Sign in to follow this  
Ive_got_the_ships

Which ship should I choose to fight American cruisers

8 comments in this topic

Players
22 posts
2,350 battles

Due to relocating, I'm going to end up having to play on the NA server to play at clan time. Being as patriotic as they are, I'm guessing that there will be a lot of T9/T10 American ships on the NA server and therefore am wondering if there is a particular line that is good for fighting the Americans at higher tiers.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,174 posts
6,741 battles

For cruiser, Henri IV, Zao, Hindenburg I'd say. You can easily outrange them. Moskva can works too but it lacks the HE DPM to compete. Henri have the reload booster that can give a nasty surprise with AP as well. And of course, DM and Worcester themselves.
For BBs, République and Yamato. Because you overmatch the 30mm deck armor, unlike Montana.
For DD : don't.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles

Basically what ShinGetsu said....Anything that has decent range and fast shells. These are natural counters to US cruisers as those have very slow shells.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,174 posts
6,741 battles

Minotaur can compete against Worcester, because if Worcester open the angle to use all its guns, Minotaur shreds it.

But since Minotaur relies heavily on smoke, it's not a very good opponent against ships carrying radars in general.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,221 posts
3,284 battles
On 1/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, ShinGetsu said:

For cruiser, Henri IV, Zao, Hindenburg I'd say. You can easily outrange them. Moskva can works too but it lacks the HE DPM to compete. Henri have the reload booster that can give a nasty surprise with AP as well. And of course, DM and Worcester themselves.
For BBs, République and Yamato. Because you overmatch the 30mm deck armor, unlike Montana.
For DD : don't.

Although Monty's slow shells have falla ngles at long range that takes them out of autobounce range.

My picks would be firespammy ships that have more range than USN cruisers.

[SSA]
Players
603 posts
16,545 battles
2 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

My picks would be firespammy ships that have more *effective* range than USN cruisers.

There, fixed it. ^^

As the others said, basically any open-water type cruiser can utterly dominate the USN ones at range IF someone keeps them spotted for you or they are dumb enough to engage you.

Hinden, Zao and Henri would be my favourites in that order, though the USSR CLs with IFHE are pretty good at it too if they get the chance.

For BBs basically any will do fine as long as your aim is good (take spotter to aim for muzzle-flashes if needed)

with GK being the worst at it unless you can catch one by pushing a flank/ect. before it can disengage and reposition. Though like the Yama it can tank those buggers for ages ^^

Sign in to follow this