Drasnighta

Chapayev - Really this garbage?

14 comments in this topic

[BOAT]
Players
146 posts
2,225 battles

Hi

So I got a free Chapayev from a mission during the Alexander Ovekechin (or whoever it was) collection.

Reeeaallyyy hate this ship, like really really hate it. It feels like a T8 Nurnberg with weaker guns and less maneuverability. Legit it can't take a hit - I take citadels from every single possible angle and due to the goddamn awful matchmaking I feel like I'm constantly starting every game at a severe disadvantage. The guns are terrible, absolutely terrible (though I don't have IFHE, my 10 point captain I was advised to go CE first).

Like the reload is nice, but when you're averaging 500 damage per salvo on T6 battleships it really is a joke. And as I said before, 99% of the games you play are against T10s who eat you alive.

What am I supposed to do? Go back and actually do the RU cruiser line?

[BOAT]
Players
146 posts
2,225 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Tier X game....

38993_619_1546723797.jpg

Very helpful I'm sure.

Playstyle tips/captain skills etc?

Players
2 posts

fell your pain got the same problem allmost like the MM now is 7 v 9s and 8 v 10 is standerd as well as missmatching ship classes now 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Chapy isn't meant to take hits...

Get PT as a first skill, dodge and STOP SHOOTING when people target you. Then resume firing again when you think they're shooting at others, it's all about awareness and patience. 

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles

Chappy is heaven compared to donskoi

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
4 hours ago, domen3 said:

Chappy is heaven compared to donskoi

Donskoi is arguably the last RU Cruiser and Moskva along with her Prem siblings (Stalin and Kron) play differently.

It's not a bad ship either, it just had poor armour so gets smashed like the rest of the tech tree.

OP should be used to the play style by T8 anyway...

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
57 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Donskoi is arguably the last RU Cruiser and Moskva along with her Prem siblings (Stalin and Kron) play differently.

It's not a bad ship either, it just had poor armour so gets smashed like the rest of the tech tree.

OP should be used to the play style by T8 anyway...

Actually from reading the OP it sounds like he didn't play any of the preceding cruisers at all..

EDIT: Probably not the advice you want to hear @Drasnighta but the fact remains that you do need IFHE in the Chapayev. Also, your inexpireince of the preceding ships in the line is definetly not helping either.

[BOAT]
Players
146 posts
2,225 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Actually from reading the OP it sounds like he didn't play any of the preceding cruisers at all..

EDIT: Probably not the advice you want to hear @Drasnighta but the fact remains that you do need IFHE in the Chapayev. Also, your inexpireince of the preceding ships in the line is definetly not helping either.

Yeah, I got a mission for the Chapayev - and I haven't played any of the preceding ships except games in the Moskva on the test server and during the space wars events.

IFHE it is then. I might go back and properly grind the line up as well, I definitely do feel the lack of experience.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Yeah, I got a mission for the Chapayev - and I haven't played any of the preceding ships except games in the Moskva on the test server and during the space wars events.

IFHE it is then. I might go back and properly grind the line up as well, I definitely do feel the lack of experience.

For the captain take Priority Targeting, and make sure IFHE then Concealment Expert are taken.

Adrenaline Rush is always a nice luxury pick. Expert Marksman is often down to individual taste. 

3rd level is your pick between Superintendent and Demo Expert. 

PT is 100% essential as it tells you when you're free to fire and when you NEED to stop to dodge/slip back into concealment.

Generally stay at near your max range, never lead the pack and don't start shooting until others draw the enemy fire.

Key is knowing where to be and where to fire or not fire so you do maximum damage whilst taking the least incoming fire. 

Pays to look at enemy BB's turrets with zoom as well as the PT indicator as it gives you an idea of who is in a position to shoot you.

Rest is just experience and accept that there will be games where an enemy BB halves or even one shots you. That is Cruiser Life...

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

For the rest I run PT (must, imho), AR and DE. So far worked well enough, will go for CE as the second t4 skill, and most likely superintendent after that.

Sign in to follow this