Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
the_british_admiral

cv stat reset

20 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Beta Tester
76 posts
6,768 battles

with the cv re-work, will all previous cv stats be removed or reset?

have pants cv stats so would be beneficial to me and I'm sure some others.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,079 posts
8,354 battles

They will most likely just put a timestamp on the old stats like the reworked IJN DD or the russian DD line ships and statrt the new carriers with a clean sheet.

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,172 posts
11,010 battles
12 minutes ago, the_british_admiral said:

with the cv re-work, will all previous cv stats be removed or reset?

have pants cv stats so would be beneficial to me and I'm sure some others.

So far all the old ships (when tiers were changed during line splits) basically got renamed and remained in the database. I'm 99% sure that we should expect the same to happen here.

We'll see entries similar to this on the stat-tracking websites

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/4180555216,Kiev-06-03-2017-/

[CATS]
Players
15,380 posts
11,042 battles

If ships do not change Tier, WG kept the old stats in the past.

My Minekaze stats are a mix of old and new stats.

Since this is a total rework, WG might change that and reset the stats.

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,173 posts
23,916 battles

If they don't reset the stats it will make no sense at all. It is virtual new ships all of them and they can't be compared to the current stats in any way. They probably do it in a way like when ships is moved up or down in tier. So you can see separate stats for old Midway and new Midway..

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
625 posts
10,058 battles

They probably get a new ship ID. That is what usually happens.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles

It looks like we'll have new stats for carriers after the rework: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/cv8-which-nation-to-choose/

"Battle statistics for aircraft carriers will be divided, and statistic gathering for the ship type will start anew." (in 'General Rules' about three-quarters of the way down)

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,896 posts
14,234 battles
15 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

"Battle statistics for aircraft carriers will be divided, and statistic gathering for the ship type will start anew."

Good! I wouldn't want my previous CV stats dragging down my reworked CV stats anyway. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 8

[BGNAV]
Players
261 posts
3,313 battles

Removing them is a bad idea, mixing them with the new ones is bad as well. So the solution must lie somewhere in between.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Stats from line splits/ changes hasn't been reset so far. So I'll be stuck with horrible stats of f.e. pre split Baltimore forever. So my guess is the CV stats will remain as they were. My sincere advice: cling to the old stats with all energy you have. Don't take any risk of worsening them by playing CV's after 8.0

I know: most likely a vain attempt but I had to try it.

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles
5 hours ago, sisito0o said:

Removing them is a bad idea, mixing them with the new ones is bad as well. So the solution must lie somewhere in between.

There is no inbetween solution for stats, it's either stamp them with the (old) or with the time stamp xx.xx.xxx>xx.xx.xxx, it's either that or it will be a wipe.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,235 posts
6,537 battles
3 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

There is no inbetween solution for stats, it's either stamp them with the (old) or with the time stamp xx.xx.xxx>xx.xx.xxx, it's either that or it will be a wipe.

Riot is always a solution :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
625 posts
10,058 battles

What happens is that the new CV's will get a new ship id. For example what happened with the recent US cruiser line changes:

select ship_id, name, tier from warship where name = 'Baltimore';
  ship_id   |   name    | tier
------------+-----------+------
 4277057520 | Baltimore |    9
 4181637104 | Baltimore |    8
(2 rows)

The new ships will be returned by the warships API call. The old ones will disappear.

When collecting player warship stats from the API, the old and new ship stats will be returned. These are consolidated stats over the total amount of games you have played in those ships. Obviously, the game meta changes frequently, so the only way to know if you are doing as well as expected in the current meta is to query an external site that has both snapshotted player data and consolidated ship data for the same time period to make a useful comparison.

Obviously it would be nice if the old ship data didn't disappear from the warships API call, but was marked with a legacy flag. But WG can't even set their premium ship flags correctly and no amount of plinging @MrConwaywill change that! :cap_horn:

As you can see, I have separate stats for the t6 and t8 Clevelands.

Screenshot from 2019-01-29 00-48-56.png

[DAVY]
Players
476 posts
4,319 battles

probably.  Will most likely have the same side note as in the USN cruiser rework.  You may notice your stats for your Cleveland, et al, are divided into two categories.

[5D]
Players
536 posts
20,988 battles

If they reset CV stats then that seems a bit unfair on CV mains tbh. 

• Cool 1

Players
0 posts

"Battle statistics for aircraft carriers will be divided, and statistic gathering for the ship type will start anew."

that means old cv battle statistics will be removed from the main stats?

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
964 posts
9,565 battles
10 hours ago, Bocmaniss said:

No, it likely means that they will still be available, but listed as for example 'Langley (old)' and 'Langley (new)' or similar.

[DAVY]
Players
476 posts
4,319 battles
14 hours ago, Bocmaniss said:

did you not read my comment?

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,917 battles
On 1/29/2019 at 1:50 AM, Armorin said:

The new ships will be returned by the warships API call. The old ones will disappear.

When collecting player warship stats from the API, the old and new ship stats will be returned. These are consolidated stats over the total amount of games you have played in those ships. Obviously, the game meta changes frequently, so the only way to know if you are doing as well as expected in the current meta is to query an external site that has both snapshotted player data and consolidated ship data for the same time period to make a useful comparison.

Obviously it would be nice if the old ship data didn't disappear from the warships API call, but was marked with a legacy flag. But WG can't even set their premium ship flags correctly and no amount of plinging @MrConwaywill change that! :cap_horn:

Yes, I tried to get any response regarding this "disappearing old ship data" bug, but it seems that WG has their API users deeply and sincerely. So simple to fix, so impossible to get through intestines of the corporation. 

I tried on the "official" API forum - which most locals there consider WoT only (because for some reason it is hosted on worldoftanks WWW server). Zero effect. I tried here on the forum - some response that "will contact developers". It was a few months ago - since that time: silence. 

Seems the few API customers which WG cares about just did the work manually and are patching the missing data on own servers. And the rest is evidently not important enough for WG to get one guy and devote his half an hour to that issue. 

It is all consistent with WG policy to hide as much game data and statistics from customers, as possible. Hidden parameters of things, buggy API with no support, replays crashing and being encrypted (in WoT they at least disclosed the encryption key), or just plainly quiet mass-deleting replay files from users disks.  

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this