You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FukushuNL

What a nose <3

35 comments in this topic

[BODEM]
Players
103 posts
4,568 battles

I think the Russian BBs are looking beautiful. Can't wait to start their line. Dunno if they are competative or not. I mean, I love those long E-Type-ish noses, but dunno if that is going to hurt them, apart from turning circles.

[BODEM]
Players
103 posts
4,568 battles

What does the 457mm mean for the Kremlin? Is it so high because of the damage it does? So it does the highest dmg a BB can do without overmatching 32mm?

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
39 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

What does the 457mm mean for the Kremlin? Is it so high because of the damage it does? So it does the highest dmg a BB can do without overmatching 32mm?

They also have better penetration than Yamatos guns (and i think, so do the smaller guns on Kremlin too :cap_fainting:)

Players
737 posts
245 battles

they dont look good on paper they remind me of german bb's but with werid gimmicks.

unless they get changed i reckon they will just be avg to below avg for the most part.

note the 'unless changed' part of the message.

• Cool 2

Players
154 posts
1,370 battles
35 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

they dont look good on paper they remind me of german bb's but with werid gimmicks.

unless they get changed i reckon they will just be avg to below avg for the most part.

note the 'unless changed' part of the message.

Something like British (fire chance) and German (hp pool) element, it will be interesting to see the armor profile of the ships. But for all intents and purposes they might resemble the cruisers, meaning they will be nasty tough to crack if played proper 😊

• Cool 1

Players
737 posts
245 battles
7 minutes ago, Hyperion84 said:

Something like British (fire chance) and German (hp pool) element, it will be interesting to see the armor profile of the ships. But for all intents and purposes they might resemble the cruisers, meaning they will be nasty tough to crack if played proper 😊

yeah they have some interesting characteristics, the radar doesn't seem all to useful since most bb's are spotted before and after that range anyways i guess it will mostly be a late game thing.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
12,171 battles
47 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

yeah they have some interesting characteristics, the radar doesn't seem all to useful since most bb's are spotted before and after that range anyways i guess it will mostly be a late game thing. 

Quite the contrary I deem the radar incredibly powerful. Where did you get the impression that most BBs are spotted before 15km? Typical BB concealment ranges are in between 12 and 13.5km (using camo, module and captain skill), even for the bigger ones like Yamato.  If this goes through this is a huge nerf to BB survival chance because you can not as easily go dark anymore and will die to focus fire more often. So if worst comes to worst this might even lead to a BB engagement range meta shift and even more baseline camping.

• Cool 1

Players
737 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Quite the contrary I deem the radar incredibly powerful. Where did you get the impression that most BBs are spotted before 15km? Typical BB concealment ranges are in between 12 and 13.5km (using camo, module and captain skill), even for the bigger ones like Yamato.  If this goes through this is a huge nerf to BB survival chance because you can not as easily go dark anymore and will die to focus fire more often. So if worst comes to worst this might even lead to a BB engagement range meta shift.

Well it seems like people don't really know how to hold their fire and that i doubt the majority of people have proper builds or full 19pt captains even at higher tiers.

I see your point about disengaging that this will probably lead to more bb's sitting at the back, but usually most people in this game fail to utilise things properly half the time.

Not even sure why they gave it radar in the first place.

Mind you i only reached tier 8 awhile ago so i don't know how tier 9 and 10 gameplay is on a regular basis but from my limited experience and various vids the gameplay doesn't seem that much different actually alot more static.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
12,171 battles
22 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Well it seems like people don't really know how to hold their fire and that i doubt the majority of people have proper builds or full 19pt captains even at higher tiers.

Well you either need a 10 or 14 skill point commander for concealment expert and fire prevention, depending on what you favour first. Exceptions of course are secondary battery BBs or if you are afraid of CV's or else. And the majority of BB's will involuntarily go silent for at least 10 seconds as reload time is 30 seconds vs gun bloom of only 20 secs.

I see your point about disengaging that this will probably lead to more bb's sitting at the back, but usually most people in this game fail to utilise things properly half the time.

True dat. One basic game element for all ship types is positioning and it is so much easier the lower your concealment rating. Best case you are riding the red line (aka concealment range) while battling the enemy fleet, enabling you to go in and out of focus as you choose. Obviously this is not valid while executing a push or using secondary spec.

Mind you i only reached tier 8 awhile ago so i don't know how tier 9 and 10 gameplay is on a regular basis but from my limited experience and various vids the gameplay doesn't seem that much different actually alot more static. 

Don't worry and see for yourself. You have plenty of time to experience the high tier meta and to learn from your eventual mistakes. The biggest high tier issue is the increased number of guns coupled with increased firing ranges that often lead to increased engagement ranges and somewhat more static gameplay (at least when compared to T4 or T5).

• Cool 1

Players
154 posts
1,370 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

No, what about storms and cyclones which reduces your visibility? Thanks to the radar nasty bb can't ambush you in a storm or like and even better the rest of your team will be able to engage the targets when spotted. Very useful.

Also unspotted bb such as Roma lurking around will be discovered before she is normally spotted that's also very useful.

I think the radar gimmick introduces totally new tactics to the game in regards to enemy bb who is very stealthy will end up getting radared and nuked 😊

• Cool 1

Players
737 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Hyperion84 said:

No, what about storms and cyclones which reduces your visibility? Thanks to the radar nasty bb can't ambush you in a storm or like and even better the rest of your team will be able to engage the targets when spotted. Very useful.

Also unspotted bb such as Roma lurking around will be discovered before she is normally spotted that's also very useful.

I think the radar gimmick introduces totally new tactics to the game in regards to enemy bb who is very stealthy will end up getting radared and nuked 😊

Yeah i kinda realised that from ubertron, im not sure why they gave them such a radar or even in the first place unless they want to make the russian BB line to Anti BB-BB's for whatever reason.

I heard how radar works has changed (in storms you only see them as spotted on the minimap or is this applicable to regular gamemodes as well?)

Hmm will need to play more games with my charles martel.

Players
154 posts
1,370 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Yeah i kinda realised that from ubertron, im not sure why they gave them such a radar or even in the first place unless they want to make the russian BB line to Anti BB-BB's for whatever reason.

I heard how radar works has changed (in storms you only see them as spotted on the minimap or is this applicable to regular gamemodes as well?)

Hmm will need to play more games with my charles martel.

If you are spotted, your are spotted regardless of storms, that is they see you like normally spotted.

I think the reason they limited the radar is because if the overwhelming use of radar ships and how some classes has their difficulties raised even further by auto detection by radars.

Also deep water torpedos works on the principal, that is they don't hurt destroyers or in some cases even cruisers.

This also means the ru bb becomes more a anti bb ship due to utility and ability to spot these for the team regardless of concealment :cap_look:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles

InB4 all of that nose is 50mm except maybe a 1m² spot on the very tip that's a nominal 32mm.

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,917 battles

If we can have Soviet fantasies, why not some Japanese (for a change, without the big nose)?:

japanese_super_battleship_by_kara_alvama

Exactly the same abstraction level. :cap_horn:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
25 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

If we can have Soviet fantasies, why not some Japanese (for a change, without the big nose)?:

japanese_super_battleship_by_kara_alvama

Exactly the same abstraction level. :cap_horn:

Come on, that thing is so unrealistic it's not even funny.

I don't see a single torpedo-mount anywhere. Back to the drawing board with you!

• Funny 2

[BS4]
Players
828 posts
5,330 battles

From tier VIII on they have some insane figures IMO..180 degrees in 30 seconds  gun rotation speed, (even at tier X? Come on WG seriously?) big health/ damage pools, RNL BB fire chance if not higher oh and of course 15klm Radar on a battleship.

Cos that's just what the game needs..... more frikin Radar at tier VIII and up!

JVRqU4i.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if the BB's of this games own nation will be of course OP as hell.:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,917 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Come on, that thing is so unrealistic it's not even funny.

oh, why? :cap_tea:

I don't see a single torpedo-mount anywhere. Back to the drawing board with you!

Eeasy. All those seaplanes can drop torpedoes! Sonar guided torpedoes which have 15km range and can track turning ships (even in smoke or cyclone) + go around islands!

But - all balanced, comrade! - those torpedoes can ONLY see & hit destroyers! :cat_paw:

• Funny 1

Players
1,818 posts
10,138 battles

WG have you guys fooled. The gimmick isnt the radar, its in the nose.

In the proud Russian tradition of Matryoshka dolls, when your BB hp falls to 0, a Khaba pops out and you get to continue the game in it :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13

Players
154 posts
1,370 battles
1 hour ago, pra3y said:

WG have you guys fooled. The gimmick isnt the radar, its in the nose.

In the proud Russian tradition of Matryoshka dolls, when your BB hp falls to 0, a Khaba pops out and you get to continue the game in it :Smile_trollface:

And here I thought a Moskva did spawn, silly me :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Players
51 posts
2,430 battles
6 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

From tier VIII on they have some insane figures IMO..180 degrees in 30 seconds  gun rotation speed, (even at tier X? Come on WG seriously?) big health/ damage pools, RNL BB fire chance if not higher oh and of course 15klm Radar on a battleship.

Cos that's just what the game needs..... more frikin Radar at tier VIII and up!

JVRqU4i.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if the BB's of this games own nation will be of course OP as hell.:Smile_sceptic:

They also have:

1.7 sigma 

Over 30 second reloads

radar only hits BBs and CVs, not DDs or CAs

short range on the main guns (not that you would want to shoot very far with 1.7 sigma)

Also the T10 has 457MM guns (same as conq with big guns), but only has like 48% fire chance or something like that. Even with the one less gun on the Brits, they get like a 63% or some ridiculous fire chance like that. Not to forget the British get 1/4 pen on HE, which was not mentioned for the Russians.

At the moment I think the Russian BBs sound underwhelming TBH. A bunch of little gimmicks thrown together that don't complement each other. I mean, what is the 30 second turret turn time going to do when brawling is out of the question with 34 second reloads and only 9 guns? 

• Cool 1

Players
1,818 posts
10,138 battles
4 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

And here I thought a Moskva did spawn, silly me :cap_haloween:

Shhhhh, that is for the Russian CV line:Smile_child:

• Funny 1