You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

campains captains, and ....weaknesss

16 comments in this topic

Players
339 posts
10,159 battles

a "life long" campains for yamamoto & halsley

and THE result? 

-they are not 19

-they must be trained--- when ship changing, with the same (!! ) exp.points punishment like other captains

wtf !!! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,464 battles
1 minute ago, Milan_G_ said:

and THE result? 

-they are not 19

-they must be trained--- when ship changing, with the same (!! ) exp.points punishment like other captains

wtf !!! 

They are still much better then new one with 3 points and no special skills.

• Cool 2

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles

They have pretty shell tracers, fireworks, some better skills and some really powerful, but difficult to activate, bonus abilities. Isn't that quite enough?

Players
796 posts
8,346 battles

As has always been the case with special captains so far. And for a player like yourself, who plays 1000 battles per month..... It shouldn't be too hard to get them to 19pts rigth? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,857 battles
6 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

and THE result? 

-they are not 19

wtf !!! 

I think that getting yamamoto took me a grand total of a week. Two for halesy

Beta Tester
87 posts
2,985 battles
8 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

Both campaigns are either hard or grindy. Basically anyone can complete them assuming they have higher tier ships.

-they are not 19

Still, 15 points are more than you can get anywhere else and are more than enough to make a good build.

The feature of "no retraining required" is attributed to premium ships, not captains.

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,857 battles

Step 1: pick cred and xp missions

Step 2: stack signals and camo

Step 3: repeat

Step 4: captain

Also feel free to flesh it out with the missions about getting top results, they usually give tons of easy stars. 

Stay away from the overly specific missions such as spotting torps and shooting planes

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

Again this [edited] :Smile_sceptic:

[AVRDM]
Players
1,434 posts
6,683 battles

BATTLE! weeeeeeeeeee PoW!

BATTLE! weeeeeeeeeee PoW!

BATTLE! PoW!

POW!!! (in the port)

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I don't get it: you're getting those captains for free. And AFAIK with Yamamoto you get half captain xp to retrain him with credits for any ship for free as well. And 15 points is a very good level. You can take the most important skills for your chosen ship with that high level. The retraining is part of WG's monetization. With which I don't have any problem with. (though more than 1 specialized ship I'd still highly appreciate). IIRC the max credit retrain will demand 50k captain xp. If you don't want to spend doubloons like P2W-ers like me, what's to stop you from putting a retrainee on a premium ship? On those the captain skills always work on full power, regardless of retraining. Retrain Halsey, Yamamoto a.s.o. there until he's ready for your designated ship.

Parallel on topic: I still have got no clue on which ship to put Yamamoto... Got kicked out of the realm of sucking with Yamato. Zao... Mmmmmaybe. With the module protection Y seems best suited for a DD. But with the coming CV rework Shima seems to be a relic of the past (AA is hilarious pathetic now already) And Harugumo?? IDK. That module protection doesn't seem to matter too much. When screwing up and getting caught that temp turret protection doesn't seem to help that much. Right now he's on my Kamikaze-R. And perhaps that's a viable choice? Any advice is welcome.

Beta Tester
1,361 posts
5,279 battles
3 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Got kicked out of the realm of sucking with Yamato. Zao... Mmmmmaybe. 

I put him onto the Mogami of all things actually, since the Mogami can take full benefit from the special skills, and because at the time I already had high level captains on my other IJN ships so basically a free CE-IFHE captain for the Mogami was almost a given.

I would argue he works on both the Yamato and Zao, but if I would retrain I would go for the Zao. The Zao is more prone to criticals and since you need to dodge and change position often the turret traverse is gold compared to the "park my big behind here" static gameplay of the Yamato.

• Cool 1

Players
339 posts
10,159 battles

ok. but the retrain has to be for them..like 1/3 or so.

no like normal captians...

Beta Tester
1,361 posts
5,279 battles
3 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

ok. but the retrain has to be for them..like 1/3 or so.

no like normal captians...

Why? They are more powerful in a way than normal captains so paying normal price for retraining is already a great advantage.