surprising.

You should've paid a little more attention. The same kind of event went on last year with Duke of York and the year before that with Graf spee. You could either buy the ship for the mission sets, or earn it by completing a series of other missions.

Beta Tester
2,064 posts
2,249 battles

I also failed to complete the PEF event. I didn't get very far in the 'Nerves of Steel' mission, either. And when I saw the mission requirements for getting the HMS Dreadnought "for free" in the run-up for Christmas, I actually laughed out loud. I have a wife, a day job and an active social and cultural life. I accept that this means I will not be able to complete all those missions Wargaming regularly puts on the roster.

I do not see this as a problem. It's only fair that those of the playerbase who truly dedicate their time to playing the game, get some extra rewards for the effort. It would become a problem if those rewards included game-changing material or otherwise upset the in-game balance, but this has not been the case so far. Meanwhile, I see the various shifting missions as something to strive against but not necessarily to always complete. They add an extra pinch of spice to the daily (or weekly) battle sorties, and that's really their main contribution to the game, as I see it. My main reason for playing the game, is playing the game.

Nog finns det mål och mening i vår färd

- men det är vägen, som är mödan värd.

Yes, there is goal and meaning in our path
- but it's the way that is the labour's worth.

From the poem "In motion" (I rörelse), by the Swedish poet and author Karin Boye.

Translation by David McDuff.

• Cool 4

[RO-RN]
Players
20 posts
9,790 battles
12 minutes ago, Turnipsi said:

You completed all the directives for it without even realising. Considering the directives are pretty simple (as long as you play many different nations and ship types), this isn't too surprising.

You should've paid a little more attention. The same kind of event went on last year with Duke of York and the year before that with Graf spee. You could either buy the ship for the mission sets, or earn it by completing a series of other missions.

Yeap, I agree, paying more attention to the news & events is crucial. I admin that I kind of just ignore their announcements. I just realized that, so I'll try to keep in mind for now on.

[OGHF]
Players
634 posts
11,484 battles

There has already been an extra week for the PEF  campaigns, why moan?....

[PN]
Players
144 posts
2,564 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

Nog finns det mål och mening i vår färd

- men det är vägen, som är mödan värd.

Yes, there is goal and meaning in our path
- but it's the way that is the labour's worth.

From the poem "In motion" (I rörelse), by the Swedish poet and author Karin Boye.

Translation by David McDuff.

Oh Dear Mr. @Procrastes,

How could I leave a poem with no reply?

Which daemons possessed you kind Sir to feed my hunger to water my thirst?

(C.P. Cavafy, Collected Poems. Translated by Edmund Keeley and Philip Sherrard. Edited by George Savidis. Revised Edition. Princeton University Press, 1992)

Ithaka    The Canon

As you set out for Ithaka
hope the voyage is a long one,
full of adventure, full of discovery.
Laistrygonians and Cyclops,
angry Poseidon—don’t be afraid of them:
you’ll never find things like that on your way
as long as you keep your thoughts raised high,
as long as a rare excitement
stirs your spirit and your body.
Laistrygonians and Cyclops,
wild Poseidon—you won’t encounter them
unless you bring them along inside your soul,
unless your soul sets them up in front of you.

Hope the voyage is a long one.
May there be many a summer morning when,
with what pleasure, what joy,
you come into harbors seen for the first time;
may you stop at Phoenician trading stations
to buy fine things,
mother of pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
sensual perfume of every kind—
as many sensual perfumes as you can;
and may you visit many Egyptian cities
to gather stores of knowledge from their scholars.

Keep Ithaka always in your mind.
Arriving there is what you are destined for.
But do not hurry the journey at all.
Better if it lasts for years,
so you are old by the time you reach the island,
wealthy with all you have gained on the way,
not expecting Ithaka to make you rich.

Ithaka gave you the marvelous journey.
Without her you would not have set out.
She has nothing left to give you now.

And if you find her poor, Ithaka won’t have fooled you.
Wise as you will have become, so full of experience,
you will have understood by then what these Ithakas mean. 

Translated by Edmund Keeley/Philip Sherrard

And I know who will be bored

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
20 posts
9,790 battles
52 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And that was before the end of the event.

I thought the event ended on 22.01.2019. Did they extend the duration of this event?

Beta Tester
1,912 posts
2,632 battles
17 minutes ago, Reavermann said:

I thought the event ended on 22.01.2019. Did they extend the duration of this event?

They did, by one week.

• Cool 1