Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MistaBoo

Hacks. Rather bemused.

15 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
32 posts
2,223 battles

I decided to ask WG CS  a few questions a couple of days ago about general things and the replies i got were pretty much what i expected with exception to one i asked about hacks.

The question was straight forward. "How many known hacks are currently being used in-game?"

The replay was as expected a "we dont know". Fair enough thats a pretty honest answer but it was the next part that left me rather bemused.

I was under the impression when a hack was found it was banned and would never be seen again or at least not for a while.

It appears thats not quite the case.

"The problem we have is when we find one called "X" and ban it they simply rename it to "Y".

That pretty much tells me they are rife and there is not a lot WG can do about them.

• Boring 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,768 posts
14,145 battles

And what sort of "hacks", pray tell, do you think exist?

An aimbot would be horrible as an aimbot naturally cannot predict how your opponent is going to maneuver. Aimbots are useful for hitscanning games or games in which projectiles travel fast. That is not the case in WoWs.

A maphack cannot exist unless you can somehow hack into WG servers and stream down information of your particular match as ships that aren't spotted simply aren't "visible" to your client.

All that leaves is a wallhack of sorts that allow you to see your opponents behind cover, something that can also be easily estimated with sufficient skill too. And while such a modification of the game is and should remain illegal, it is hardly the end of the world.

• Cool 9

[CATS]
Players
15,239 posts
11,004 battles
13 minutes ago, MistaBoo said:

That pretty much tells me they are rife and there is not a lot WG can do about them.

That is an assumption of yours. Some people assume the earth is flat or that the world is ruled by aliens....

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,891 posts
6,218 battles

Sometimes i really dont get why people assume ''hacks'' are ripe in wows, first of all all the caculations are done serverside, so in order to make any actually working hacks, 

meaning ones that actually give you some gains, you would have to hack WG servers themselves (GL) and that would brake international laws of sorts, so thats out the window.

Any other ''hack'' is a mod that gives you some info clientside you otherwise wouldnt get, but that info is more or less just going to mess with your game outweing the ''bonuses'' and any info you actually need to be good in this game well, its out there, tips, tactics, mechanics........

:Smile_honoring:

5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Some people assume the earth is flat or that the world is ruled by aliens

WATTT!!!  were not in a flat realm simulation run by Calaganian aliens from pluto, no no no, it cant be  :Smile_ohmy:

:Smile_trollface:

[NED]
Players
4,281 posts
11,774 battles

I have no clue what your issue is OP. What I can say is I'm convinced about 1 thing. Where there are games, there are cheats. Everywhere. So I can understand their answer regarding that "I don't know." Because I think they actually don't know. And I think that goes for all game publishers. So what are you inclining? Had a truly horrible match which you can't explain how you got wrecked like that? We all have those. I have too. I once sincerely doubted a particular match. Yet before I started yelling all kinds of accusations I presented the replay on the Forum. Turned out a very obvious and in retrospect predictable answer: I screwed up. Totally and big time. No proof of cheating whatsoever. Made me rightfully bite the dust, shake my head and that blunder didn't happen to me after that. So: win-win. The community both proved there was no cheat in that situation involved and more importantly: made me a better player.

So: post your replay and we analyze it. Be only prepared to improve your skills when being open minded.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
709 posts
2,831 battles

Post your replay, what you saw as hacks, was most likely just some game mechanic that you did not understand how it works.

• Cool 4

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

An aimbot would be horrible as an aimbot naturally cannot predict how your opponent is going to maneuver. Aimbots are useful for hitscanning games or games in which projectiles travel fast. That is not the case in WoWs.

A maphack cannot exist unless you can somehow hack into WG servers and stream down information of your particular match as ships that aren't spotted simply aren't "visible" to your client.

All that leaves is a wallhack of sorts that allow you to see your opponents behind cover, something that can also be easily estimated with sufficient skill too. And while such a modification of the game is and should remain illegal, it is hardly the end of the world.

There are visualisation hacks like wallhacks that show you enemies that aren't visible, but your client has information on.

There are also predictive shell tracers, so you know where enemy shells will hit, and can more easily avoid them.

[DAVY]
Players
474 posts
4,302 battles

1k battles.  gets rekt. declares hax. runs to forum and whines.  

• Cool 1

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,566 battles

What baffles me is its always players that generally have zero experience or skills in counter hacking or catching hackers that think they know better and that its so easy to detect and deal with. lol

• Cool 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,072 posts
8,272 battles

WG does a great job implementing all hacks into the game client, i dont know what else people would need.

Oh i miss the citadel indicator (stopwatch), that was kinda fun.

Players
1,038 posts
8,541 battles
8 hours ago, MistaBoo said:

I decided to ask WG CS  a few questions a couple of days ago about general things and the replies i got were pretty much what i expected with exception to one i asked about hacks.

The question was straight forward. "How many known hacks are currently being used in-game?"

The replay was as expected a "we dont know". Fair enough thats a pretty honest answer but it was the next part that left me rather bemused.

I was under the impression when a hack was found it was banned and would never be seen again or at least not for a while.

It appears thats not quite the case.

"The problem we have is when we find one called "X" and ban it they simply rename it to "Y".

Rather than shouting "Hack" you'd have been better coming here and asking "How did this happen?".

It is easy as a newcomer to see something and make a mistake assuming it's a cheat.. done it myself.

If I were you, in games where I cannot explain something that happened, I would talk to the members of the forum with as much evidence as possible as well as send a ticket to WG with as much evidence as possible.

Players
725 posts
8,086 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Yep, Aimbot has essentially very low utility, but for a player who do not know do aim and we have alot of those, it is beneficial and makes him/her somewhat better than with-out it.

Maphack is doable, with-out hacking WG servers. But it is like very little gain, for alot of effort. Can not really see that anybody would go through so mutch trouble for that. Deffenetly not in Randoms. Maybe someone in CW might, but rather unlikely.

Basically yes, in a game like WoWs, There is not mutch do gain, by trying do cheat.

Players
3,934 posts
7,496 battles
13 minutes ago, mariouus said:

Yep, Aimbot has essentially very low utility, but for a player who do not know do aim and we have alot of those, it is beneficial and makes him/her somewhat better than with-out it.

Maphack is doable, with-out hacking WG servers. But it is like very little gain, for alot of effort. Can not really see that anybody would go through so mutch trouble for that. Deffenetly not in Randoms. Maybe someone in CW might, but rather unlikely.

Basically yes, in a game like WoWs, There is not mutch do gain, by trying do cheat.

And yet, its always hack, noob teams and rigged MM, not player making mistakes. After all, everyone in internet games are pr0mlg360noscope hampered by one, two or all of these factors:cap_tea:

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles
9 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

A hack which shows you where to lead an enemy would be quite useful and id bet my last dollar it exists. A hack which shows where incoming shells are going to land near your ship? very useful and does exist. 

Moderators
37 posts
64 battles

Hello everyone,

This thread has been locked due to non constructive content.

Thank you for your understanding! :)

Have a nice Sunday! :dance_turtle: