Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
zsoni96

Stronghold gamemode for clans like in WOT

7 comments in this topic

[MAKT]
Players
1 post
1,237 battles

Hello evryone,

I think a lot of players played WoT so it's not going to be a new thing fort you. The basic idea is a following you can play against other clans anytime in this gamemode in various tier like VI, VIII and X like in WoT (personally i preffered tier VI and VIII) 

So you geather up 5-7 clan members and play this gamemode it's like a small clan battle but you can play it anytime without time limit. The rewards should be something like 100oil 50coal and maybe 10 steal/ victory and credits and xp. Maybe they should add a leaderbord for the mode too. I feel that you don't really have to much activity with other clan members yes you can do divison battles and operations alwys but not the cb, so i think we need a mode where clans can play against each other always and earn rewards and this would be rewarding for not too experinced players too who dosen't have tier X ships.

Why would it be good? You can have more clan activity and you can practice more for cb and eaven earn some more resources.

Here is a youtube video about the old stronghold system in WoT which i liked ( i don't know the new one Istopped playing it)

And here is a tier VI stronghold battle

I loved that mode hope you find it intresting too.

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles

Yesterday 1563 clans on the EU server have played at least 1 battle during the whole 4th season of CBs. That's 7,8% of all (19963) EU clans. Source.

Creating another separate clan mode makes no sense, as the current one doesn't generate enough interest and participation. There's a reason WG is creating a cross-server CB season.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,235 posts
7,417 battles

I actually think WG should've started with this instead of clan seasons that are quite limited.

And to make a remark towards what is being said by Aragathor, though I do kinda agree with him, I also don't. I think a lot of clans don't participate because of several reasons

- Bad MM rules

- They are not progressing, thus not getting any rewards, so what is the point?

- Clans are really limited in size, I have experience with clans in WoT that had 90+ members and still struggled to get people playing regularly at specific set times. Try that with only 30 players.

- Limited to tier X. Not everyone has tier X ships, especially those needed for CBs (CoughdareIsayStalingradcough)

I think strongholds might be more effective: it sets a goal for an evening with rewards for it, this way it does not seem an insurmountable hill to climb to play an entire season to only end up in lower storm for example.

The tiers 6-8-10 spreads are also pretty good in tanks, because it allows people that just do not have tier X ships (or the credits to play an entire evening for that matter) to just drop down to a lower tier.

The amount of people playing is also a factor in tanks, so in lower tier strongholds, you don't need as many players as in tier 8 and again in tier 10 (full 15 players). Again, this helps the lower end clans.

In the end the problem with CBs as they are now is that they are solely meant for those that can play in Typhoon and Hurricane. And those clans are few in the whole scope of things. The rest of the clans have no reason to play beyond getting the missions for gale/storm. After that there is no point for them to play any further.

• Cool 3

[DAVY]
Players
1,555 posts
9,122 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Yesterday 1563 clans on the EU server have played at least 1 battle during the whole 4th season of CBs. That's 7,8% of all (19963) EU clans. Source.

Creating another separate clan mode makes no sense, as the current one doesn't generate enough interest and participation. There's a reason WG is creating a cross-server CB season.

well there sort of is, take the original posters clan, they only have 4 people with at least 1 T10 and bad win rates, so clan battles are probably out for them, introducing a mode where they can play at T6 or T8 might encourage them to get involved a bit more, but as for the rewards he mentioned they're better than cb's so no chance...

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
608 posts
9,897 battles
7 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Lets put that into a bit better context. Source: WG's own API.

20,690 EU clans in total.

4,292 EU clans which are one man bands.

13,353 EU clans which have less than 7 members.

(So the above clans just cannot participate in clan battles anyway).

7,155 EU clans which have 7 or more members.

4,622 EU clans who have 14 or more members.

3,226 EU clans who have 21 or more members.

1,825 EU clans who have 28 or more members.

927 EU clans who have 35 or more members.

[DAVY]
Players
474 posts
4,302 battles
8 hours ago, Aragathor said:

bc clan battles in WOWs are garbage.  Only the top tier players will ever get the best rewards while legally gatekeeping with B and even C teams.  Nobody cares anymore. 

• Bad 1

[AS13]
Players
2,140 posts
2,161 battles
15 hours ago, Loran_Battle said:

I actually think WG should've started with this instead of clan seasons that are quite limited.

And to make a remark towards what is being said by Aragathor, though I do kinda agree with him, I also don't. I think a lot of clans don't participate because of several reasons

- Bad MM rules

- They are not progressing, thus not getting any rewards, so what is the point?

- Clans are really limited in size, I have experience with clans in WoT that had 90+ members and still struggled to get people playing regularly at specific set times. Try that with only 30 players.

- Limited to tier X. Not everyone has tier X ships, especially those needed for CBs (CoughdareIsayStalingradcough)

I think strongholds might be more effective: it sets a goal for an evening with rewards for it, this way it does not seem an insurmountable hill to climb to play an entire season to only end up in lower storm for example.

The tiers 6-8-10 spreads are also pretty good in tanks, because it allows people that just do not have tier X ships (or the credits to play an entire evening for that matter) to just drop down to a lower tier.

The amount of people playing is also a factor in tanks, so in lower tier strongholds, you don't need as many players as in tier 8 and again in tier 10 (full 15 players). Again, this helps the lower end clans.

In the end the problem with CBs as they are now is that they are solely meant for those that can play in Typhoon and Hurricane. And those clans are few in the whole scope of things. The rest of the clans have no reason to play beyond getting the missions for gale/storm. After that there is no point for them to play any further.

T6-8-10 would indeed be much better. Besides that, WG could add some 'scenario' stuff to it.

Having just a map and shooting the -F- out of the reds is beginning to be a bit boring. 

Sure there are caps and concentric circles and all that, but usually, the red team just needs to die.

I see many games where nobody cares what the objective is, and they just murder the other ones.

How about a bit of 'convoy guarding' or something like we see in operations?

The one with the harbour would be perfect for two teams. 

The one with the Raptor-CV would be excellent too. And Narai.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this