Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Zer0Point8

10 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles

Hello, 

First of, I never used PTS, despite reading some info I am far from "up2date".

CVs are coming in 0.8.0 and I am curious on how the game evolves. I spend many many hours, met really nice people, spent 2 much cash (more than my wife would agree on) to not care.

Nah, not a goodbye post :)

Only few questions?

For better reading and the ones liking lists here is one:

- will any planes still spot torps?

- since meta shift will go cv, more classes will be forced to go AA builds - meaning less hydro (or use catapult/spotter instead of radar).

* even with 3cvs per game, this looks like a major buff for dds, leaving cruisers and BBs more vulnerable to DD torps (especially long range in case first listitem is true). If cruisers would be able to choose "hydro / aa" and "radar / fighter" this could actually work. Only if ful AA BBs can also choose AA or DD defence in the right values. It all comes down to AA strength, and new CPT skill tree.

Since I already forgot half the things I planed to ask typin one finger phone post... just maybe I end with a suggestion.

To counter the CV meta on release... for the love of god WG... dont do stupid missions again. Better off just giving all non CV classes +200% on xp earn when release gets live ;) Specially if you intend to release RN CVs as close as 0.8.1.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,815 posts
5,688 battles

Planes wont spot torps. This includes fighters/spotters.

MM is only suppossed to be 2 carriers, the 3 per team is only if there is an excessive number in the queue. So probably only fpr first week.

Unknown how meta will end up. Torps dont get spotted, but the new CV are pretty good against DD. The best AA cruisers also tend to be the ones with radar. But if they use fighters then they wont have radar. Theres also the reasonable possibility that most new CV will just go for BB as they're easier to hit and give a higher damage number (a powerful lure for your average potato)

• Cool 2

Players
414 posts
4,844 battles

Call me cynical, but the next mission arc could be to land 2000 torps in a single match with a T5 to T7 Russian ship and still we would have players sailing with some random premium Russian ship that somehow is the only Russian ship in tier with 4Km+ torps and still believe they can complete the mission.

Same will go with the rework. Enough players will play the new version of the game, irreparably change the meta for the worse, and somehow bask in the glory that in the end anyone that even implies the decrease in gameplay quality is not fully due to bad players will get bullied and flamed by fanboys.

The biggest surprise of this update is actually that it's so polarising that even some fanboys "jumped ship". (pun intended) :cap_tea:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

if they use fighters then they wont have radar.

Exactly. This could shift the radar meta. At least outside CBs.

Also about BBs... If they specc into AA it should survive far more if not AA specd. The poor AA ones should be able to conpensate with survivability buffs vs CV attacks.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,595 posts
6,879 battles
20 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

will any planes still spot torps?

Apparently no, that's for both - CV and catapult lauinched

20 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

since meta shift will go cv, more classes will be forced to go AA builds - meaning less hydro (or use catapult/spotter instead of radar)

Possibly. Then again if you think reduction of Hydros per game will increase DDs power... those DDs will already have their hands full dodging rockets:Smile_trollface: Also Radar ranges and durations have generally increased a bit

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,105 battles

The changes to radar might be quite interesting, once CV numbers have dropped back to a sensible level (I'm guessing May some time?) - those few seconds before you render to people who aren't the radar ship that illuminated you open up some interesting evasion/counter-attack options (even with the extended duration/range)...

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,891 posts
14,231 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

dont do stupid missions again

Uh...

h5hkpS7.png

While many directives aren't CV specific, most are easier to complete with CVs than with other classes.

[L4GG]
Players
1,644 posts
6,502 battles
1 hour ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Call me cynical, but the next mission arc could be to land 2000 torps in a single match with a T5 to T7 Russian ship and still we would have players sailing with some random premium Russian ship that somehow is the only Russian ship in tier with 4Km+ torps and still believe they can complete the mission.

Same will go with the rework. Enough players will play the new version of the game, irreparably change the meta for the worse, and somehow bask in the glory that in the end anyone that even implies the decrease in gameplay quality is not fully due to bad players will get bullied and flamed by fanboys.

The biggest surprise of this update is actually that it's so polarising that even some fanboys "jumped ship". (pun intended) :cap_tea:

When I started to play there were a lot of Bismarcks and gneisenaus out there, now, maybe because an increase of diversity I don't see them as much.

when the RN BBs came out, it was dark days for cruisers and I saw hundreds of BBs in the queue. after a few weeks the numbers drop to normality.

the cv numbers were always low but the gameplay  will be more action oriented, so as you say, I too believe in an increase of regular cv players.

And now the cv players won't be head on with each other,, with planes until the end of the battles, no fighters, etc, they will be one more player in the team, a powerful member of the team.

Unicom vs noob will continue, but this time, the Unicom will be the fastest to get higher damage numbers.

For the part I'm concerned, there will be ships that I will stop playing many of them I love to play.

a ship could be marked as soon as the MM is shown on screen and if a game is full of AA ships, than you know you will be the punching bag for the cv if you are in a meh AA ship.

I will wait

Players
4,051 posts
7,554 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Uh...

h5hkpS7.png

While many directives aren't CV specific, most are easier to complete with CVs than with other classes.

TL;DR

2s1tni.jpg

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles
10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Uh...

h5hkpS7.png

No I get that. Release is now traditionally accompanied with set of "arsenal missions" or ... whatever this system is called.

But its the directives ... lets say ... "kill XY IJN DDs" ... so in the end nobody plays those.

Sign in to follow this