You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ukio

You know your matchmaking sucks big time

58 comments in this topic

[OV]
Players
64 posts
6,476 battles

.... but you choose to ignore it for years and not listen to any community proposal.

Posting this, because this is not a particularly rare occasion. 

image.thumb.png.f832c5c3abd34e1f4be84b855fe554a0.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

Players
737 posts
245 battles

Snowballs and landslide victories and defeats will always happen regardless of the skill set of the players (pro or terrible and inbetween).

unless your talking about the tier 7 in a tier 9 game thats going to happen as well, and has been part of this game and world of tanks for ages now.

Someone qouted that static thing where if you lose one ship for example you have something percent less to win or whatever. (sorry for the terrible explantion)

[OV]
Players
64 posts
6,476 battles

Literally 2 games later - this is today, realtime and there is also one new topic regarding the same thing.

Did WG "improved" the matchmaking last 2 days?

image.thumb.png.7ef8e5602500513b20db7ab2fafd770c.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,483 battles
1 hour ago, Ukio said:

.... but you choose to ignore it for years and not listen to any community proposal.

When people complain on this forum about being roflstomped, the trolls always come out with "would you also come here and complain if you were on the winning team?"

I approve of your post ;)

edit: To give some thoughts about the picture. It is indicative of what is been annoying me since at least last summer: the invasion of braindead DDs, and I still keep hoping they return to their BBs.

You see here 2 DDs being top 3 in XP, which means they did their job, while red DDs just rolled over and died.

The one thing that somewhat makes me look forward to the CV rework is that these people will bugger off.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

And this has nothing to do with MM.

Indeed.

First of all. The MM hasn't, and never has, checked player stats. So complaining that the MM doesn't do something it's not designed to do? Just silly.

Secondly, as already noted in this thread. This is a game that by design encourages the snowball effect.

Thirdly, players are greedy *edited*. Instead of going "ok, this sucks but the only way to win is to risk everything.. which really is nothing since there's no cost to sinking the ship and the only thing we could change is to make it a win" they go "I better make the loss as good for me personally as I can, even if win bonuses would make it a lot better even if I died quite fast trying to win it.. but I'll still come to chat and forums to whine about losses I made sure happened".

Fourthly, players are greedy *edited*, and will go "I'm here for this campaign task or mission and I'll ignore everything but those objectives, even if they demand a win I'll leave that issue to my team which I'll sit and throw racist insults at in chat even if they do win and I happen to not get what I want".

4 hours ago, Breezewind said:

If the game had perfect matchmaking, everyone would have 50% average winrate.

Define perfect first.

• Cool 7

[TCNF]
Players
39 posts
5,547 battles
2 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

Define perfect first.

Indeed. I am quite sure it has to look a bit like what I see in the mirror:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
12,171 battles

The only thing wrong here is 7x T9 vs 2x T7, however this applies to both sides...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
2 hours ago, Ukio said:

Looks like pretty balanced MM to me. Both teams get 2 radar cruisers, same radar characterstics, both team have largely equal DD capabilities and if anything I'd even give the enemy team an ever so slight edge for BBs due to Musashi overmatch capability which none of the other team's BBs have. I also see no achievement icons that could indicate unlucky RNG detonations on the losing team.

This match wasn't decided by MM, it was decided by one team rolling over and dying.

OP should ask for a more skilled playerbase, not different MM.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles

It is funny to see a guy complaining about the MM, when the exact same guy stated this just a couple of moments before:

1 hour ago, Ukio said:

I stopped playing for ~1 year (in the meantime my 9yo nephew used my account), and I guess I will take another 2 year brake very soon.

He stopped playing...

^^

2 hours ago, Ukio said:

not listen to any community proposal

Wargaming did listen! But they just decided to not listen to the loud cry babies in the forum, but instead WG listen to reason and changed nothing.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,271 posts
7,592 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

What sucks about it..?

Apart from turning this tactically based and skill including game into a wot copy with one sided not fun to take part in battles? Yeah it's pretty alrighty. I guess people like you enjoy that kind of steamrolls.

• Cool 3

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
78 posts
7,443 battles
9 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

Apart from turning this tactically based and skill including game into a wot copy with one sided not fun to take part in battles? Yeah it's pretty alrighty. I guess people like you enjoy that kind of steamrolls.

hmm,  steamrolls, I think it is an invention by the late  comrade fieldmarshal Zukhov in WWII, later adapted and applied by Mao in North-Korea. But I dont want to bring communism or politics into the discussion, this is just about military tactics and mentality maybe.

[UNICS]
Players
3,073 posts
12,373 battles
13 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

Happens in all mp games. Mm could be improved and I'm sure WG continually works on it, but it's fine now too. People like you are just too whiny.

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
78 posts
7,443 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

Happens in all mp games. Mm could be improved and I'm sure WG continually works on it, but it's fine now too. People like you are just too whiny.

Sorry mate, but Ukio posted 2 screenshots where one of the teams of TWELVE players were not able to sink ONE enemy ship (1st screenshot), or ONE enemy ship at most (2nd screenshot), everything is wrong with that , if you ask me.....

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
13 minutes ago, Garfield4 said:

Sorry mate, but Ukio posted 2 screenshots where one of the teams of TWELVE players was not able to sink ONE enemy ship (1st screenshot), or ONE enemy ship at most (2nd screenshot), everything is wrong with that , if you ask me.....

*edited* - how is MM supposed to know that? Or they just keep sailing broadside?

Edited by Nebiros_1
Edited due to Provocations

[-TXG-]
Players
2,407 posts

depending on numbers, hundreds of battles going on at the same time, 2 or 3 players cry about MM in their particular battles a day. Sounds like a very low percentage of whiners. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Match 1 seems very well balanced MM wise. Equal tiers/ shipclass and radars. M2 the reds had the radar advantage. But I think their Midway had 0,5% or higher winrate. Seeing his/ her plane kill count compared to yours I'd say this was a decided match in the loading screen. CV's dictate this game. Entirely.

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
8 hours ago, Garfield4 said:

Sorry mate, but Ukio posted 2 screenshots where one of the teams of TWELVE players were not able to sink ONE enemy ship (1st screenshot), or ONE enemy ship at most (2nd screenshot), everything is wrong with that , if you ask me.....

If "some guy cherry picked 2 battles to be outraged" is your standard, then no game is going to seem balanced.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
10 hours ago, Garfield4 said:

And that has NOTHING to do with MM in the screenshots.

It's the players' fault if they can't do a damn thing, like for example a Midway that apparently had nothing better to do than let himself get farmed by the enemy Midway!

The games weren't 12 Kawachis against 12 Yamatos, ffs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,598 battles

There is literally nothing wrong with that mm, its always been the same and people always complained about it, but ive seen plenty of lower tier players doing better than their higher tier team mates and that has literally  sod all to do with the mm but to do with 1 set of players having a braincell and using it and the other not.

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
14 hours ago, Aotearas said:

*edited*

It's the players' fault if they can't do a damn thing, like for example a Midway that apparently had nothing better to do than let himself get farmed by the enemy Midway!

It wouldn't surprise me given the result, that their midway weren't given much choice but fruitlessly try either. One friendly team spread across the map, entirely ignoring team comps (including t10 CVs) and one enemy team grouped up well enough so you can't attack stragglers and there's not much more to do. But even then it's a fairly huge difference, so just bad play across most if not everyone on one team and decent and better from the other. Which should give you a loss/win depending on team, and there's nothing the MM should do to change that. 

Edited by Brainstorm909
wrong font & size

Players
51 posts
2,430 battles

I find it funny just how many people are sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the point of the original post. 

Someone thinking the current MM is fine or not is up to them, but the OP is obviously not talking about the ships on the teams, or their tiers. OP is taking about how one team steamrolled the other team without losing a single ship, they are talking about the general skill level of the players, not ships.

Personally I think a basic MM system that takes into account player skill is a good idea. Nothing to big or splits the community, but I see a ton of players in T10 matches that really do not know how to 'play' the game. Sure they can shoot their guns, and sure they can... somewhat... hit their target, but they lack many other skills you pick up during game play. IE tons of people lack map awareness,  realize when to push and when not to (or push at all), even things like simple team play (Supporting caps, not abandoning team mates on a strong flank, etc) simply goes over many players heads. 

Heck, maybe they don't need to change the MM at all. Just reward good plays with higher EXP, and poor to no plays with no EXP. Currently its to fast and easy to go up the tiers using bad tactics that don't benefit the team.

But that's just my opinion.

The main point of my post is that, if people on the forums really wanted whats best for the game they would look at criticism with an open mind, not try to cover it up with nonsense or deflect the issue elsewhere. There are plenty of games that use skill based MM, so its not a new concept or anything like that.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
Just now, JimmyThePirate said:

I find it funny just how many people are sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the point of the original post. 

Someone thinking the current MM is fine or not is up to them, but the OP is obviously not talking about the ships on the teams, or their tiers. OP is taking about how one team steamrolled the other team without losing a single ship, they are talking about the general skill level of the players, not ships.

Personally I think a basic MM system that takes into account player skill is a good idea. Nothing to big or splits the community, but I see a ton of players in T10 matches that really do not know how to 'play' the game. Sure they can shoot their guns, and sure they can... somewhat... hit their target, but they lack many other skills you pick up during game play. IE tons of people lack map awareness,  realize when to push and when not to (or push at all), even things like simple team play (Supporting caps, not abandoning team mates on a strong flank, etc) simply goes over many players heads. 

Heck, maybe they don't need to change the MM at all. Just reward good plays with higher EXP, and poor to no plays with no EXP. Currently its to fast and easy to go up the tiers using bad tactics that don't benefit the team.

But that's just my opinion.

The main point of my post is that, if people on the forums really wanted whats best for the game they would look at criticism with an open mind, not try to cover it up with nonsense or deflect the issue elsewhere. There are plenty of games that use skill based MM, so its not a new concept or anything like that.

I find it funny how you pretend people didn't bring up those very points.

• Cool 1