Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
markphil68

CV compensation issue

7 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
Players
14 posts
15,626 battles

I read about the compensation rules in the upcoming CV rework.
One of your old articles in the news section you talked about the alternatives CV lines.
In these lines Essex and Taiho are the new tier 10.
I don't want any compensation for these ships and remove them from my account .
I don't want to grind in the future the alternative line all over again when I own the CVs in the first place .
I am sure there are a lot of players just like me and feel the same way.
Consider seriously this option please and hopefully someone from the WoW listen.
Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Cool 1

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,435 posts
4,400 battles

As there will be only one cv techtree per nation after the patch you don't have a choice.

Players
4,535 posts
9,260 battles
1 hour ago, markphil68 said:

One of your old articles in the news section you talked about the alternatives CV lines.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/cv-rework-changes/

For the time being your XP on those Ships will be transferred to the Tier below as the new Tech Tree doesn't exist right now. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,169 posts
11,007 battles
1 hour ago, markphil68 said:

In these lines Essex and Taiho are the new tier 10.
I don't want any compensation for these ships and remove them from my account .
I don't want to grind in the future the alternative line all over again when I own the CVs in the first place .
I am sure there are a lot of players just like me and feel the same way.
Consider seriously this option please and hopefully someone from the WoW listen.
Thank you.

There are going to be two CV branches (one of them somewhere in the future) going all the way to t10. They have less ships but these ships are worth more XP than "normal" ships of these tiers. The amount of XP "in" these two branches, while lower than than in two normal branches, is going to be MUCH larger than the amount of XP you had to grind through to get the old tX. And the difference between a full tX branch and the "even tier ships only" branch is actually going to be given to you as free XP when the patch hits. You can use this freeXP to skip part of the grind of the new branch when it appears - but it obviously won't be nearly enough.

Now, if you want the new promised-for-somewhere-in-the-future branch, you can refund the old one and have more than enough freeXP to skip that grind completely. But to give the players TWO entire lines of CVs because they had one? That's... well, I won't say it's not possible for WG to offer something like that if they really wanted to - but it's not a very realistic demand. I estimate the chances of you getting what you ask for at far below 1%

[BYOB]
Players
14 posts
15,626 battles
44 minutes ago, eliastion said:

There are going to be two CV branches (one of them somewhere in the future) going all the way to t10. They have less ships but these ships are worth more XP than "normal" ships of these tiers. The amount of XP "in" these two branches, while lower than than in two normal branches, is going to be MUCH larger than the amount of XP you had to grind through to get the old tX. And the difference between a full tX branch and the "even tier ships only" branch is actually going to be given to you as free XP when the patch hits. You can use this freeXP to skip part of the grind of the new branch when it appears - but it obviously won't be nearly enough.

Now, if you want the new promised-for-somewhere-in-the-future branch, you can refund the old one and have more than enough freeXP to skip that grind completely. But to give the players TWO entire lines of CVs because they had one? That's... well, I won't say it's not possible for WG to offer something like that if they really wanted to - but it's not a very realistic demand. I estimate the chances of you getting what you ask for at far below 1%

Actually I have all CVs US and IJN from tier 6 to tier 10 and if the future alternative CV cost more e.g. old tier 9 ESSEX vs new tier 10 ESSEX then I will be glad to pay the difference but not grind the entire line from the beginning .
Perhaps these odd CVs can be transfer to innovatory for the future alternative CV line . 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,169 posts
11,007 battles
18 minutes ago, markphil68 said:

Actually I have all CVs US and IJN from tier 6 to tier 10 and if the future alternative CV cost more e.g. old tier 9 ESSEX vs new tier 10 ESSEX then I will be glad to pay the difference but not grind the entire line from the beginning .
Perhaps these odd CVs can be transfer to innovatory for the future alternative CV line . 

It's like this:

New t6 costs more than old t6 but less than old t5+t6.

New t8 costs more than old t8 but less than old t7+t8.

New t10 costs more than old t10 but less than old t9+t10.

When the patch hits, the t7, t8 and t9 get removed and you receive freeXP equal to

Old t5 + Old t6 - New t6

Old t7 + Old t8 - New t8

Old t9 + Old t10 - New t10

As a result, you'll find yourself sitting on a nice pile of extra freeXP. This freeXP can, obviously, be used to speed up your grind of the new CV line (consisting of the old CVs :Smile-_tongue: ). But it won't be nearly enough to get to t10.

To put it simply and without dividing it between ships:

pre-patch: you have a whole line that's "worth" old_line_XP

post-patch: you have a whole new line that's "worth" new_line_XP AND you also have old_line_XP - new_line_XP amount of freeXP

So it's not like you get nothing to start your journey towards having the old-new CVs when they reappear - but to skip said journey completely you're going to need a lot of freeXP from elsewhere. It will actually be just paying the difference between XP cost of the old line and the combined cost of both new lines, you won't end up spending more XP than someone who just starts playing after the patch, grinds one line and then grinds the other one. But this difference to make up for between the single 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 line and two 4,6,8,10 + 6,8,10 lines won't be a small amount, especially since these ships are going to be more costly when compared to their equivalents from every-tier-has-a-ship lines.

• Cool 3

Players
269 posts
12,532 battles

I currently have Shokaku with 61k XP. So if I research Taiho using 113k FXP, when the patch hits I'll be compensated with 140k FXP, am I reading that correctly?

If players have aircraft carriers Shokaku and Taiho researched, the difference between the cost of researching old aircraft carriers and the new Shokaku, amounting 140,000 Free XP, is added to their accounts.

Sign in to follow this