Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

OktyRev related question

8 comments in this topic

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
175 posts
3,867 battles

picked up the octy rev with extra coal, took it out for a spin, and lost 80% of my hp to a torp. took it out again to double check, made almost rthe same thing happen

not mad, but curious. does this ship take citidel damage from torpedos? i ask since i use bbhe to citedal rn cruisers with lower chance of overpens.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,595 posts
6,879 battles
14 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

picked up the octy rev with extra coal, took it out for a spin, and lost 80% of my hp to a torp. took it out again to double check, made almost rthe same thing happen

not mad, but curious.

Either multiple torps or something else hit you, would be easier to tell from a replay (you have your last 30 replays saved wherever you have WoWS installed, then in a replay folder. Default would be something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships\replays)

16 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

does this ship take citidel damage from torpedos?

All ships with citadels do

16 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

i ask since i use bbhe to citedal rn cruisers with lower chance of overpens. 

This is actually kinda dumb, because it nearly never works. Most BBs don't have enough HE pen for it, and those who do... you'd still be better off with AP

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
31 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

not mad, but curious. does this ship take citidel damage from torpedos? i ask since i use bbhe to citedal rn cruisers with lower chance of overpens.

As someone who's done some reading up on the class (and lost my own Nikolai to a single torpedo once) I can safely say I am not surprised.

Simply put, those ships had essentially no torpedo protection what so ever.

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,039 battles
11 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Simply put, those ships had essentially no torpedo protection what so ever.

Which does not matter much as no torpedo does that much damage, unless you get detonated. But that is a different matter.

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Which does not matter much as no torpedo does that much damage, unless you get detonated. But that is a different matter.

Well in my case I definetly was, but you could probably guess this:Smile-_tongue:

It does however explain why the Nicky and Okt Rev (and, indeed, I suspect the low tier (3-6, at the very least) upcoming RU BB's) really don't like being torped all that much.

Addendum to that last bit: As my book on Russian and Soviet bb's clearly states that all the Tsarist era dreadnought battleships didn't bother with any torpedo protection worth the name.

Players
51 posts
2,430 battles

From my understanding:

If a torp hits you in the nose or stern it will do full damage and have a higher chance of flooding. However, it does not count as citadel damage so you are able to heal back more of the damage caused.

If a torp hits you on the belt it will have its damage reduced by your torp protection (IE if the torp normally does 10,000 damage and your torp protection is 50%, it would instead only do 5,000 damage), and will have a lower chance of causing a flood. Although this does count as citadel damage so you can't heal back as much of it.

Generally if you have a high torp protection or your damage con is on cool down you want to receive hits on the belt (more damage reduction), if you have low torp protection and damage con is available you'll want to take it on the nose so you can heal more damage back.

Sign in to follow this