You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_fun_police

Why Belfast is needed in game

37 comments in this topic

Players
55 posts
10,021 battles

After over a year without Belfast in shop slowly the dd's have got worse in higher tier, what the Belfast did was train new dd players to be more careful at tier 7 so once they hit tier 10 they know how to deal with radar and situations, I learnt to deal with Belfasts at t7 when I hit tier 10 yeah des moines ect was no issue, I was clubbed by Belfasts yes but I learnt to deal with them, but now they have to learn to deal with radars at higher tier and that annoys me Greatly when my team loses all spotting dew to potatoes that have never experienced that hard counter 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
15,380 posts
11,042 battles

There is still radar at Tier VII.

And there is a lot of radar before you get to Tier X. If that does not train you, nothing will.

• Cool 3

Players
260 posts
2,592 battles
9 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

After over a year without Belfast in shop slowly the dd's have got worse in higher tier, what the Belfast did was train new dd players to be more careful at tier 7 so once they hit tier 10 they know how to deal with radar and situations, I learnt to deal with Belfasts at t7 when I hit tier 10 yeah des moines ect was no issue, I was clubbed by Belfasts yes but I learnt to deal with them, but now they have to learn to deal with radars at higher tier and that annoys me Greatly when my team loses all spotting dew to potatoes that have never experienced that hard counter 

Indianapolis

Atlanta

What do both of those ships have in common with the Belfast? You have 5 Seconds...

Players
549 posts
Just now, who_dares_wins said:

Indianapolis

Atlanta

What do both of those ships have in common with the Belfast? You have 5 Seconds...

... to launch life boats?

• Funny 2

Players
55 posts
10,021 battles
5 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

Indianapolis

Atlanta

I own all of them, and in all honesty it was engaging in that enteral battle with a Belfast, when I was playing dd made me alot more aware at T10 and a better dd player in high tiers, ask your self have dd play declined reconlty? I shall be rolling Belfast divisons for training reasons 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,361 posts
5,279 battles

Or, you know, the wall of radars you hit when you get to tier 8 is training enough. No need to pester the other players on tier 7 with glorious Payfast.

Players
549 posts
1 minute ago, ollonborre said:

Or, you know, the wall of radars you hit when you get to tier 8 is training enough. No need to pester the other players on tier 7 with glorious Payfast.

Which reminds me.. any hope of USS Radar Nerf sailing on the horizon?

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
6 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

Indianapolis

Atlanta

We could ask, where those ships are actually much different than a Belfast :cap_hmm:

Belfast has smoke, to get or be undetected while fighting the DD.

Also has Hydro to not take torps.

Radar equal to its concealment (kinda) because it has the T8 concealment module.

Indianapolis has... radar with lower range than its concealment and low DPM, it can shoot twice in his own radar.

Atlanta Radar isnt a real threat either, since you can outspot him. And if an atlanta is spotted, we know how that usually ends.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
3,877 posts
6,022 battles
17 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

Indianapolis

Atlanta

Id like to solve the puzzle:

they are all US light Cruisers!

xr0BgsC.gif

And we could always ask WG to put radar on the Exeter, right guys?

• Funny 2

Players
55 posts
10,021 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Also has Hydro to not take torps.

Yes true but if u brawl against one u know to send torps towards then in his path of escape to dev strike him, this is missing from high tier, clever T10 game play

[NWP]
Players
444 posts
9,456 battles
1 hour ago, The_fun_police said:

Don't worry OP. In just the last 2 days, some of us are still out there "teaching" DD's how to play :Smile_trollface:

still play Belfast.png

• Funny 5

Players
612 posts
2 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

So let's give radar to the Shchors and Helena too, for the battles where there aren't enough Belfasts to train the DD's on both flanks.

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
10 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

So let's give radar to the Shchors and Helena too, for the battles where there aren't enough Belfasts to train the DD's on both flanks.

And the Boise/Nueve.:Smile_trollface:

[L4GG]
Players
1,644 posts
6,502 battles
3 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

I own all of them, and in all honesty it was engaging in that enteral battle with a Belfast, when I was playing dd made me alot more aware at T10 and a better dd player in high tiers, ask your self have dd play declined reconlty? I shall be rolling Belfast divisons for training reasons 

They are around, a lot of people have Belfasts, Why they don't play them more often (is kind a rare thing now) you have to ask them.

Not speaking about it like  it's not around anymore, because it is.

you just miss your nemesis, I can relate to that, with all the new BB clunk, I too miss the Gneisenau and Bismarck, they used to be more present in the MM.

I do remember a game in a brand new map, I was down tier, I didn't now what to do, where to be and so on, until this two came in.

Something click in my head and all fell into place.

Spoiler

578541935_BUDYOLO2.thumb.png.0ef677cb8eed931bbdfca8a91b08e05f.png

In the end I did ok with a respectable place, I didn't not end last in  score board only thanks to these guys.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,894 posts
14,234 battles
55 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

So let's give radar to the Shchors and Helena too

I 100% approve!

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,644 posts
6,502 battles
1 hour ago, Lin3 said:

So let's give radar to the Shchors

No.

Shchors already have radar it's called chapayev.

please, leave Shchors as is, I like it very much that way.

I don't like a bullseye painted on my ship.

btw, rpf and hydro it's all you ever need.

thank you. 

Players
559 posts
6,906 battles
23 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

I'm all for the return of Belfast, as long as it gets torpedoes and is moved up to T-8 where it belongs.

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles

Get caught in a DD by:

Bellfast > pain in the [edited] (BB bane) 

Atlanta > back to port. (DD grim reaper) 

Indy > ok moving on. (Cruiser punisher) 

Lanta is mutch more deadly than a "payfast" if your a DD, IFHE Bellfast was always more problematic for BB's (the "you know witch type") 

:Smile_Default:

Players
51 posts
21,616 battles
2 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Get caught in a DD by:

Bellfast > pain in the [edited] (BB bane) 

Atlanta > back to port. (DD grim reaper) 

Indy > ok moving on. (Cruiser punisher) 

Lanta is mutch more deadly than a "payfast" if your a DD, IFHE Bellfast was always more problematic for BB's (the "you know witch type") 

:Smile_Default:

witch-red-cape.png

• Funny 1

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
7 hours ago, who_dares_wins said:

Indianapolis

Atlanta

Not much but a consumable, belfast still has the upper hand when it comes to obliterating any dd that stroles in her range.

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,368 battles
7 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Don't worry OP. In just the last 2 days, some of us are still out there "teaching" DD's how to play :Smile_trollface:

still play Belfast.png

I also made a valuable contribution  to the dd player base:Smile_trollface:

Belfast    Belfast  VII 16 81.25% 
Super Unicum
2 882 
Super Unicum
82 071 1.63 1.25

Also while on topic , i would like them to bring back inpregnator nikolia,

im tired of seeing my stupid cruisers getting absolutely demolished by a single stalingrad because they faced Wyomings and myogis at t4 , this will make them dodge in tier 10 much better, izhi and orion not enough!!!

• Cool 2

[BGBRD]
Players
277 posts
9,318 battles

While we're on the subject... can we have Mikhail Kutuzov again? Yes? Pretty please...  with a cherry on top.:fish_cute_2:

Players
1,102 posts
7,416 battles

With the amount of hydro available at lower Tiers these days you'd think people would understand the dangers of static DD play. No need to let Belfast loose again, ta V much.