Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eskarion2

Muting quick messages

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WAH]
Players
1 post

Hello,

 

I  just played a battle with an enemy player spamming quick messages in all-chat without pause.

Muting and blacklisting him did not stop it.

Is there any good reason why that should be the case and if not, could it be changed?

 

Cheers

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
10 minutes ago, Eskarion2 said:

could it be changed?

Not the first time this is brought up. Apparently WG is just either slow or doesn't really care too much about it.

 

Personally I'd wait for after the CV rework as then a lot of ressources within WG are getting different tasks. Hopefully including this one.

 

 

But yeah: MUCH NEEDED @MrConway

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
164 posts
7,373 battles

Yes i saw posts about it like 1 year ago. You block him/add to black list and still he's able to spam voice messages and map pinging.. one of the most annoying thing in WoWs, please get rid of it @MrConway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,818 posts
10,140 battles

Appearently muting quick messages is too difficult. Too difficult in fact, that it is easier to revamp CV and change its gameplay style entirely.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

Every time this happens, send in the replay to support. Since it's not supported by the in-game ignore system, it goes to support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
10 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Not the first time this is brought up. Apparently WG is just either slow or doesn't really care too much about it.

 

Personally I'd wait for after the CV rework as then a lot of ressources within WG are getting different tasks. Hopefully including this one.

 

 

But yeah: MUCH NEEDED @MrConway

 

Yes we agree, and it is still on our list of things to be tackled. I'll bump the issue, thanks for the ping.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,138 posts
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

 

Yes we agree, and it is still on our list of things to be tackled. I'll bump the issue, thanks for the ping.

As per the last several times when you've given that response will you please see if this issue can be bumped considerably higher up the priority list?

It is quite possible for one immature, annoyed person to spoil the game for their entire team by spamming map pings and F keys until they die and F keys to both teams, with exactly NOTHING any of us can do apart from killing the moron doing it. 

 

I know you've looked into it previously and it's not just a matter of extending the mute function, but since the people that do this are typically the chat banned and they are cynically aiming to make life miserable for the other players surely this is a quality of life change that would benefit the player base as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
16 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

As per the last several times when you've given that response will you please see if this issue can be bumped considerably higher up the priority list?

It is quite possible for one immature, annoyed person to spoil the game for their entire team by spamming map pings and F keys until they die and F keys to both teams, with exactly NOTHING any of us can do apart from killing the moron doing it. 

 

I know you've looked into it previously and it's not just a matter of extending the mute function, but since the people that do this are typically the chat banned and they are cynically aiming to make life miserable for the other players surely this is a quality of life change that would benefit the player base as a whole.

 

I have bumped it up again to see what the progress is, but in the meantime we will gladly apply the banhammer to people abusing the system, please just send a ticket with replay + screenshot to our support team and we'll take care of them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
18 minutes ago, MrConway said:

 

I have bumped it up again to see what the progress is, but in the meantime we will gladly apply the banhammer to people abusing the system, please just send a ticket with replay + screenshot to our support team and we'll take care of them.

Unfortunately these hammers are temporary.

I know of a player who is doing that for at least nearly a year for over 4900 battles and got struck by the banhammer at least threetimes, last one probably for around a month (that is the time he did not play), only to be back with a vengeance (hiding in a corner, not contributing to battle, just spamming F-keys).

One of the few players with below 39% Winrating. It took 66 battles before he stopped or got stopped again.

When will these banns be permanent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Unfortunately these hammers are temporary.

I know of a player who is doing that for at least nearly a year for over 4900 battles and got struck by the banhammer at least threetimes, last one probably for around a month (that is the time he did not play), only to be back with a vengeance (hiding in a corner, not contributing to battle, just spamming F-keys).

One of the few players with below 39% Winrating. It took 66 battles before he stopped or got stopped again.

When will these banns be permanent?

 

Send me a PM with the guy's name. I'm happy to push for escalation in the case of serial spammers like this. This is something we do already for repeat offenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
173 posts
12,468 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Unfortunately these hammers are temporary.

I know of a player who is doing that for at least nearly a year for over 4900 battles and got struck by the banhammer at least threetimes, last one probably for around a month (that is the time he did not play), only to be back with a vengeance (hiding in a corner, not contributing to battle, just spamming F-keys).

One of the few players with below 39% Winrating. It took 66 battles before he stopped or got stopped again.

When will these banns be permanent?

afaik when they are dead they cannot spam anymore ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles

That means going for some remote location on the map, basicly removing two ships from the battle, and getting a team kill penalty.

And it changes nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,332 posts
7,660 battles
34 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That means going for some remote location on the map, basicly removing two ships from the battle, and getting a team kill penalty.

And it changes nothing.

And also the fact that you can't actualy sink a full HP Teammate before going pink and getting kicked out the match by 100% reflected damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×