Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kingzy2013

Leviathan accuracy consumable

46 comments in this topic

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles

Just watched a video of the event and remembered about this thing. 

Would anyone else love it for that to actually be a option. Sick to death or shotgunning around a full broadside target only for retardism to get rewarded by rng. A consumable like that, good for one salvo every few mins for those perfect opportunities would be amazing. 

It would punish misplay and reward smart use of it 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 6

[DAVY]
Players
1,556 posts
9,158 battles

why don't we add the invulnerability one too? no thx, that'd be time to leave...

• Cool 7

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles

Ye... how about no?

I guess it would be for BBs only, as other ships wont need it. BBs dont need to oneshot more stuff, they are already good enough at it. The balance for huge Alpha strike is bad dispersion,

As Salentine said, then i want invulnerability aswell for my Cruisers just to balance it out. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[AVRDM]
Players
1,434 posts
6,672 battles

It was one of the reasons why I did not touch the event (well, I played 2 times)

In addition you do not need to wait for broadsides to use it. With high precision the overmatch would do the rest. So it would not punish the bad game but the use of cruises in general.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
92 posts
7,473 battles
18 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

Would anyone else love it for that to actually be a option. Sick to death or shotgunning around a full broadside target only for retardism to get rewarded by rng. A consumable like that, good for one salvo every few mins for those perfect opportunities would be amazing. 

Lets make it like in a real life where landing 3 out of 100 shells was the success.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HUN]
Players
228 posts
2,283 battles
6 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

Lets make it like in a real life where landing 3 out of 100 shells was the success.

And where engagements lasted several hours ...

• Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,643 posts
6,501 battles
25 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

sorry but I don't understand what you are asking for.

Leviathan had a consumable that gave it a sigma value off the charts for two salvos or something and was crap.

I prefer the ships of the previous event by far.

Magnu-S

and the chappy one.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,357 battles

For battleships deffinitely no....the only way I could see this implemented is by giving it to a cruiser and only make it available for a single salvo. And even then...

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles

A cruiser would not need something like this due to generally pretty spot on accuracy already (few exceptions) I would take it on kron tho. 

Surprising how many people don't like the idea of punishing miss play and rewarding good play. I'd love to see a bigger variety of offensive consumables, by no means would I expect this to be as pin point as the event version. But a consumable which increases long range accuracy would be a good addition. Even if it were in place of a defensive such as spotter planes or fighters etc. 

I suppose I'm the only one which doesn't enjoy bad plays going unpunished with no counter purely due to RNG, go figure. 

[AVRDM]
Players
1,434 posts
6,672 battles
1 minute ago, kingzy2013 said:

A cruiser would not need something like this due to generally pretty spot on accuracy already (few exceptions) I would take it on kron tho. 

Surprising how many people don't like the idea of punishing miss play and rewarding good play. I'd love to see a bigger variety of offensive consumables, by no means would I expect this to be as pin point as the event version. But a consumable which increases long range accuracy would be a good addition. Even if it were in place of a defensive such as spotter planes or fighters etc. 

I suppose I'm the only one which doesn't enjoy bad plays going unpunished with no counter purely due to RNG, go figure. 

Do you know the overmatch mechanics? Now imagine a BB with high precision... It would not punish the bad game, it would punish anything you can see.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles
21 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

Kronshtadt is already outperforming the other T9 Cruiser because of its health. Yes i agree that Krons dispersion is pretty meh (its kinda close to NC dispersion actually), but it has too much other stuff going for it, so getting a buff to its dispersion, even occasionally, would be too much.

21 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

How about we start punishing bad plays of BBs instead of punishing any play from Cruisers? :cap_hmm:

Give BBs back their citadel would be a start...

• Cool 6

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
8,347 battles

i want the 200k HP Nikolai at Tier8

[HUN]
Players
228 posts
2,283 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Give BBs back their citadel would be a start...

Did you mean DD?

Because BBs do have citadels, I scored plenty of them. Yeah, most German BBs practically cannot be citadeled, but they have so many disadvantages in other areas, that it's just fair.

Beta Tester
1,912 posts
2,632 battles
59 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

HELL NO! JUST NO!!!

Said it better than I could. *edited* off @kingzy2013 your idea is, quite frankly, crazy talk.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles
3 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

Did you mean DD?

Because BBs do have citadels, I scored plenty of them. Yeah, most German BBs practically cannot be citadeled, but they have so many disadvantages in other areas, that it's just fair.

Only because they have one, doesnt mean you can hit it at all or even easily for that matter.

German BBs atleast eat massive AP pen damage even when angled... look at the other newer lines, who basicly dont have a citadel either, or the lowered citadel on Montana - why?

Apart from Republique, even french BBs seem to be hard to citadel (atleast i cant get them constantly compared to, lets say, IJN BBs). Point blank range i citadelled an Alsace just fine, but mid-long range? Usually something like 10k max.

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles
2 hours ago, lafeel said:

Said it better than I could. *edited* off @kingzy2013 your idea is, quite frankly, crazy talk.

Blimey, so many hostile cruiser mains. 

I used this consumable as an example. I'd simply like more offensive consumables come into play. 

I also did not say for every single ship. 

But certain ships let's take German BB for example could use some of chance of hitting a broadside past 15km 

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles
9 hours ago, kingzy2013 said:

Blimey, so many hostile cruiser mains. 

I used this consumable as an example. I'd simply like more offensive consumables come into play.

I dont see any Cruiser-mains here - i see WoWs players, who dont like your BB catering example.

Making offensive consumable is imo rather tricky. I dont really like the MBRB for french ships, as i think its too punishing, and a threat which is ALWAYS there, simply because you cant ever show broadside.

While writing that, i thought about making IFHE a consumable. That would actually make much more sense imo, than have it as a captain skill which is just a straight upgrade (not a tradeoff). Make IFHE a consumable, for lets say 1 minute active, and make firechance 0% for that duration.

But certain ships let's take German BB for example could use some of chance of hitting a broadside past 15km

Again, how about no? 17,6km devstrike :cap_tea: Right after that i devstriked a DM, which was a bit closer, but nonetheless a devstrike.

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.77c87b54e4aff05da055470d1d0533aa.jpgshot-19_01.16_00_50.42-0244.thumb.jpg.28b7c23e81ba352c4526fb74afcce3c3.jpg

*edit

And BBs can get away with that because?... they can sail full broadside for several minutes (not every BB, granted), and not die.

And yes, some torps can randomly miss because torpspreads have RNG pattern, and they can form convenient gaps. If you turn in time, you can receive much less damage simply because of RNG aswell.

Also you simply ignore overmatch from BBs against cruisers. With a tighter dispersion by pressing a button, a Cruiser which is angled can basicly be devstriked through the bow (atleas it might be possible)

• Cool 1

Players
1,459 posts
15,148 battles
4 hours ago, kingzy2013 said:

Be bit patience and wait for final announcement of the great Russian BBs, da? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles
30 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont see any Cruiser-mains here - i see WoWs players, who dont like your BB catering example.

Making offensive consumable is imo rather tricky. I dont really like the MBRB for french ships, as i think its too punishing, and a threat which is ALWAYS there, simply because you cant ever show broadside.

While writing that, i thought about making IFHE a consumable. That would actually make much more sense imo, than have it as a captain skill which is just a straight upgrade (not a tradeoff). Make IFHE a consumable, for lets say 1 minute active, and make firechance 0% for that duration.

Again, how about no? 17,6km devstrike :cap_tea: Right after that i devstriked a DM, which was a bit closer, but nonetheless a devstrike.

Hide contents

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.77c87b54e4aff05da055470d1d0533aa.jpgshot-19_01.16_00_50.42-0244.thumb.jpg.28b7c23e81ba352c4526fb74afcce3c3.jpg

And BBs can get away with that because?... they can sail full broadside for several minutes (not every BB, granted), and not die.

And yes, some torps can randomly miss because torpspreads have RNG pattern, and they can form convenient gaps. If you turn in time, you can receive much less damage simply because of RNG aswell.

Also you simply ignore overmatch from BBs against cruisers. With a tighter dispersion by pressing a button, a Cruiser which is angled can basicly be devstriked through the bow (atleas it might be possible)

And how often have you lined shots like that up, only for the shells to go everywhere but the broadside of the target. 

But yes I do agree with the IFHE being a consumable would be good, but if fire chance is reduced to nothing I'd like the alpha to get buffed to compensate for that. But then it would be just shooting AP I guess. 

Torps missing because of spread is not RNG that's design, they go where they were suppose to go, just distance dictates the length of the spread nothing random.about it. 

Overmatch would present a issue with it I agree with that. But I'm not totally familiar with which t10 cruisers are overmatched by German or us BBS off the top of my head. As I would assume it would be balanced around a full t10 matchup. 

As for.the USSR BB, only time with tell but 1.7 sigma is not encouraging so far lol 

[L4GG]
Players
1,643 posts
6,501 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Lululul a Yamato with 100% accuracy? Itll delete any ship in the game with one salvo

Or not.

All depends on the aiming skills.

Leviathan had a consumable like that and when you activated it was the same as putting all your eggs in a basket , sometimes they went all to waste, either you missed, or all bounces, or just missed the target, sometimes you hit the bingo.

And it's why it sucked so much.

In halo ops I only activated it in close range at a broadside ship.

With dispersion you could do the same amazing shots, do a reasonable amount of damage with a bad salvo, overall was more consistent.

And either way, in the end, this is the same as detonations.

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles
29 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

And how often have you lined shots like that up, only for the shells to go everywhere but the broadside of the target. 

And at the same time, everyone has gotten those random citadels when the target was evading and that one shell just went right for it.

Is it good? Maybe... maybe not. But overall it will even out, somtimes you are lucky, and sometimes not.

Giving better dispersion to BBs, would make better players simply OP, while people who are bad at aiming would get punished, as they simply miss everything.

Personaly i would like that wows would be less RNG, but that would be too much.

But yes I do agree with the IFHE being a consumable would be good, but if fire chance is reduced to nothing I'd like the alpha to get buffed to compensate for that. But then it would be just shooting AP I guess. 

Not really, since HE cant bounce. If you can penetrate, it will deal damage, while AP depends on angling and armor penetration.

That was just an initial idea, sure it needs to be tweaked. And the current version of IFHE is just bad imo. Its a must have for certain ships, and there are only very few builds which count be considered fun/troll where IFHE isnt necessary but does give an advantage at the cost of something else (like Secondary builds). Also thats something that needs to be considered, if IFHE would be a consumable and not a captain skill.

Torps missing because of spread is not RNG that's design, they go where they were suppose to go, just distance dictates the length of the spread nothing random.about it. 

Im not sure if you know / understood me: Torpspread has RNG, as the torps arent launched symmetrical to each other. Some gaps are bigger, while some are smaller between the torps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3K0TfdMmY

Overmatch would present a issue with it I agree with that. But I'm not totally familiar with which t10 cruisers are overmatched by German or us BBS off the top of my head. As I would assume it would be balanced around a full t10 matchup. 

Depends what Cruiser you are facing.

Basicly all Bows/Afts can be overmatched by all T10 BBs, only exception is the lower Bow from Moskva/Stalingrad, which cant be overmatched by any BB.

At the same time, some Cruisers (Hindenburg, Henri, Zao?) have 30mm upper belt armor, which can bounce GK/Montana shells, but not Yamato/Republique. Conqueror depends on the guns used, but we can assume that the smaller version is mostly using HE anyway, so it doesnt matter.

Oh ye i forgot, Bourgogne can only overmatch Zao/Worcester/Minotaur bow (afaik), because it has only 380mm caliber, and the Cruisers have 25/16mm bow armor.

Gets more complicated the more Ships gets introduced... cant remember them all either. I probably might if i would have them all in port :Smile_teethhappy:

As for.the USSR BB, only time with tell but 1.7 sigma is not encouraging so far lol 

Ive heard, that the Dispersion elipse is better than IJN BBs, which have the best dispersion so far. So having 1,7 sigma is the downside for having better dispersion to begin with.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

All of the Halloween ships had crazy consumables. They worked because everyone else had them, the battles were more about brawly action than careful strategy (which also meant imbalances were a little less relevant), and the operations were balanced with them in mind. They were not balanced nor are they a good idea on the ships in Randoms.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this