You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Ranked Battles: Eleventh Season - Discussion Thread

122 comments in this topic

Players
67 posts
5,200 battles

Hi There. That will be an interesting change.

I have two questions:

First one:

I start at rank 10 and have a Newbee question. Will I obtain the rewards from lower ranks anyhow?

(If yes - how? Winning one game? achieving 1 rank lower?).

Second one:

Last season rank 5 - I start at rank 10. With no stars? or 3 stars?

Thanks for letting me (and possibly others) know.

Will be tough to have no irrevocable rank along the way....not even on rank 5...harsh...

[ADRIA]
Players
361 posts
10,953 battles
5 minutes ago, FreakinBiber said:

I start at rank 10 and have a Newbee question. Will I obtain the rewards from lower ranks anyhow?

Yes, all you have to do is play one game and you get all previous rewards.

5 minutes ago, FreakinBiber said:

You start at the beginning of rank 10: so rank 10, one star.

Players
67 posts
5,200 battles

Thanks quickr. Much appreciated.

Musashi, Jean-Bart,  Seattle, Kron, Kita, Z-46 -> get ready then.

Lets see which one performs best under the given conditions....

• Cool 1

[-GG-]
Players
164 posts
10,847 battles

That will be Premium Ships fiesta

Typical team of 6 ?

Missouri, Musashi, Jean Bart, Krohnstadt, Black ... Kitakaze

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,566 battles

Ugh arms race. What a garbage game mode for a ranked season. I was looking forward to a proper season as the ranked sprints get really boring.

• Cool 7

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,322 posts
7,643 battles
2 hours ago, FreakinBiber said:

Hi There. That will be an interesting change.

I have two questions:

First one:

Second one:

Thanks for letting me (and possibly others) know.

Will be tough to have no irrevocable rank along the way....not even on rank 5...harsh...

First question was already answered correctly by @quickr

One Battle in the current season is enough - doesn't even have to be a win. At least that's how it was for all previous seasons where stars being carried over from the last season where a thing.

For the second one you actualy get one star per Rank reached (after 23 so one star if you reached Rank 22). As the last season had 23 Ranks and as you had reached Rank 5 that makes 18 stars for this season. If you apply those to the progression in the picture you land on Rank 10 with 3 stars extra needing only one more star for Rank 9.

1 hour ago, radius77 said:

That will be Premium Ships fiesta

Typical team of 6 ?

Missouri, Musashi, Jean Bart, Krohnstadt, Black ... Kitakaze

:Smile_veryhappy:

this. Although I doubt that many BBs are competetive especially the ones without radar, renember we will be playing Arms Race.

30 minutes ago, Stronginthearms said:

WHAT CAN YOU GET FOR 1 COPPER?

For 1 Copper nothing.

For 3 Copper each you can get special camos for either Flint or USS Black which actualy do give really some nice bonus to xps etc.

After you have both of those you have to hope WG comes up with a new reward for them otherwise the extra copper is pretty much useless.

[ADRIA]
Players
361 posts
10,953 battles
10 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

For the second one you actualy get one star per Rank reached (after 23 so one star if you reached Rank 22). As the last season had 23 Ranks and as you had reached Rank 5 that makes 18 stars for this season. If you apply those to the progression in the picture you land on Rank 10 with 3 stars extra needing only one more star for Rank 9.

My Mistake. Thx for clearing it up. :cap_like:

Players
67 posts
5,200 battles

First I thought ... WTF - arms race.

But maybe it adds a new, interesting flavour and dynamic to the picture. Less border Camping BBs...

I mean - hard to hope for - but I guess the Team that better supports their DDs getting the buffs (without dying) might be winning one.

So - more motivation for teamplay? We will see...

DDs: Kitakaze, Jutland, Z-46 are all freely available.... Black isnt, but I have not seen to many lately...

-> so a key deciding factor is on silver ships

CA/CL: Kronshtadt for sure, will Alaska come in time? -> Keep in mind Kron will be taken out with 8.0 update from Free XP sales,

I wonder if Seattle can Play a role (probably gets to easily deleted)

BBs: I assume JB to be strong - as it is so fast and mobile, and based on consumables can well have a strong early Impact.

Missouri - sure - if you have it. Musashi - mh....it is so slow...maybe much less Impact in supporting DDs snatching the buffs?

Soon we will know what Dynamics evolve....

[VV]
Players
106 posts
12,273 battles
56 minutes ago, Stronginthearms said:

Nothing , with 3 you can get the special camo for Flint and Black

[SICA]
Players
173 posts
19,022 battles

Yeah, nice job, Wargaming... :Smile-angry:
It seems it wasn't enough for you to watch us fighting and paying  attention to the enemies, now we have to pay attention to those Arms Race features craps you decided to introduce into a game which is already more arcade than it supposed to be...

So, when you gonna make a Ranked season based on skills? That means no pay-to-win ships, no AA lack of balance, no loosing stars because we encounter the same suicidal/bot/geniuses who make the team loose over and over again. Just asking...

• Cool 9

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
3 posts
11,398 battles
57 minutes ago, GeorCa said:

No flag for Rank 1?

Indeed WG, why not more Jolly Roger flags??? Also, will consecutive R1 still get those reward flags with roman numerals (like for 4th, 5th etc . R1)?

• Cool 5

[TIPC]
Players
364 posts
16,658 battles
3 hours ago, Stronginthearms said:

you can get my blessings to grind 3..lol

• Funny 2

[ZEN]
[ZEN]
Players
12 posts

"For example, if a player using destroyer Khabarovsk" - As the season playable with T9 ships only, Khaba is a sht example...

• Funny 2

[NUKED]
Players
382 posts
9,775 battles

There should be more irrevocable ranks: You could fall from Rank 2 to 12 if everything is against you. That is far too much. Make a stop at Rank 8 and 4. You still not giving everything away for free. The game experience would be much much better this way and less frustrating.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOWS]
Players
2 posts
7,689 battles

Below rank10 (10->2) the rewards are same as it was before: NOTHING! In fourth and fifth season the rewards for this ranks (10->2) was very attractive... but now... this is nothing..

[FAM_A]
Players
2,656 posts
10,278 battles

The problem is that Arms Race requires a bit of brain to be played.....and that's something not very common at WoWs lately. As said, expect to go from rank 2 to 12 if our "beautiful" (specially designed to make you play lots of battles) matchmaker puts its eyes on you......which will probably happen :Smile_sceptic: It's going to be a lot (if possible) more frustrating than the tenth previous seasons :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,452 posts
15,060 battles
3 hours ago, blindhai said:

There should be more irrevocable ranks: You could fall from Rank 2 to 12 if everything is against you. That is far too much. Make a stop at Rank 8 and 4. You still not giving everything away for free. The game experience would be much much better this way and less frustrating.

Yes. Or you could just accept that you aren't good enough yet to advance further. What? They don't teach that anymore nowadays? Sad.

Computer games used to be challenging. Today you have to play everything on 'legendary hard mode' to not be bored to death. Dang, now I feel old. :cap_old:

[PRAVD]
Beta Tester
5 posts
10,349 battles

• A ship has to enter the green area and through doing so, activate it, in order to receive the buff.
    • If several ships are within an area at the moment of its activation, the team with the most ships within it gets the buff.
    • If the ship numbers are equal, the area will not be activated until the balance has shifted.

In case the balance has shifted after a cap contest, the player of the "winning" team that entered the area first will still get 2x?

Also, interesting choice. I personally would rule out Prems for Ranked, regardless of the tier - Shipstorm style. I think it makes it even more interesting.

For some reason, can't change the color to make it darker. RIP.