Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seeigel

Spotting aircraft after 0.8.0

8 comments in this topic

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
154 posts
7,970 battles

Hello,

quick question: during the test of the cv rework, the skill "direction center for catapult aircraft" got changed so it doesnt work anymore for spotting aircraft.

BUT commanders that have that skill dont get reset when the patch goes live?

Some ships/playstyles rely on those double spotters, for example the Perth.

Just an oversight or does that skill not change?

[SM0KE]
Players
3,429 posts
8,886 battles

I believe there is a free respec for all captains (for about a week) after the next patch.

[MIAUZ]
Players
415 posts
6,930 battles

Sure?

Aircraft Carriers: Which Nation to Choose?

General rules for all ships

• All Upgrades that produce an effect on the operation of anti-aircraft guns will be demounted and transferred to the Inventory.
  • Commanders without specialization for aircraft carriers, but with any of the following skills mastered: "Dogfighting Expert", "Aircraft Servicing Expert", "Evasive Maneuver", "Expert Rear Gunner", "Emergency Takeoff", or "Air Supremacy", will have their skills reset.

This information seams to be the reason for Seeigel's question.

The next question: If you want to replace non AA Upgrades with AA Upgrades, is that only for credits?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles

With the launch of the next update for a full week we get:

• Free captain resetting - that's their skill points
  • Free captain retraining - that's when you move them from ship to ship
  • Free module demounting (that's things as Aiming Systems, Concealment Module, Reload Mod and so on)

Just because the captain won't be automatically reset doesn't mean it won't be resettable manually

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
123 posts
15,879 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

With the launch of the next update for a full week we get:

• Free captain resetting - that's their skill points
  • Free captain retraining - that's when you move them from ship to ship
  • Free module demounting (that's things as Aiming Systems, Concealment Module, Reload Mod and so on)

Sounds nice, free resetting and all, but I’ve got 100+ ships with 10+-skill Commanders to reset.

Apart from the time it takes I’d very much like a second resetting option say a month into the carrier because I doubt that in the first week the best specs for all ships will be clear. 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles
1 minute ago, Bushpanther said:

Sounds nice, free resetting and all, but I’ve got 100+ ships with 10+-skill Commanders to reset.

I'm in the same boat as you with over 100 ships there. Not every one of them needs a reset tho, but... we'll see

2 minutes ago, Bushpanther said:

Apart from the time it takes I’d very much like a second resetting option say a month into the carrier because I doubt that in the first week the best specs for all ships will be clear. 

This is quite a popular opinion, and rightfully so. However I wouldn't put too much hope into that one

Players
7,651 posts
9,377 battles
11 hours ago, Bushpanther said:

Well, you can reset skills on day one on all ships, then on few specific boats try out various skill combinations so if you have to reset skills after free period, its one-two ships instead 100. After all, what worked on Montana have good chances of working on Iowa/North Carolina and maybe lower tier Freedom battleboats.

Or reset skills, get baseline skills (PT/AR/SI/CE for example) and wait and see whether going all out AA will be needed

Sign in to follow this