You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warderer

Eleventh season poll - let the premiums reign begin.

T9 prems and then new ranked season.  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think will be the best t9 prem in the new season?

• Musashi
    • Missouri
    • Black
    • Jean Bart
    • Kronshtadt
    • Alaska

42 comments in this topic

[HULK]
Beta Tester
53 posts
1,836 battles

So we all know that the new season will be the playground of the prems but which one do you think will the best this season?

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles

I'm hoping the answer is Black, as that's the one I'm least bad in...!

I would have thought that Musashi has a good shout overall - no CVs, so her poor AA doesn't really matter, and those guns!

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,172 posts
11,010 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

I would have thought that Musashi has a good shout overall - no CVs, so her poor AA doesn't really matter, and those guns!

The question is: how relevant will BBs really be in a game mode where a lot depends on snatching buffs? This sounds like DD playground, so big guns don't matter, but the same can't be said about Radar.

• Cool 3

[HULK]
Beta Tester
53 posts
1,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Yeah same! Honestly, when I see an enemy Black I get immediately worried :D. Musashi is definitely a good pick but I think that she doesn't react very well in intense situations (daaamn that turret traverse) but still I guess its up to the players skill and map awareness.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,481 battles

Its dd game mode, and it radar must mode so Black only have both in overall good package. And i repeat myself, in all competetive mods premium need to be banned because we all know they wont make it balanced.

• Cool 4

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles

Musashi is tanky as all hell if you know how to position her, and the guns are awesome, but isn't Arms Race all about going forwards and taking objectives? She's definitely better with a bit of range to work with, because up close it can be really difficult to keep her turrets on target. They are glacially slow. Also, she's not terribly good at repositioning.

I would think as BBs go the JB would be a good bet. She's mobile and can hold her own in a brawl with the reload booster.

Personally, the only choices I have are the Musashi, Kronshtadt and Izumo, and... yeah, I won't be playing the Izumo. I guess I could have not sold the Neptune but... eh, I hated playing that ship and I probably wouldn't do very well with it in ranked. I think Kron can be very good for this, so that may end up being my go-to ship if I decide to try my hand at ranked.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,332 posts
7,672 battles

USS Black because Arms Race...

Missouri is fine too but can only compete with USS Black with a good DD (USS Black) on her team that secures her some concealment buffs so she can stealth radar.

• Cool 1

[-DKBG]
Beta Tester
241 posts

I guess some dds can with stealth buffs be almost completely invisible. 30% more stealth on a already 5.5km boat?

Also more healing on battleships would be nice. Will have to pick some anti destroyer skills.

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,857 battles

Im gonna be playing a 19p kitakaze, should be pretty sweet. Musashi should do well if there are a lot of bbs in the matches, otherwise useless.

I wonder how the kronshtadt will perform? I mean its got the radar for anti dd, and great guns if enemy cruisers show broadside, but no stealth, no hydro and massive size... No clue how she will perform

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

Alaska missing.

• Cool 1

[AVRDM]
Players
1,434 posts
6,693 battles

The meta is very strong for DD in Arms Race, keeping that in mind just add smoke and radar to have the perfect ship.

Kitakaze is the second strongest option after Black IMO. (Although if it were possible to use Belfast would be the clear choice in any tier or parallel universe, the closest thing is Black).

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles

BTW am I right that spotter planes can't see torps any more (well, as of Thursday)? If so, with lots of DDs likely to be in play, won't that somewhat increase the vulnerability of BBs, compared to usual?

Players
414 posts
4,862 battles

I see this season being potentially the most played ever, as player run from Randoms because of the CV rework and ranked will be the only mode guaranteed not to have CVs... :cap_old:

Extreme burnout, quick matches and a potential sense of continuous powerlessness, and then the rework have the potential to be the peak of membership, followed by the biggest drop in active players. But I may be wrong.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,481 battles
16 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

BTW am I right that spotter planes can't see torps any more (well, as of Thursday)? If so, with lots of DDs likely to be in play, won't that somewhat increase the vulnerability of BBs, compared to usual?

No only competitive bb which can play ranked have radar not plane.

• Cool 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
753 posts
7,160 battles

Imho the alaska might become a beast in this mode. With 3-4 concealment buff it can stealth radar and his radar is very long, it has the accuracy to blap dds and cruisers, and at 10 kms range his guns become very scary even for bbs and with the 36mm belt you can bait bbs shot ( and you are relatively immune to hean bart). It is also more agile than the missouri and the faster reload make it imho scarier than the mighty mo

Players
3,657 posts
7,331 battles
4 hours ago, Uglesett said:

I would think as BBs go the JB would be a good bet. She's mobile and can hold her own in a brawl with the reload booster.

Does JB have some kind of crazy XP multiplier like Sims?  She has a farily lousy WR% and unremarkable dmg yet sits 2nd in the XP chart for T9 behind Black.

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

Does JB have some kind of crazy XP multiplier like Sims?  She has a farily lousy WR% and unremarkable dmg yet sits 2nd in the XP chart for T9 behind Black.

No idea, I don't have her (yet). Might have the coal for her soon, though.

If I'm going to guess, I suspect at least part of the reason is that people use her to shoot at cruisers a lot.

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles

I'm seeing allot of people using the Black for a DD, but also Alaska is going to be top pick for cruiser, if not anything just because it's gonna get released so everyoe will be jumping to get her. :cap_yes:

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
7 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I'm seeing allot of people using the Black for a DD, but also Alaska is going to be top pick for cruiser, if not anything just because it's gonna get released so everyoe will be jumping to get her. :cap_yes:

I think i read somewhere reliable that Alaska will not make it into this patch due to much workload on the CVs.

So i don't know if you should add her to that poll....

Personally i think i will use either Dimitri or Kronstadht. maybe even Missouri or a tashkent :) lot of possibilities.

• Cool 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,079 posts
8,354 battles

Just bought the Musashi to molest bow in radar cruisers orally.

Otherwise i would never play this ship, but it will be really strong in T9 only without CVs.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles
33 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

I think i read somewhere reliable that Alaska will not make it into this patch due to much workload on the CVs.

So i don't know if you should add her to that poll....

Personally i think i will use either Dimitri or Kronstadht. maybe even Missouri or a tashkent :) lot of possibilities.

Yep, looks like you're right.

f9cb0a30wad21.png

However since it's coming from Gneisenau013... :Smile_sceptic:

@MrConway can you confirm this, pls?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
37 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Yep, looks like you're right.

f9cb0a30wad21.png

However since it's coming from Gneisenau013... :Smile_sceptic:

@MrConway can you confirm this, pls?

Guys... you know I cannot comment on premium ship releases - as much as I would like to.

• Cool 3

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,072 battles
48 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Guys... you know I cannot comment on premium ship releases - as much as I would like to.

Then kindly bring us someone who can! 

This is damn outrageous... 

P. S. You should've scrap the entire CV nonsense... Planes in surface based game.