Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Ranked Season 11

36 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles

Date: January 31 till February 26; so only 4 weeks (last season we had 6!)

Tier: IX

Teams: 6v6

Mode: Arms Race

Maps: Islands of Ice, Trident, Mountain Range, Sleeping Giant, Warriors Path

Last irrevocable: 12

Keeping stars: #1 xp 

League of Sea Wolves: not anymore

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/ranked-11-arms-race/

So what are the best ships and tactics for Arms Race ?

For example is it advantageous to have the speed of a Tashkent to get to the next buff in time, or would you rather have the hydro of a Z-46 to bully enemy DDs out of it ? Do we know if you get a lot of xp from capping the buffs for the team ?

My personal feeling is that I will go Kitakaze if there are only few BBs, and Chung-Mu if there are many BBs. 

But Kitakaze is lacking vision control, which could be a problem. Don't have much experience in Arms Race. 

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
11 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

For example is it advantageous to have the speed of a Grozovoi to get to the next buff in time, or would you rather have the hydro of a Z-46 to bully enemy DDs out of it ?

you know, I'd sure play a Grozovoi in this if I were allowed to... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you know, I'd sure play a Grozovoi in this if I were allowed to... :Smile_teethhappy:

Lel, thx. 

What do you think about Kitakaze and vision control in Arms Race btw? 

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,481 battles

Kinda match will be faster, first kill, first buff will be crucial, will happen at start of match and will probably decide winner, since team are small and buffs are nice. Ofc as in cw kills is more important then caps but caps cant be ignored, so this is like deathmatch mode and i belive wont be much play on points tactics.

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles

I will start with Z-46 then see how things develop. Might go for one of the battlecruisers too.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Lel, thx. 

What do you think about Kitakaze and vision control in Arms Race btw? 

really depends on how the meta shakes out I think... there are a lot of decent picks all around I would imagine, sure Missouri and Musashi are probably gonna dominate the BB bracket and Black will be a factor but otherwise...

Outside of Yugumo and maybe the Russkis with their poor concealment at t9, there should be a place for all of the DDs. Z46 and Jutland have their respective Hydros, Fletch is still an amazing allrounder, Chung Mu gives up anti-DD power and the utility of US smoke to become an even better torpedoboat, Kitakaze kills any DD that is dumb enough to straight up fight her...

Roon might be good if it's a DD fiesta, what with super Hydro and the armour and HP to shrug off the odd BB hit, Donskoi's got good guns and Radar, Seattle can be sneaky and the map pool looks okay for her, Ibuki is a different breed of sneaky but could probably  be decent as a flanker/harasser...

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles
19 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

For example is it advantageous to have the speed of a Tashkent to get to the next buff in time, or would you rather have the hydro of a Z-46 to bully enemy DDs out of it ?

While I expect that this season DDs would be quite important I think that two Soviet T9 DDs were the worst choice. Not that they wouldn't work but all other seems better suited for this. 

I'll go with Kitakaze and Jutland, simple because I'm currently grinding both to Haru and Daring and both could be strong in Arms Race. I could use Fletcher and Z-46 too, don't know I'll see how will go with first two.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,455 posts
7,841 battles

I will play Grosse and I don't care what you say about it :D

• Funny 5

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,857 battles

I didnt find any info about divs, so i assume that its not allowed. A shame really, as it would be a lot more fun to play with a friend than playing alone at the mercy of unreliable randoms.

[BUCCS]
Players
109 posts
2,136 battles

I was wondering my Rank now is 8 once new Rank Season starts will I be back to 18th or remain at 8th? =)

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles
2 minutes ago, Sukasaa said:

I was wondering my Rank now is 8 once new Rank Season starts will I be back to 18th or remain at 8th? =)

New players of Ranked Battles will start the Season from Rank 18. Those who participated in the Tenth Season of Ranked Battles will get bonus stars, one for each Rank they previously attained.

I think you should  start at R14 or somewhere around it.

• Cool 1

[BUCCS]
Players
109 posts
2,136 battles
Just now, fumtu said:

I think you will should start at R14 or somewhere like that.

Thanks. ^-^

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
4 minutes ago, Sukasaa said:

Rank 8 last season will translate into Rank 15, but Ranked Sprint will not be counted, I believe. 

I wonder if 27 days is a bit short for a normal Ranked Season... 

[CORNG]
Players
718 posts
12,497 battles

Lets see how Meta is. Lot of DDs and BBs (Premium) i guess. Would be interested in Jutland or Kitikate for grinding. But only 14 P Captain is meh. So Black or Z46 i think. 

[BUCCS]
Players
109 posts
2,136 battles
Just now, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Rank 8 last season would translate into Rank 15, but Ranked Sprint will not be counted, I believe. 

I forgot which rank I participated, hopefully I start from 18th need to earn some Steel, =)

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
Just now, Sukasaa said:

I forgot which rank I participated, hopefully I start from 18th need to earn some Steel, =)

Wherever you start, you always get all rewards for the ranks that you skipped. 

• Cool 2

[BUCCS]
Players
109 posts
2,136 battles
Just now, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Wherever you start, you always get all rewards for the ranks that you skipped. 

Wow nice I don't usually Participate in those so don't know much  but  thank you a lot for clearing that up. ^_^

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
13 minutes ago, Sukasaa said:

In your last regular ranked season you reached rank 14, in the coming season you'll start from rank 13.

You haven't played the last regular season, so you will start from R18.

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Last season was August 24 till October 10.

So 6 weeks instead of 4.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

In your last regular ranked season you reached rank 14, in the coming season you'll start from rank 13.

His last season was Season 7. I think that he will start at R18 this season.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
5 minutes ago, fumtu said:

His last season was Season 7. I think that he will start at R18 this season.

You're right, he missed the last few seasons. My mistake.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
87 posts
2,985 battles

I'm planning to try out:

• Missouri
  • Buffalo
  • Kronshtadt
  • Jutland
  • Fletcher
  • Kitakaze if I get it in time

And hopefully Alaska too! :cap_yes:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles

The changes to CE will be in place with the next patch, right? Does anyone think that'll impact people's choices much? BBs will suddenly be rather more visible than before, for one...

I was thinking I might initially try some/all of the following:

• Black (radar/smoke, plus I have a tolerably good captain to put in her).
  • Jutland (heal, and defensive hydro; may need to mess with captain's skills though - less sure about IFHE for Ranked, in context of what you need to give up).
  • Z-46 (hopefully, the smoke/hydro combination will still work at T9).

Whilst I do have things like MO, Kron, and Musashi, I'll be avoiding them like the plague - I fear that there is simply not enough 'git gud' in the universe to help me sufficiently in, what, three days, to be able to play them well enough for Ranked...!

[AVRDM]
Players
1,434 posts
6,693 battles

I will play Lion because it is garbage and I do not want to spend FXP or play random with that thing. (At least until I get tired and take the Kita out to scare everyone).

That lasts 2 weeks less is a problem, although being 6 vs 6 and Arms Race, fast battles are expected.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this