Sign in to follow this  
Han951753

Alaska FXP or Arsenal

25 comments in this topic

[K-D-F]
Beta Tester
63 posts
4,637 battles

As we all know that WG is going to remove Masashi from the shop and possibly replace it with Alaska, so there comes the question. How much does a Alaska going to cost? Is it fxp only or you can get it with coal as well, and how much is it, does anyone have an conformation on it? I really want to know.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles

As answered multiple times:

1.000.000 FXP

Other options are not known, yet.

• Cool 1

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
26 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

As answered multiple times

better start a new thread than using the search function...

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
2 hours ago, Han951753 said:

Masashi from the shop and possibly replace it with Alaska, s

Musashi is replaced by Jean Bart. Alaska is replacing Kronshtad. It will cost 1M free xp. 

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
26 minutes ago, quickr said:

Musashi is replaced by Jean Bart. Alaska is replacing Kronshtad. It will cost 1M free xp. 

Grossly over priced to be honest (imho)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles

When the Missouri came out, I needed 9 month for the XP. Now I need 5 month for a million and play less. Yes, it is obviously too much....

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
27 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Grossly over priced to be honest (imho)

Not at all. With all the flags, camos, containers, missions and events.. it's easy to collect that amount of free xp.

• Boring 2

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
Just now, quickr said:

Not at all. With all the flags, camos, containers, missions and events.. it's easy to collect that amount of free xp.

You're missing the point entirely. It's not about how easy it is to collect the free xp, it's about whether or not she's a third again better than the Kronstadt, and guess what, simply put, she isn't.

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

it's about whether or not she's a third again better than the Kronstadt, and guess what, simply put, she isn't.

Sorry, can you rephrase this, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Also, I'm checking your stats and I don't see that you played either Kronshtad or Alaska. How do you know which one is better?

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
Just now, quickr said:

Sorry, can you rephrase this, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Also, I'm checking your stats and I don't see that you played either Kronshtad or Alaska. How do you know which one is better?

I have played the Kronstadt, better check again. :Smile-_tongue: Also, been watching people testing the Alaska for the entire period they have been allowed to show her being tested.

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I have played the Kronstadt, better check again

You are right, I'm sorry, my mistake.

3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Also, been watching people testing the Alaska for the entire period they have been allowed to show her being tested.

Once it's been released we'll see how strong or weak she really is.
Alaska was announced half a year ago, it's been numerous iterations of it. I'll make my judgment when I see the final released version of it.

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
Just now, quickr said:

You are right, I'm sorry, my mistake.

Once it's been released we'll see how strong or weak she really is.
Alaska was announced half a year ago, it's been numerous iterations of it. I'll make my judgment when I see the final released version of it.

Fair enough. But I don't see how she's ever going to be 33% better than the Kronstadt to make up for being 33% more expensive.

[DREAD]
Players
5,725 posts
5,206 battles

Fair enough. But I don't see how she's ever going to be 33% better than the Kronstadt to make up for being 33% more expensive.

Well Kronstadt is awesome. From the videos it looks like Alaska will be pretty strong too. Will probably wait a bit as one isn’t really in a rush with Free XP and Coal ships. 

• Boring 1

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles

750k free xp year or 2 years ago is (almost) the same as 1M free xp now when it comes to how easily you can grind it

It's not that she needs to be 30% better, it's that free xp is much more easier to obtain now than it was before.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
Just now, 1MajorKoenig said:

Well Kronstadt is awesome. From the videos it looks like Alaska will be pretty strong too. Will probably wait a bit as one isn’t really in a rush with Free XP and Coal ships. 

Agreed on the Kronstadt, not sold on the Alaska. Also, I will say it right here, right now: I will eat my hat if she's 33% better than the Kronny.

Just now, quickr said:

750k free xp year or 2 years ago is (almost) the same as 1M free xp now when it comes to how easily you can grind it

It's not that she needs to be 30% better, it's that free xp is much more easier to obtain now than it was before.

You just keep telling yourself that dude.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles
4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

You just keep telling yourself that dude.

Well, he's got a point....I had to work hard to get my missouri, but now I've purchased nelson and I still have enough free xp to get alaska and I didn't even focus on collecting free xp.

[FRANK]
Beta Tester
27 posts
6,070 battles

Can confirm, grinding 1 mil free exp is really easy nowadays, grinded the 1 mil around new year with all the exp,fexp flags and camo while doing operation dynamo in 4 man divs with anti aa sims. took around 10 days

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles

Doesn't mean she's neccessarily worth that amount of free xp just because you can grind it more easily now for *edited!*s sakes. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles

Free XP has much less worth now.

Alaska would have to be much weaker than Kronshtadt to be not worth it.

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
22 posts
2,102 battles

at least 2 people talking about the worth of FXP also have stated they grind it on premium ships. Are you converting it with gold or just relying on the XP increases afforded to premiums? If converting then remember not everyone has the cash money to do so.

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
1 minute ago, Syned said:

relying on the XP increases afforded to premiums?

This... Good game in Belfast with flags and camos could earn you somewhere around 10k free Xp per game (give or take)

Like I said, when I first started playing it took me ages to accumulate any decent amount of free xp. Now days, with all the free xp flags and camos and missions and campaigns and crates.... it's too easy.

Players
440 posts
7,517 battles

1 million free XP divided by 35 = 28.571 doubloons when converting XP to free XP.

30.500 doubloons is only € 99,99

With Free XP so much easier to earn these days, shouldn't WG change conversion to 35 XP per doubloon in normal cases and 50 XP per doubloon when there is a discount?

[-PVE-]
Beta Tester
42 posts
6,952 battles

see many are missing the point.... not everyone own a OP premium ship for people with regular account and few premium ships 1 mil exp is a nightmare

tho i am fine with 1 mil cost of the ship but she better be worth it :D

Players
276 posts
5,104 battles

Possibility of her being nerfed in the future (like the GC) for sure makes u think twice,

How much she costs is relevant only to how much u have

I am sitting on 1.27 mill FXP and can buy all the dubloons I want in the premium shop

Sign in to follow this